Login

russian armor

CoH2 Monitor losing Signal.

3 Feb 2018, 20:59 PM

Hello, I recently bought and installed a Gtx 1080Ti ever since i upgraded to this card from a gtx 760 i have been experiencing a certain issue with CoH2 Exclusively. after around 30minutes of playing Coh2 my monitor loses signal and i am unable to get it back without powering down my pc. Please help
3 Feb 2018, 22:52 PM
Donator 11

Did you try stress testing your pc? Maybe it overheats? Or maybe the new card is unstable?
4 Feb 2018, 01:01 AM

Did you try stress testing your pc? Maybe it overheats? Or maybe the new card is unstable?

I checked my temps and it doesn't seem to be the issue, this problem only appears on Company of heroes 2. I've also tried to re install the game but that didn't work.
4 Feb 2018, 02:22 AM

As the game progresses the graphics demand grows and grows. Specifically burn stains on the ground (splats) and alpha blended texures (smoke, etc).

1) Verify your power supply has enough power. I am guessing like 500 watts or more.
2) Try turning off anti aliasing. The smoke textures are blended and it will drag your GPU to its knees.
3) You could also lower some physics settings in another test in case the physics part of your GPU is the issue.
4 Feb 2018, 10:16 AM
Patrion 14

As the game progresses the graphics demand grows and grows. Specifically burn stains on the ground (splats) and alpha blended texures (smoke, etc).

1) Verify your power supply has enough power. I am guessing like 500 watts or more.

1080 ti's have a minimum recommended power supply of 600 Watts :)
4 Feb 2018, 23:15 PM

1080 ti's have a minimum recommended power supply of 600 Watts :)

Depends on the loads and your actual power delivery.

Through voltage conversation the PSU delivery is actually = ~0.85xGivenWattageValue.

Normally a basic system (depends on how old an which specturm, obviously HEDT takes more) needs ~100-150Watts to run + graphics card power connection.
PCIe = 75 Watts max (if not OCed), 6 Pin = 75Watts, 8Pin = 150 Watts.
Lets say 2x8 pins + PCIe = 375Watts at max load GPU.

Would be around 525Watts needed which should be around 600-650Wattage PSU needed at full load, which is like Crypto mining and CPU rendering at the same time to reach its' peak.

Normally if the power delivery isn't enough it should just turn the PC down.
It sounds like something on your system is unstable.
Did you activate some kind of automatic software overdrive or did you move into your BIOS/UEFI settings and activated some kind of "automatic tweaking"?
5 Feb 2018, 21:56 PM
Patrion 14

Would be around 525Watts needed which should be around 600-650Wattage PSU needed at full load, which is like Crypto mining and CPU rendering at the same time to reach its' peak.

Normally if the power delivery isn't enough it should just turn the PC down.
It sounds like something on your system is unstable.
Did you activate some kind of automatic software overdrive or did you move into your BIOS/UEFI settings and activated some kind of "automatic tweaking"?

-> I hope that's directed to OP? :D
5 Feb 2018, 22:56 PM

-> I hope that's directed to OP? :D

Yep :)

Either unstable OC or generally unstable because of temps as someone said before.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS