Login

russian armor

New meta since patch

14 Feb 2018, 17:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Feb 2018, 16:05 PMVipper

More "subtle"? Seriously? The majority of his post are completely biased some of them even defending some of the most broken allied units and abilities (before they where fixed/patched) like:

Win-industry

Cancer-Commander

Penals (first implementation with flamer)

Calliope (being able to decrew)
and so on....

In addition he did so while insulting anyone who had a different opinion contributing into creating a very toxic environment and presented claims as facts that where actually completely wrong.

"Subtle" is hardly a word to describe those posts.
yea he was accepted cause 1 he was a meme 2 the majority here tilt to one side , which u can tell by yourself
14 Feb 2018, 21:42 PM

I still see Katitof now and again. I think he's back from exile.
14 Feb 2018, 22:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Feb 2018, 16:05 PMVipper

More "subtle"? Seriously? The majority of his post are completely biased some of them even defending some of the most broken allied units and abilities (before they where fixed/patched) like:

Win-industry

Cancer-Commander

Penals (first implementation with flamer)

Calliope (being able to decrew)
and so on....

In addition he did so while insulting anyone who had a different opinion contributing into creating a very toxic environment and presented claims as facts that where actually completely wrong.

"Subtle" is hardly a word to describe those posts.

Actually, vast majority of people I've replied to were on a skill level, where balance didn't mattered for them at all for good few hundred ranks up, hence l2p argument applied with much heavier weight then balance one. Think of me whatever you want, but I belong to the old guard who remembers when CoH forums were about spamming strategy and replay section instead of balance one.

That includes you, stingy Cruzz-wanabe stat mole with no in-game experience(judging by impossible, never happening scenarios you were constantly coming up on official forums) :sibPheasant:

Your theorycrafts make me look like most active player around, back at my worst in the past.
14 Feb 2018, 22:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Feb 2018, 22:00 PMKatitof

One's skill level is no excuse for insulting them.

My in-game experience is longer than yours actually.

Nice to see that you accept that my knowledge on stat and game mechanics is superior to yours.

I am not even sure to what you disagree with my post unless you describe yourself as "subtle".
14 Feb 2018, 22:27 PM

Oh yeay. This has turned into Katitof and Vippers argument thread.
15 Feb 2018, 00:33 AM

Poor Euan, just wanted information on the current meta and instead he got a pissing match. From what I've see in 1v1. Generally speaking the reworked commanders and stuff that got a buff are more common now.

OKW - Battlegroup is much more common - either Flak HT or a fast P4 seems to be the norm. I hardly see Luches rush anymore. Luff Ground Forces is much more common now but old mainstays like Scavenge and Spec Ops haven't gone anywhere.

USF - Mechanized and Recon are viable but other than that much hasn't changed- LT builds might be more common now that you don't have to worry about Luches every match. Armor has kind of fallen out of favor even though it's still pretty good. I feel like Infantry Company is newly popular.

Soviets - Conscript builds seem to be favored and Guards are pretty popular as well now that they aren't trash. Overall pretty flexible in what is a viable build now. Probably the hardest faction to predict a strategy from I'd say.

Ostheer - G43 grens seem to be most popular- lots of jaeger infantry because Jeager Command squad is love and life. Lightning War and Elite Troops are also frequently seen still. Overall strategies haven't changed much except you see more people teching T3 into T4 now if they can swing the fuel for Brumbar or Panther.

Brits - Commander picks haven't been shaken up much - still lots of Vanguard, SPecial Weapons, Mobile Assault (Commando is actually viable and used now though). Emplacements aren't really that great or used frequently from what I've seen. UC is a bit more popular. Hammer is still >> Anvil. Brits were mostly just made less cheesy. Their lack of snare and indirect fire options are still a headache when you play as them.

Hope that helps.
15 Feb 2018, 08:42 AM

conclusion:

- your stuka was nearly useless and doesnt work well for its price (compare it with LM...which cost the half) imagine what would happen if the LM would shot on the area in https://youtu.be/NLX_mvVxcKI?t=1996 or here: https://youtu.be/NLX_mvVxcKI?t=2121
- jgpz4 is so slow and misses often, is not mobil enough for a defending/ flanking through enemy tanks
- rakten cant do its job: destroy/ fear tanks
- MG are so strong vs OKW
- expansive Luchs die to fast and will never wipe squads by itsself...not like the t70 (which is really god vs tanks too)
- Sov AT gun survive easily vs 2 luchs...while it wipe easile infantery squads (!!!)
- puma have paper armor..
- guards own all of your untis easily
-cons are so accurate ...not funny
- SU 76 hit erverytime....on max range and shot like autoloader
- sov needs no fuel to win games..all they need is Manpower
- IL2 is a cancer right now (thats why it was used so much in KoTH and mostly every game in rank)*
- sov can bank about 250 fuel ..and still win..
- okw schwerer has much problem to deal with planes...

and so on...

i dont blame you (you are a great player)...i say only that the life/ play is much easier with allie faction and its much harder with OKW actually exspacilly in Teamgames

:clap:
15 Feb 2018, 10:03 AM

For heavens sake, can we please just perma-ban Katitof again. There's one common denominator here....
15 Feb 2018, 11:19 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Feb 2018, 22:08 PMVipper

My in-game experience is longer than yours actually.

For all the games I have randomly play with or vs you, it didn't help you so far. :D

Anyway Coh2.org is an Axis Fanboy stronghold with 3-4 posters that always break any thread into AxisUPvsAlliesOP argumentation over an over...
15 Feb 2018, 11:31 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Feb 2018, 11:19 AMEsxile

Anyway Coh2.org is an Axis Fanboy stronghold with 3-4 posters that always break any thread into AxisUPvsAlliesOP argumentation over an over...

If only at least 1 of them would have stats/rankings that do not blow :guyokay:
15 Feb 2018, 11:54 AM

For all the games I have randomly play with or vs you, it didn't help you so far. :D

look whos talking
15 Feb 2018, 17:31 PM

Coh2.org is pretty good compared to company of heroes 2 home site. Just got to watch out for imperial dane's zombies.
15 Feb 2018, 19:02 PM

"lelic scope"
i thought this was a community patch only?
15 Feb 2018, 19:03 PM

Coh2.org is pretty good compared to company of heroes 2 home site. Just got to watch out for imperial dane's zombies.

like dangerouscloth for example i guess :loco:
15 Feb 2018, 20:29 PM

Being on both, I beg to differ.
I specifically like balance threads format enforcement on official forums, raging one liners are being purged instantly.
15 Feb 2018, 20:40 PM

"lelic scope"
i thought this was a community patch only?

the scope mean that relic choosed what the community could change or not.
16 Feb 2018, 02:30 AM

Considering the small player base, I don't think 3 months is long enough for the meta to shake out. That being said, I think this game is in the best state ever, and the meta allows for everything.. you can play inf heavy, light vehicles, combined arms, rushing a medium tank, etc. The skill planes that everyone complains about get shot down by vetted AA easily.. I guess people don't know how to turn on the AA function on their Flak HQ.

Also, anecdotally, I've been smashing people with OKW in random 2v2s. I find they are the most flexible faction in the game and don't think they are weak at all.
16 Feb 2018, 07:08 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Feb 2018, 02:30 AMDanielD
Considering the small player base, I don't think 3 months is long enough for the meta to shake out. That being said, I think this game is in the best state ever, and the meta allows for everything.. you can play inf heavy, light vehicles, combined arms, rushing a medium tank, etc. The skill planes that everyone complains about get shot down by vetted AA easily.. I guess people don't know how to turn on the AA function on their Flak HQ.

Also, anecdotally, I've been smashing people with OKW in random 2v2s. I find they are the most flexible faction in the game and don't think they are weak at all.

easily? the schwere have trouble to deal with planes...i seen many replay where the IL2 can flight all the time without shooting down ....schwere was useless...and than the enemy attack cause the schwere has 1min cooldown to defense itself....what a joke
16 Feb 2018, 23:37 PM

I think it comes down to game sense and micro skill.

At an intermediate to high level of skill, Allies are easier...

OKW comes down to being super skilled with raketen positioning and cloak use then avoiding squad wipes, and then blobbing at the right moments.

The problem is each tier has one super good unit that you CANNOT lose. If you can handle microing a lot of infantry and babying that one unit (Luchs or flak HT) then you might win. Watch Troy's stream, he's pretty good at playing OKW, aggressive at first and then turning super defensive until you have enough vet to beat semi-superior allied infantry.

Soviet in particular is much more forgiving in terms of squad wipes, since you're not going to win the game with your infantry, but with tanks anyway. Similar to OKW, babying your sniper will win you the game but I find it's not AS bad to lose that sniper as an OKW vehicle.

Generally I find because of the crappy support weapons you need to have about 25% better micro to beat a similarly skilled Soviet player. You just get too punished from staying in losing battles or squad wipes with OKW.

19 Feb 2018, 06:59 AM

Poor Euan, just wanted information on the current meta and instead he got a pissing match.

Hehe, it's coh2.org, what else can we expect ;) but thanks a lot for the summary, very useful and interesting!

sluzbenik's point about OKW is also interesting and makes sense, will keep that in mind.

Cheers guys!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 61
Germany 20
unknown 20

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %