Login

russian armor

Why no one complains about Bunker spam?

8 Feb 2018, 21:10 PM

Ah, so now you provide a bit more crucial information.

So what you're really asking is "how does a USF player handle two players where one spams bunkers and the other covers the position with mortars?"

Get your teammates to help.

You could also use something like a jeep to drive past those bunkers. Soviet clown cars and satchels also help, but since this appears to be a question for USF in a 2v1 situation, I'd say get out of the balance forums and use the state office.

I am talking about general team games. If anyone denies Axis is click to win (As long as it is not against full Soviet team) is just being a fanboy. The maps in this game are designed for comptomping as they offer no flanking chance in 3v3 and 4v4 and unlike COH1 here one MG burst completely pins down the entire units within its radius regardless if the MG is shooting at them or not. Then you bring smoke and get pass the bunker to attack it from behind but you face another bunker which is covering the back of the first bunker. I faced this against both US and Axis bunker spamming players. There is no difference if it is US being covered by soviet mortars and spamming fighting positions or it is Axis spamming bunker and being covered by mortars or infantry guns.

These things are issue and it shows the bad design of the game. Such strategies should punish the player badly for making such stupid moves but sadly mostly because of the map design and game design it is very rewarding.
8 Feb 2018, 21:15 PM

People complain about everything on these forums. So I guess nobody cares?
8 Feb 2018, 21:17 PM

Well yes, there is a huge design flaw in 3v3s and 4v4s where a single player can get double and triple teamed.

And if there's no difference between a coordinated us/soviet team why is a coordinated axis team so much more "click to win"?

Because it really sounds like you're doing your own thing in 3v3 and 4v4s and wondering why you can't solo a team.
8 Feb 2018, 21:50 PM

I am talking about general team games. If anyone denies Axis is click to win (As long as it is not against full Soviet team) is just being a fanboy. The maps in this game are designed for comptomping as they offer no flanking chance in 3v3 and 4v4 and unlike COH1 here one MG burst completely pins down the entire units within its radius regardless if the MG is shooting at them or not. Then you bring smoke and get pass the bunker to attack it from behind but you face another bunker which is covering the back of the first bunker. I faced this against both US and Axis bunker spamming players. There is no difference if it is US being covered by soviet mortars and spamming fighting positions or it is Axis spamming bunker and being covered by mortars or infantry guns.

These things are issue and it shows the bad design of the game. Such strategies should punish the player badly for making such stupid moves but sadly mostly because of the map design and game design it is very rewarding.

for a good team, a bunker in 3x3 and 4x4 was never a problem, perhaps you are doing something wrong, download 2-3 replays, and perhaps we can understand the mistake
8 Feb 2018, 23:30 PM

Spamming Bunkers in an already muni starved faction (ost) is hard, especially if they start replacing their gren upgrades, rifle nades, and mines to upgrade an MG bunker meaning the rest of their army suffers
9 Feb 2018, 04:39 AM

Low-skill player losing to "low-skill" cheesy tactics isn't indicative of any balance issues. In any case, if it's 3v3 or 4v4, just because you're terrible doesn't mean it's over, you can always hope that you have good teammates who can help to win the game for you.
9 Feb 2018, 08:32 AM

you are wrong sir. Fighting position gets a slight increase but it does not match the OST/OKW bunker until you garrison it and therefor does not 'SelfSpot'.

Prove me wrong I guess?

That's not how this works.

You make the claim, you prove it.

I'm not going to do your work for you, especially since you're well known to claim random stuff without the slightest back-up (cough ISU cough).

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Feb 2018, 17:40 PMMongal

According to cheat mod 2 the OST mg bunker can see way further than the fighting pit. The mg bunker can even see past its firing range yet the fighting pit can not even see it full firing range without a spotter.

The game files list the same sight upgrade for both bunkers and fighting positions.
Did you contruct the fighting position with the RE's or did you somehow spawn it?
9 Feb 2018, 09:47 AM

same people who said "maxim is fine l2p". I got my answer anyway, the answer is the players of COH2 unlike COH1 are not RTS skilled players they are just kids from Call of Duty who wanted to try a super casual pay to win game and came over here with cheesy tactics that outplays skilled tactics. That is why no one complains about bunker spam. If you had spent one second reading my post you could read in TEAM 3v3 and 4v4 games covered by mortar which means it gives you NO way to counter it because one player spams bunker the other one brings mortar and if you are US then good luck getting resources to unlock your AT gun and even if you do just two mortar shots are enough to kill the AT crew.

3v3 and 4v4 is completly broken and retarded anyways. I think bunkers are the smallest problem in these game modes. Every single game becomes a blob/arty/spamfest and there is nothing you can do but blob more and spam more indirect fire.
9 Feb 2018, 09:53 AM

3v3 and 4v4 is completly broken and retarded anyways. I think bunkers are the smallest problem in these game modes. Every single game becomes a blob/arty/spamfest and there is nothing you can do but blob more and spam more indirect fire.

in 3x3/4x4, only the search is broken (but it's because of online) playing in the team, I do not feel any problems.
9 Feb 2018, 12:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Feb 2018, 18:55 PMaaa
Clamin that mortars and esp. Atg are solid counter pto bunkers is insane.

It's not insane, it is basic strategy and the way it should be handled in the early- game.

Just like british emplacements, they cost quite alot of valuable MP in the early- game(that you could be using for another infantry squad, weapon team or even caches in teamgames), take time and preperation to set up which is risky if it gets discovered, and are utterly sh!t upon by basic tools available from the start like(mechanized) mortars and Anti- tank guns, or they can be avoided entirely by just walking around a flank or different part of the map.

Though german bunkers can be annoying indeed, they are far from gamebreaking as some people would like to state.
9 Feb 2018, 12:34 PM

There is no problem with bunker spam. Period.
9 Feb 2018, 12:42 PM
Benefactor 392

why would someone put an mg behind a shot blocker, the mg is guna block its own vision :loco:

Bunker spam is easily counted and its not free on the axis side

I agree it's way to much to invest into
9 Feb 2018, 12:55 PM

Nobody complains about bunker spam cuz it's not an issue. Sure, it is annoying on certain maps, cuz the wehr bunker cannot be damaged by small arms fire (unlike USF bunker), and has like vet 2 sniper sight range which is insane.

The sight range is maybe the only thing that deserves a nerf, but apart from that all good.
9 Feb 2018, 13:57 PM
Donator 11

That's not how this works.

You make the claim, you prove it.

I'm not going to do your work for you, especially since you're well known to claim random stuff without the slightest back-up (cough ISU cough).

The game files list the same sight upgrade for both bunkers and fighting positions.
Did you contruct the fighting position with the RE's or did you somehow spawn it?

You are so wrong that its funny.

Vs

The Ost bunker self spots even past its line of fire meaning you don't have to spot for it or have a garrison.

- Fighting POS When garrisoned
9 Feb 2018, 14:21 PM

that's weird, why would garrisoning the fighting position trigger the extended sight (to the same extent as the bunker).

The gamefiles list the exact same sight upgrade for both bunker and fighting position, thus this should not be happening.

Either the fighting position is weird/bugged or the bunker is.
9 Feb 2018, 14:37 PM
Donator 11

that's weird, why would garrisoning the fighting position trigger the extended sight (to the same extent as the bunker).

The gamefiles list the exact same sight upgrade for both bunker and fighting position, thus this should not be happening.

Either the fighting position is weird/bugged or the bunker is.

The Fighting position is weird. Could be the base stats for the bunkers are different for LOS so when they get the sight upgrade they disproportional have an effect on their max LOS? They have the same base value for their LOS meaning its something wrong with the upgrade or intended.

Either way I don't think both should self spot unless garrisoned but then again the fighting position gets the free riflenade with it so maybe its fair, just god damn annoying the OST suppresses so fast and has such a wide AOE with it.
9 Feb 2018, 14:47 PM

The Fighting position is weird. Could be the base stats for the bunkers are different for LOS so when they get the sight upgrade they disproportional have an effect on their max LOS? They have the same base value for their LOS meaning its something wrong with the upgrade or intended.

Either way I don't think both should self spot unless garrisoned but then again the fighting position gets the free riflenade with it so maybe its fair, just god damn annoying the OST suppresses so fast and has such a wide AOE with it.

sight can go, and the fighting position is also sightly cheaper, so there is that too.

As for ost bunker suppresing, if infantry could just walk it of, it would be a waste wouldnt it?

That said, I am starting to prefer the bunker over the mg42, so maybe something is wrong.
9 Feb 2018, 17:14 PM

Base sight radius is different. Maximum sight is the same as bunker gains no vision from being garrisoned.

fighting_position_mp
sight_ext: sight_package: outer_radius: 10

bunker_mp
sight_ext: sight_package: outer_radius: 35
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %