Login

russian armor

Reinforcing OKW

13 Feb 2018, 05:26 AM

So I'm pretty new to CoH2 after playing CoH 1 a fair bit. I'm loving OKW so far, but the biggest problem I tend to have is reinforcing my squads in the field. With Ostheer I always have a halftrack on standby, but OKW doesn't seem to have any decent reinforcement options. Their squads kick a lot of ass but having to run all the way back across the map to get my squads up to strength or to recrew a heavy weapon is just killing me. Is there something I'm missing here? I just find it hard to keep up any kind of pressure with this army.

I know the medic truck can reinforce but once it's set up it can't be moved and putting it too far forward is suicide. Not to mention that it costs a hell of a lot to get both medics and making it a forward retreat point.

At the moment I'm mostly practicing against AI and I find myself chasing my AI partner's 251s around the map to reinforce lol
13 Feb 2018, 06:37 AM

Well there is now opel truck as mobile reinforce option in feuerstorm doctrine.
13 Feb 2018, 17:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Feb 2018, 05:26 AMHauRuck
So I'm pretty new to CoH2 after playing CoH 1 a fair bit. I'm loving OKW so far, but the biggest problem I tend to have is reinforcing my squads in the field. With Ostheer I always have a halftrack on standby, but OKW doesn't seem to have any decent reinforcement options. Their squads kick a lot of ass but having to run all the way back across the map to get my squads up to strength or to recrew a heavy weapon is just killing me. Is there something I'm missing here? I just find it hard to keep up any kind of pressure with this army.

I know the medic truck can reinforce but once it's set up it can't be moved and putting it too far forward is suicide. Not to mention that it costs a hell of a lot to get both medics and making it a forward retreat point.

At the moment I'm mostly practicing against AI and I find myself chasing my AI partner's 251s around the map to reinforce lol

The medic truck, on top of all that, imbues a reinforcement penalty on top of all those costs. This was specifically because of OKW's reinforcing capabilities, if you can believe it.

Like Aarotron said, the Feuersturm doctrine, which you should buy with supply (that you hopefully have earned enough grinding AI), has the opel blitz truck. This commander was freshly redesigned around the changes that came with the most recent patch.

It's hard to tell but you're kind of supposed to play the new redesigned factions. The Luftwaffe doctrine's planes enable Fallschirmjager to reinforce a couple models on the field if you can afford it as well.
14 Feb 2018, 23:06 PM
Patrion 14

The medic truck, on top of all that, imbues a reinforcement penalty on top of all those costs. This was specifically because of OKW's reinforcing capabilities, if you can believe it.

This is misleading. The only penalty is a reinforcement time increase when the forward retreat point is active. There is no manpower increase. Ideally, don't ever get the FRP upgrade and just soft retreat squads to maintain a forward presence. Or... at least toggle off FRP before reinforcing your squads.

Place your med base a bit forward - not far enough forward to be an artillery magnet. But enough to minimize the replenishment time of your troops when soft retreating in order to improve your field presence.

15 Feb 2018, 01:33 AM
Senior Caster Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Feb 2018, 23:06 PMTroyd

Place your med base a bit forward - not far enough forward to be an artillery magnet

Every Med hq outside base is an artillery magnet unfortunately ! :P
15 Feb 2018, 14:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Feb 2018, 23:06 PMTroyd

This is misleading. The only penalty is a reinforcement time increase when the forward retreat point is active. There is no manpower increase. Ideally, don't ever get the FRP upgrade and just soft retreat squads to maintain a forward presence. Or... at least toggle off FRP before reinforcing your squads.

Place your med base a bit forward - not far enough forward to be an artillery magnet. But enough to minimize the replenishment time of your troops when soft retreating in order to improve your field presence.

True, the penalty is only applied when using it actively as a forward retreat point.

So yeah, if he has been investing in it as an FRP it may be useful to be aware of that nuance to disabling it and re-enabling it do it doesn't nullify it's purpose, especially if it's the time spent replenishing his army.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 83
United States 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment