Login

russian armor

Bunch of USF Questions

18 Jan 2018, 03:45 AM

1. Is the M1919A6 vastly superior at longer ranges compared to the close-medium ranged M1918A2 BAR? Is it worth the extra ten munitions to get over the M1918A2 BAR?

2. Does the Pathfinder "Be Quick or Be Dead!" bulletin (Pathfinder rifles cooldown 5% faster between shots) only affect the Airborne Company's Pathfinders, or does it also affect the Recon Support Company's I&R Pathfinders?

3. Does the Riflemen "Live and Learn" bulletin (Riflemen gain veterancy 10% faster) affect Captains/Lieutenants as there are Riflemen squad members? Do other Riflemen bulletins (accuracy etc.) also affect Captains/Lieutenants? Also, are Captains/Lieutenants actually better than Riflemen at fighting (other than spawning with a M1918A2 BAR for the Lieutenant)?

4. Is it viable (in terms of upkeep cost) to replace my Riflemen with Rangers armed with Thompson submachine guns entirely? What is the difference in the manpower upkeep for a Ranger squad and Riflemen squad?

5. Is spamming Rear Echelon Troops (and using them to replace Riflemen) viable (in a combat sense) if I arm them with M1919A6s and M1918A2 BARs? How do they compare to Riflemen while armed with said weapons? Would it be better to arm them with a flamethrower over a M1919A6 or M1918A2 BAR? What is the manpower upkeep for a squad of Rear Echelon Troops?

6. What are the differences between the M4A3E8 "Easy Eight" medium tank and the M4A3(76)W medium tank?

7. Does the M26 Pershing heavy tank have better stats than a Panzerkampfwagen VI Tiger heavy tank like it should realistically? If so, how does it compare to the Tiger Ace?

8. How do I deal with blobs of Sturmpioneers/Volksgrenadiers as USF? The only rocket artillery is tied to a company commander and comes fairly late, and I usually skip the Lieutenant (so I can't get a M2 Browning .50 Cal) to get a Captain and rush for two to four M36 Jacksons (and use the Captain to "Supervise" the Battalion Command Post to make them spawn faster) to counter the much heavier German armor. Should I just waste resources on a Lieutenant just so I can get a HMG?
18 Jan 2018, 04:21 AM

Answer some question
1 worth because long accuracy better than LMG42 (LMG42 Rate of fire is best)
3 Err small effect by LT Capt Major get Share vet Form unit nearby normally
4 Ranger get more Reforce cost than Riflemen
6 E8 get better Moving accuracy 0.75 than normal 76W (0.5) and higher armor
7 same armor value (300) Lower HP than tiger but Better mobility
8 back tech to LT get .50cal or Bar blob back
18 Jan 2018, 08:50 AM

8. How do I deal with blobs of Sturmpioneers/Volksgrenadiers as USF? The only rocket artillery is tied to a company commander and comes fairly late, and I usually skip the Lieutenant (so I can't get a M2 Browning .50 Cal) to get a Captain and rush for two to four M36 Jacksons (and use the Captain to "Supervise" the Battalion Command Post to make them spawn faster) to counter the much heavier German armor. Should I just waste resources on a Lieutenant just so I can get a HMG?

my strat: triple or quad rifles into LT and then straight into Capt to get AT.
it usually works well.
but dont tell anyone
18 Jan 2018, 16:59 PM

snip

1. Depends on playstyle. The LMG does pretty insane long range damage (8 dps?) but can only be fired stationary. While the Bar does some alright long range damage (3 dps?) but can be fired on the move, is very dangerous close range, and you can have two of them compared to one lmg. Both upgrades do more damage then Garandes.

2. Bulletins like that are sadly very negligible in the grand scheme of things. If I recall, Accuracy > Reload > cooldown as far as importance. Some Bulletins are outright better then others. (USF veterancy and grenade range come to mind). It should effect both though.

3. The answer is no because I think they are Captain_Riflemen. The captain can get a bulletin to increase his squads veterency so I think they are in fact different bulletin wise. As far as effiency without the bar they are 4 Garande and 1 Thompson. The Thompson is very dangerous up close or mid range, so therefore a Captain or LT is a better version of a rifle squad (combat wise).

4. Rangers cost a lot of MP to call out and maintain. I believe 380 MP? Then I think it's like a 35 MP reinforce cost? If it's super late in the game it can be worth it. The problem with rangers is that they take a long time to start paying themselves off. After gaining some veterancy they begin to outshine most squads. There is no reason to not get their Thompsons. My personal opinion is you want 1 squad of them if you do use them, but if you want more go for it.

5. Actually it can be, because Rear Echelons have pretty good accuracy bonuses for their veterency that buffs the damage of the fancy weapons. Thing is their reinforce cost is like, 26 MP? Whereas riflemen are 28MP to reinforce but are more hardier. Riflemen scale really well is all. If you go for a mechanized strat Echelons can both fight and repair vehicles fast so it's not all that bad of an idea imo.

6. The E8 has more health and a better main gun then a regular sherman. The M4C fires incredibly fast with a pretty good main gun. Most people find fire rate to be better but it's preference.

7. Pershing has the armor and health of a panther, but more lethality then a tiger tank. So basically a squisher/more lethal tiger tank.

8. This one is a bit more complicated. Riflemen with upgraded weapons (Double Bars, LMG's) should beat Volks. But things are random so we'll talk about ways to counter it as USF and common build orders.
A. Some people go 3 rifle into LT, Ambo for the free Bar and MG that can put the hurt on OKW. Though you are very vulnerable to light vehicles.
B. Some people go Quad Rifles, Ambo, into Captain for a safe build.
C. Here are the things that "counter" infantry as USF: Double Bars, LMG's, MG's, Sherman M4C or E8, Vanilla Sherman with HE rounds, Mortar Carriage, Rangers/Paratroopers, Calliope.
18 Jan 2018, 17:22 PM

5. i've used re's in 1v1 and at the end of a game they're better IMO. cost efficiency is amazing, cause re's are cheap and their reinforce cost aswel, they also get a 5th man wich makes it even better. re's aren't much without bars or flamers or m19's but give them one and get them to vet3 and they'll surprise you!
BUT you have to get them trough the early game wich kinda is a big weakspot for the re's or the re strat.
in early game they kinda can't win any engagement :/ but making 5-6 will hopefully get you through early game. i think you want to 2v1 every battle and try to win ofc. after you got your bars you're pretty safe and then you can start thinking about tanks and such. i've tried to get like an m20 out or something that suports your inf to get the trough the early game. i didn't have much succes with the re's and therefor stopped trying, but i might try it again.

-hamsterfreak Kappa

18 Jan 2018, 18:21 PM

1. Depends on playstyle. The LMG does pretty insane long range damage (8 dps?) but can only be fired stationary. While the Bar does some alright long range damage (3 dps?) but can be fired on the move, is very dangerous close range, and you can have two of them compared to one lmg. Both upgrades do more damage then Garandes.

2. Bulletins like that are sadly very negligible in the grand scheme of things. If I recall, Accuracy > Reload > cooldown as far as importance. Some Bulletins are outright better then others. (USF veterancy and grenade range come to mind). It should effect both though.

3. The answer is no because I think they are Captain_Riflemen. The captain can get a bulletin to increase his squads veterency so I think they are in fact different bulletin wise. As far as effiency without the bar they are 4 Garande and 1 Thompson. The Thompson is very dangerous up close or mid range, so therefore a Captain or LT is a better version of a rifle squad (combat wise).

4. Rangers cost a lot of MP to call out and maintain. I believe 380 MP? Then I think it's like a 35 MP reinforce cost? If it's super late in the game it can be worth it. The problem with rangers is that they take a long time to start paying themselves off. After gaining some veterancy they begin to outshine most squads. There is no reason to not get their Thompsons. My personal opinion is you want 1 squad of them if you do use them, but if you want more go for it.

1. What is the close range damage of the M1919A6 and the M1918A2 BAR, or is the M1919A6's close damage the same as the long range damage?

2. What would be better for a M1919A6/M1918A2 BAR armed Riflemen squad to have "Live and Learn" (Riflemen gain veterancy 10% faster) or "Recruit Training: Infantry" (Riflemen have 3% increased accuracy)?

4. Are there any bulletins that are available for Ranger squads at the moment that just aren't displayed in the store?

Can M36 Jacksons reliably penetrate Königstigers, Jagdtigers and Elephants with the "General Jackson" (M36 Jacksons have 4% increased armor penetration) bulletin, without HVAP? Does "General Jackson" also affect HVAP? Does "General Jackson" have much of an impact on the armor penetrating capabilities of the M36 Jackson? What are the best M36 Jackson bulletins: "General Jackson," "Clear Skies" (M36 Tank Destroyers gain 5% increased sight range and 4% increased speed), "Shell Rush" (M36 Tank Destroyers have 5% faster weapon reload)?
18 Jan 2018, 18:43 PM

1)DPS range 0/10/20/30
riflemen_30cal_lmg_mp----------------------6.14/7.29/8.27/9.02
riflemen_bar_30_06_light_machine_gun_mp---13.98/10.46/6.97/5.17

2)-3) For bulletin info check here:
https://coh2db.com/bulletins/index

4) Pop reinforcement cost can be found here although it is not updated to current patch (does not affect rangers/riflemen):
http://www.stat.coh2.hu/usa.php

No riflemen means no AT snare.

5) RE are actually better with weapons (at least at low vet) since they get a bonus accuracy at vet 1 and the weapon help them in their vet ability.

---Rest later have to go.
18 Jan 2018, 18:51 PM

snip2

1. Close range damage of the LMG I believe is 6, so it eventually goes down by 2.7(I looked it up, LMG is 8.7 long range). So basically it's good at all ranges but at Max range when guns do piddly damage it reigns supreme. On the flipside being close range just means it's not doing crazy damage, just average. The Bar at close range can go up go up to 13 dps. Closer you get, the more damage it can do.

2. Both are pretty sweet actually. Accuracy is a straight up dps buff per percentage. I say the veterancy one is borderline OP and is taken every game.

4. I don't think there are, rangers were a rather late addition to USF so they didn't plan around it. They also seemed to sidestep giving elite infantry combat bulletins anyways (Paratroopers can only cap faster).

5. Basically tanks have a "chance" of penetrating other tanks based on the armor pen value and the armor value of the tank. For instance if your enemy tank has 200 armor, and you have 200 armor pen, you will pen every shot. If your enemy tank has 220 armor and your tank as 200 armor pen, you have a 91% chance of penetrating (Formula is ArmorPen/Armor). So having that would technically increase your chances by a very small percentage, which is like rolling a critical strike sometimes. Reload would mean it can fire a bit faster. HVAP rounds are your best bet but I'd only really use them if I intend to kill my target, if not I am just wasting munitions to scare their tank away. Jackson has high pen on it's own and is USF's best bet against heavy tanks, your AT guns will mostly plink against anything heavier then a panzer 4. I think the % pen bullet stacks with HVAP? I'd say reload or % pen are best for a jackson.

You can download this file and view it in your web browser. Cruz made a DPS chart of pre DBP weapons. It may be slightly out of date but it'll give you a rough idea of DPS roles.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7gwy65JLbSRMEJ3M2ZPandMMW8/view?usp=sharing

To view (a more outdated but still relevant) other stats, there's http://www.stat.coh2.hu/ which can provide easier to see armor values and pen values.
18 Jan 2018, 20:10 PM

Uhm the Pershing was meant to counter the Panther, not the Tiger so yeah... It shouldn't be compared as a 1:1 to the Tiger since it's not.

It's less armored, faster and has a better gun than the Tiger tho, or at least on paper.
20 Jan 2018, 22:21 PM

Pershing is a beast. Once you get it vet 3, it can solo the enemy team in 1v1.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★