Login

russian armor

Current squad AI is bad.

30 Jan 2018, 10:34 AM

Wow that was some surprise salt-responses from a unexpected source.
30 Jan 2018, 10:52 AM

I've seen movement reminiscent of the old dancing that guards, shocks, us officers, etc. used to do but on conscripts (haven't seen it on those other squads). It's definitely not just "issuing proper commands" @Mr. Smith. you'll tell them to take cover, and then sometimes they'll rearrange themselves spontaneously after already taking cover.

This. I sometimes cant even put my squad in proper cover. Especially if they are in yellow cover and I want them to get into green cover nearby. They just stand there doing nothing.

One of COH2s weaknesses is how unncessary unprecise, awkward and clumsy unit movement feels and now it´s even worse. Maybe I will try to show this in cheat mode and upload it on youtube.
30 Jan 2018, 13:34 PM

@Zarok

Frank was ensuring that your entire squad is not bunched up on the same spot while you were busy dodging explosives. Unfoetunately, Frank is also preventing squads from entering buildings, which is why he has to go.

You are going to misss Frank.

I wish I could tell frank when he needs to linger and when I want him to run for his life (without retreating).

But atleast I know now why frank does what he does.
30 Jan 2018, 15:16 PM

Don't A-move your squads, and you won't have this issue.

are you gardening kidding me?
30 Jan 2018, 19:16 PM

are you gardening kidding me?

Apparently not.

While this has a lot of reason behind it in Competitive play it has very little such in Team play where you have a lot more units than in most 1v1s and 2v2s.

This again brings up 2 points which I made before:

Do not let competitive people balance the game.

And, if you let such people balance the game then do it by making 2 game modes that are going to be balanced separately as to not fuck with each other, one for competitive 1v1 and 2v2 play, and the other balanced around bigger team and custom/comp stomp gameplay.
30 Jan 2018, 19:40 PM

I think somebody already checked that and confirmed it is just a graphical glitch. The model is still dealing damage normally in that state.

Which is still hilarious as the sole and only reason behind new squad ai was "visually appealing and less robotic infantry fight"

Squad spacing, aka what really matters, has become worse. Add new model visual glitches and such = new dbp squad AI.
30 Jan 2018, 21:16 PM

The one that irks me beyond recognition, and I have no clue if this is new or an existing issue, is when you tell a squad to move away from a thrown grenade but 1-2 models don't move at all, and get killed. In that case it's just ridiculous as you played it correctly but the game's read of your input was very different. I think I get why some people triple-click when moving now.

Side note unrelated to squads, but what's the deal with tanks that are moving suddenly coming to a full stop and bouncing back a bit, then starting to move again?
5 Feb 2018, 13:12 PM

Permanently Banned
With Mr.Smith happen power paradox FeelsBadMan
Thats why , when you try put grens in house thay dance, coz A move blob :).
5 Feb 2018, 17:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jan 2018, 10:59 AMFul4n0

even better, don´t fire COH2 anymore and you will get perfect balance...

you have to be mad or something....I would feel ashamed if I were you after looking at your answers in this forum....

+1
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 34
Germany 813
unknown 7

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %