Login

russian armor

COH Franchise Art Director Ian Guise left relic

25 Jan 2018, 18:33 PM

Sad News.
https://www.linkedin.com/in/ian-guise-3217633/

He is art directing and supervising environments for many years at relic for COH series.:hansGG:
25 Jan 2018, 23:32 PM

CoH2 is over-saturated anyway. Art direction isn't what made CoH good.
26 Jan 2018, 14:55 PM
Donator 11

Relic is loosing a lot of key people and its making me worry that we might have a bigger problem outside of just management issues.
26 Jan 2018, 16:24 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

Maybe he is the guy who leaked how it is to work at Relic to the public
26 Jan 2018, 19:20 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

Maybe he is the guy who leaked how it is to work at Relic to the public

After grabbing a cup of coffee together he voluntarily decided he would fit somewhere else better:clap:
26 Jan 2018, 19:46 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

After grabbing a cup of coffee together he voluntarily decided he would fit somewhere else better:clap:

In most cases this is actually a good scenario. I have seen worse firings :P
27 Jan 2018, 14:43 PM

CoH2 and DoW3 have very oddly cartoonish graphics anyhow, I hope that didn't infect AoE4 as well.

Nothing personal, but I just preferred CoH's more realistic, grim and dark graphics than the cartoonish robots shooting each other in CoH2.
27 Jan 2018, 14:45 PM

A.Solider finally speaks the truth for once.
not only the graphics are problematic in coh2, but also the voice acting which is way better and authentic in coh1.
27 Jan 2018, 15:47 PM
Donator 22

well after 13y at relic, why not move on? I would not read anything from that.
27 Jan 2018, 16:14 PM

A lot of people say COH1 looks better than COH2. Can someone do a side by side comparison of what they are talking about? To my eyes the textures are just higher resolution in COH2. Like they are the same textures from COH1 just the original high rez versions. Not the dumbed down ones that will fit in older GPU memory.
27 Jan 2018, 17:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jan 2018, 16:14 PMRosbone
A lot of people say COH1 looks better than COH2. Can someone do a side by side comparison of what they are talking about? To my eyes the textures are just higher resolution in COH2. Like they are the same textures from COH1 just the original high rez versions. Not the dumbed down ones that will fit in older GPU memory.

IMO it has something to do with modeled assets. There's debris and objects that aren't in CoH2 that are in CoH1. And there's not a lot in CoH2 that isn't in CoH1, mostly snowy and frosted versions. A lot of the textures and objects are the exact same, though.

But for me, CoH1 DOES look better because I can play it on its max settings with no problems. My ingame CoH2 has to be on low settings or it grinds down before I can restart after one game.

So I've always chalked the assertion that CoH1 looks better to be rooted in CoH2's state of optimization.
27 Jan 2018, 19:53 PM
Developer Relic Badge

A.Solider finally speaks the truth for once.
not only the graphics are problematic in coh2, but also the voice acting which is way better and authentic in coh1.

For voice-acting, CoH 1 is FAR more stereotypical given how the US pretty much say lines you'd expect in Hollywood and the German had more than a few mustache twirling villains in their base roster before OF came out. It's not really better voice-acting and more of a different style and script in use.

But I hope Ian Guise the best in his search!
28 Jan 2018, 07:48 AM

For voice-acting, CoH 1 is FAR more stereotypical given how the US pretty much say lines you'd expect in Hollywood and the German had more than a few mustache twirling villains in their base roster before OF came out. It's not really better voice-acting and more of a different style and script in use.

well, i can only speak about the german voiceacting which is way superior to the one in coh2..
28 Jan 2018, 08:02 AM

CoH2 and DoW3 have very oddly cartoonish graphics anyhow, I hope that didn't infect AoE4 as well.

Nothing personal, but I just preferred CoH's more realistic, grim and dark graphics than the cartoonish robots shooting each other in CoH2.

Ok, I just replayed COH1 two months ago and I really feel like there's quite a bit of rose tinted glasses going on here (what with people saying CoH1 had better graphics, better VActing, a great campaign).

Regarding graphics, I would say the game has more of a stylized cartoony look than CoH2. The UI, Doctrine Screen, the color choice for the VPs and such look more stylized. The faces on the models look a bit more cartoon like.

Also CoH1 has this washed out grey-ish overlay look to it whereas CoH2 makes me think of yellow brown hues (which probably fits the Eastern Front).

So I would say CoH1 looks more like Saving Private Ryan while CoH2 looks more like one of those huge epic Eastern Front paintings: http://i.imgur.com/kDyi0Vo.jpg

But I hope Ian Guise the best in his search!

Yeah, even though one user meant the German cast's voice acting, other people think the (English) voice acting in CoH2 is worse than CoH1. And I dont get the hate towards the Russian voices. I dunno, I lived with Russian students at school and I gotta admit, from my experience I find Hollywood Russian accents more charismatic and appealing than the irl accents. Again, maybe I've been unlucky in real life but either way I don't see why people seem really annoyed by the Russian accents. They sound pretty dire and likable.

I dont get the goofy voice acting criticisms. The Americans in Coh1 were really stereotypical.
28 Jan 2018, 08:49 AM
Donator 11

vCoH is the most cartoonish ww2 game I have ever played. I can't see how you can think coh2 has more of that style. I mean yeah, wfa and especially brits were return to the cartoon, but vCoH2 is the most serious element of the franchise.
5 Feb 2018, 06:40 AM

Russian accents?Sound pretty right to me.I mean how much more "Russian" do they had to be?Should they be noisy,and with a deep voice saying "Hello comrade!Where are going to die today?"

With that being said COH1 do had some more better "quotes" line like
The Tiger Age Crew
The Announcer for American,and Wehrmacht,but as for the voice in COH2 itself it is good,would better if they got a few good line from COH1 there.

As for the graphic COH1 had the more cartoony look,and more funny model like WHITE PAJAMA german,but they do got 1 better model then COH2 and that is StormTrooper.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 31
Mexico 26
unknown 15
Germany 569
New Zealand 20
United States 2
Peru 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias