Login

russian armor

Going from Team of 2 to 1v1.

26 Jan 2018, 16:26 PM

I need tips for soviet 1v1. I have only won 2 of the 14 soviet 1v1 games that i have played and those wins were due to pre-patch lend lease. I have played about 200 team of 2 games; we got to level 10 with the allies. What differences are there in build order, commander choice and capping strategy in 1v1 with the soviets?
26 Jan 2018, 22:07 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Moved to Red Army Strategies
27 Jan 2018, 11:15 AM

Not sure why this has no replies so I will comment to put it back on the main page for you :)

You should watch our lord and saviors stream: VonIvan. Since he is usually the #1 ranked soviet player. And he is cooler than a nitrogen bath. And he also popularized Lend Lease.

Judging from HelpingHans and VonIvan I would guess Guard Motor? Von is all about the T34/85 although many say it does not perform for its cost. And snipers behind Guards is very hard to counter? Cons were buffed, so open with Cons to get map control, work to Penals with sniper. Then Guards and sniper. Then it gets dicey. You may need early AT so an SU76 could be the bet, although they work best in multiples. Commanders with KV1s were also popular last patch. But I am the worst 1v1 player ever so what do I know :foreveralone:
27 Jan 2018, 11:32 AM

I need tips for soviet 1v1. I have only won 2 of the 14 soviet 1v1 games that i have played and those wins were due to pre-patch lend lease. I have played about 200 team of 2 games; we got to level 10 with the allies. What differences are there in build order, commander choice and capping strategy in 1v1 with the soviets?

Hi Bitterestmite,

I know nothing about your playstyle and your game behaviour in general, but I will try to give you some insight into core Soviet strategies. In the future I recommend you to upload a replay in replay reviews, so we will know where exactly are you falling behind and what are you biggest weaknesses so you can improve faster and easier.

Right now there are many Soviet strategies viable (thanks to conscript buff), but I like these 2 the most. Do note that these are not only viable strategies and you might want to stick to another one, because you can execute it better than the others.

1. Shock Frontline Tactics (shocks + IS2 commander) - Urban and closed maps like Arnhem or Kholodny or Angoville.

The Early Game

4x conscripts (to apply pressure try to pick favourable engangements, use environment to you favour and focus on key locations like important garrisons or strategic points/cut offs).

Techs Molotovs or AT nades if needed.

Second engineer squad. Upgrade both with flamethrower and use any remaining munnition to plant mines.

Once you hit 2CP call in single shocktrooper squad. They work very well at flanking duties in urban maps.

The Mid Game

Tech tier 2 into tier 3 and build T70 to increase your pressure even more. Just dont get cocky with it and not lose it.

Later I recommend you to get 2 zis AT guns and a maxim if enemy starts to blob a bit too much.

Try to rush KV8 now, it is a beast and roasts any infantry it encounters. Always keep zis AT guns behind it to avoid unwanted encounters. Use Incendiary barrage in conjuction with KV8 and Shocks to counter Pak walls.

The Late Game

Once you hit 13CP and have enough fuel to acquire IS2, go for it. You should eventually win the game thanks to zis + kv8 + is2 combo. If it is still not enough, try to Adapt a bit.

Shock troops are good against infantry, maxim and katty against blobs and mortar is good against HMGS. If he field a heavy tank, SU85 might come in handy.

2. Snipers + Mechanized Support Tactics (guards + ISU152) - Open maps like Langres or Crossroads or Crossing in the Woods or Minsk Pocket

The Early Game

3x conscripts (to apply pressure try to pick favourable engangements, use environment to you favour and focus on key locations like important garrisons or strategic points/cut offs)

Retreat with engineer to build tier1. Upgrade engineer with flamethrower, acquire M3 "clown car", put engineers inside and roam around, winning important fights thanks to mobile flamethrower.

Plant some mines, and call in guards to handle 222/Luchs. If you need Conscript AT grenades to handle enemy light vehicle, tech them as well. Try to bait his vehicle into a trap.

Get your first Sniper squad and start bleeding him. Always keep sniper protected, so you will not lose it to vehicle rush.

The Mid Game

Build tier 3 and go T70/Su76 (depends on how far ahead you are and if you are rather having problems with his vehicles or infantry). The build Su76 (so you end up with T70+Su76 or 2xSu76).

Once you have manpower build another guard squad and second sniper squad. Always try to have 2 snipers from now. They are bleeding machine once vet.

The Late Game

Get anything you need and apply as much pressure as you can, without everextending yourself.

Requisition ISU-152 and end the match. Mines, Guards, snipers (with their line of sight), conscripts, su76 and HE ISU152 rounds work very well together and unless you neglect your defence, you will eventually defeat your enemy because its a combo thats very hard to counter on open maps.

You may want to tech tier4 once you start floating fuel, to build several T34/76s to protect your flanks. Do not be afraid to use ram ability if you are sure that you can disarm shocked vehicle quickly or when you see that the flanking tank will destroy your ISU 152.

And dont forget to use Mark target ability to quickly burst down any flanking tanks

I have only included core build order and the most important tips about these 2 strategies. If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask :)

Good Luck on the Battlefield Comrade,
Hector
27 Jan 2018, 20:06 PM

From the shoutbox today 1/27/2018:
Stormless: Episode #1 of my Masterclass Series is available to watch on YouTube - first episode is with Luvnest :) Here

Excellent work Stormless and TY Luvnest!

PPSH Cons and Sniper new Meta confirmed :luvCarrot: Although I think if Noggano made PGrens with shreks he would have done much better. PGrens seem to melt base Cons. But PPSH cons vs Shreck Pgrens I can not say. The PGrens could have also rushed the SU76s as well. And of course OST P4s are the worst tank in the game. Stug/Ostwind combo may have faired better. But I think we all agree with Noggano that Soviet snipers are pure cancer and he had enough of their shit by the time the P4s were coming out.
28 Jan 2018, 05:18 AM

Thanks everyone for the replies. I really appreciate the tips.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 24
Peru 10
unknown 7
United States 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %