Login

russian armor

Why no one complains about Bunker spam?

8 Feb 2018, 10:33 AM

This is something really hilarious in 3v3 and 4v4 games that axis starts to spam bunkers everywhere cause their combat unit (grenadiers) can make it faster together than one pioneer squad and most of the maps in this game are really bad designed that one or two bunkers completely cover all entrances to a certain point and with 2-3 mortars supporting them and one AT gun there is no way you can get through it.

So I am wondering why no one is complaining about such obvious broken thing? Just like it took 5 years for community to understand Maxim MG deployment time was a joke and now the same role is being played by Wehr bunkers.
8 Feb 2018, 10:56 AM

they rebalanced those bunker in cancel patch tho
8 Feb 2018, 10:59 AM

This is something really hilarious in 3v3 and 4v4 games that axis starts to spam bunkers everywhere cause their combat unit (grenadiers) can make it faster together than one pioneer squad and most of the maps in this game are really bad designed that one or two bunkers completely cover all entrances to a certain point and with 2-3 mortars supporting them and one AT gun there is no way you can get through it.

So I am wondering why no one is complaining about such obvious broken thing? Just like it took 5 years for community to understand Maxim MG deployment time was a joke and now the same role is being played by Wehr bunkers.

show the replay, and you used the smoke?
8 Feb 2018, 12:13 PM

Because bunkers are static buildings that any mortar or AT gun can smash in a few shots or multiple shells.
8 Feb 2018, 12:18 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

Because bunkers are static buildings that any mortar or AT gun can smash in a few shots or multiple shells.

+1
8 Feb 2018, 16:31 PM

AT guns effectively cannot miss bunkers and kill them in 3 shots.
8 Feb 2018, 16:37 PM
Donator 11

Bunker spam in 3v3 - 4v4 is actually a problem if we wanna look at large team format.

The problem IMO with the OST/okw bunker is that they self spot while the fighting pit has to have a garrison to gain that same sightline.
8 Feb 2018, 16:44 PM

Bunker spam in 3v3 - 4v4 is actually a problem if we wanna look at large team format.

The problem IMO with the OST/okw bunker is that they self spot while the fighting pit has to have a garrison to gain that same sightline.

Bullshit, both upgrades add the same sight (check the stats).

Could you check atleast one claim before posting?
8 Feb 2018, 17:40 PM

According to cheat mod 2 the OST mg bunker can see way further than the fighting pit. The mg bunker can even see past its firing range yet the fighting pit can not even see it full firing range without a spotter.
8 Feb 2018, 17:43 PM
Donator 11

you are wrong sir. Fighting position gets a slight increase but it does not match the OST/OKW bunker until you garrison it and therefor does not 'SelfSpot'.

Prove me wrong I guess?
8 Feb 2018, 17:56 PM
Donator 11

AT guns effectively cannot miss bunkers and kill them in 3 shots.

You're right here, might be more than 3 shots for sure but its still hard to get LOS on the dang thing. Attacking ground isn't that effective either as you can easily get shot blocked if placed correctly meaning your only option is to go for mortar which is another problem but should be in another thread.

8 Feb 2018, 18:38 PM

You're right here, might be more than 3 shots for sure but its still hard to get LOS on the dang thing. Attacking ground isn't that effective either as you can easily get shot blocked if placed correctly meaning your only option is to go for mortar which is another problem but should be in another thread.

why would someone put an mg behind a shot blocker, the mg is guna block its own vision :loco:

Bunker spam is easily counted and its not free on the axis side
aaa
8 Feb 2018, 18:55 PM

Clamin that mortars and esp. Atg are solid counter pto bunkers is insane. Mortar would take an hour to kill bunker. first shot would automaticalyc reveal its location. And that mortar would be wiped wit barrages in a matter of seconds.
Axis more often get mortars than anyone. So mortars vs mortars and bunkers is in their favor always. Bunkers in tye corners are esp. hard to deal with and really bad for the game. Since require no user input. Mortar that retreat from the corner would get back hour after bunker get repair.
8 Feb 2018, 19:19 PM
Donator 33

With the new T4 Upgrade for Osttruppen locking mg upgrade till tech, it would be possible to lock the MG upgrade ONLY for the bunker to T2, preventing these first 5 minute bunker placements. Same could be done with USF pits. It is exceedingly lame to see a bunker/bunkers at such early game stages. I feel a simple move to T2 is more appropriate than pop cap. This would not interfere with the medic or reinforce bunkers.
8 Feb 2018, 19:28 PM
Donator 11

why would someone put an mg behind a shot blocker, the mg is guna block its own vision :loco:

Bunker spam is easily counted and its not free on the axis side

HMGs and small arms fire don't fire physical projectiles and as such and suppress without having to shoot over terrain. As I as suggesting in my post b4, ATGs have to fire a physical projectile that can be blocked by shot blockers - Think of red ball express where you cant shoot through the wooded areas and are forced to go down lanes meaning it can be hard to clear especially since it spots for itself.

Bunker spam is easily countered in 1s as you can move away and flank around it and your enemy loses field presence but it becomes a problem in larger formats, even in 2v2s it can be an issue all the way up to mid game as I also stated b4. It can come down to map design normally but most of the times can be bypassed as cover and LOS blockers are destroyed. Early game it can be hard to clear since you can locked down with s-mines meaning you are going to lose models while you clear. all in all mix all of that together and remove the penalty of field presence since its 2v2+ which means you cant push that point till you get a light/med tank that can take the damage.

I shouldn't have to explain this rly, the main problem is that it spots for itself and with that first volley suppress followed by the second volley pin and large AOE suppression means you can get pushed off super ezpz.

I understand its not free, for OST that muni is really important especially since your mid-early game AT is rather limited. OKW it can be easy as your units are rather cohesive with long range volks and close range Strums STGs meaning you have extra munit to spare in either mines or more bunkers.

The problem with the bunker doesn't rly arise -or at lest in my case- til late game when VPs become an essential point and where mortars and other indirect guns have obtained high vet meaning you "bleed like a stuffed pig". Introduce the idea of long range TDs and maybe even a pak43 or a Lefh and you have locked out the allied team.

Im not saying the bunker causes all of that but that late in the game and to have a hard position like that requires more than just a simple sturmpio squad to wipe like what you can do with the fighting position -b/c of its armor value-

I shouldn't have to prove to you people why self spotting emplacements with a long range and suppression is a problem not to mention cheap and effective with 1-2 burst vollyes to hold back an enemy. Not even the bofors or the 17pdr completely self spot.
8 Feb 2018, 20:06 PM

The only thing which is broken about mg bunker is the fact, that mg upgrade increases it sight over the maximum range, allowing mg bunker to spot for itself.

I think it shouldnt get the sight increase with upgrade, so you actually have to spot for it, if you want to use it to its fullest

Otherwise the bunker is completely fine, if you cannot counter it, then its a L2P issue and I recommend you to pay a visit to the State Office
8 Feb 2018, 20:23 PM

The only thing which is broken about mg bunker is the fact, that mg upgrade increases it sight over the maximum range, allowing mg bunker to spot for itself.

I think it shouldnt get the sight increase with upgrade, so you actually have to spot for it, if you want to use it to its fullest

Otherwise the bunker is completely fine, if you cannot counter it, then its a L2P issue and I recommend you to pay a visit to the State Office

same people who said "maxim is fine l2p". I got my answer anyway, the answer is the players of COH2 unlike COH1 are not RTS skilled players they are just kids from Call of Duty who wanted to try a super casual pay to win game and came over here with cheesy tactics that outplays skilled tactics. That is why no one complains about bunker spam. If you had spent one second reading my post you could read in TEAM 3v3 and 4v4 games covered by mortar which means it gives you NO way to counter it because one player spams bunker the other one brings mortar and if you are US then good luck getting resources to unlock your AT gun and even if you do just two mortar shots are enough to kill the AT crew.
8 Feb 2018, 21:01 PM

Ah, so now you provide a bit more crucial information.

So what you're really asking is "how does a USF player handle two players where one spams bunkers and the other covers the position with mortars?"

Get your teammates to help.

You could also use something like a jeep to drive past those bunkers. Soviet clown cars and satchels also help, but since this appears to be a question for USF in a 2v1 situation, I'd say get out of the balance forums and use the state office.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★