Login

russian armor

Does anyone use demo charges anymore?

1 Feb 2018, 22:16 PM

Before the December patch, demo charges (Soviet and UKF) were great for two things.

First, they countered disgusting blobs beautifully. I'm sorry, but centaurs and/or HMGs are often overrun with a big enough blob charging at them. Second, commandos capping behind enemy lines can use demo charges for softening up enemy reinforcements coming to recap the point.

But now, approaching squads ALWAYS destroy demo charges from a distance and go merrily about their way. Anybody have any luck actually killing anything with it (not counting complete amateurs or totally distracted opponents)?

I think the patch mentioned something about making demo-charges less about squad wiping and more about destroying structures, but when is that really necessary? And if so, wouldn't a tank or artillery just be better?
1 Feb 2018, 22:19 PM

I havn't used the trick in particular, but a Bulldozer can create cover which should conceal the demo.
1 Feb 2018, 22:21 PM

I havn't used the trick in particular, but a Bulldozer can create cover which should conceal the demo.

I don't play US, but that's good to know. Very situational though, and a bit of a hack to circumvent the patch.
1 Feb 2018, 22:22 PM
Senior Caster Badge

Demos behind houses still work pretty good
1 Feb 2018, 22:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Feb 2018, 22:22 PMd0ggY
Demos behind houses still work pretty good

If someone enters the house, won't they be able to immediately see it and just bounce?
1 Feb 2018, 22:27 PM
Donator 11

If they dont rotate camera, they wont see it behind the house. Even if they do, once they are in the house it is too late.
2 Feb 2018, 00:41 AM

If someone enters the house, won't they be able to immediately see it and just bounce?

Not if they don't have incredible micro or the camera angle blocks sight to it.
2 Feb 2018, 01:06 AM
Senior Caster Badge

Technically they see it before, only true sight, and then they need to out asap or die.

For Example if you are from north spawn in Kharkov, you place the Demo on the north side of the house, so true sight doesnt reveal it and he still runs into the trap
2 Feb 2018, 02:06 AM

Best use I've found for it is to flank bunkers and blow them up, or to pseudo-trap buildings like others have suggested via true-sight "hiding".

Though that's like maybe three times out of the last 15 or so games.
2 Feb 2018, 05:10 AM

Demo charges, especially at their new price, are in a great place. Instead of being cheesy one-click squadwipers, they have tactical uses like blowing up houses, opening up paths, destroying abandoned team weapons and anything else you don't want to exist on the map. And you can still use them to kill stuff if you put them in the proper place and micro carefully. If anything, it's still a bit too easy to get wipes by putting them behind certain garrisons on some maps.
2 Feb 2018, 06:17 AM

Demo charge blow house
I see miragefla steaming Lose volk in the house by demo
2 Feb 2018, 08:10 AM

Before the December patch, demo charges (Soviet and UKF) were great for two things.

First, they countered disgusting blobs beautifully.

so?
last time they use before patch was to negate someone without sweepers can cap anything / squads can`t move alone anywhere without fear a democharge instant-wipe-noskill-cheese.

it doesnt was used as a counter to blobbs...it was used to cheese BS around and troll every opponent.

2 Feb 2018, 08:52 AM

First, they countered disgusting blobs beautifully.

Maybe at the lower levels, but at compettive level, they were used for one thing 99% of the time: destroying lone sqauds, forcing people to blob around their sweepers.

right now, demo's are a niche and can still be devastating.

I'dd rather remove them enterily, they are not needed by any faction (that includes okw's goliath).
2 Feb 2018, 23:48 PM

A very rarely possible thing is planting them onto someones retreat path.
9 Feb 2018, 00:02 AM

I laugh at Soviets who uses mines in early game instead of demos to kill infantry.
9 Feb 2018, 01:27 AM

A very rarely possible thing is planting them onto someones retreat path.

Use S-mines field then, much easier to use.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★