Login

russian armor

New Fallschirmjaegers better or worse?

16 Jan 2018, 12:05 PM

So having taken a break for 6-ish months I am trying to get back into the game (not doing very well so far).

I see that Fallschirmjaegers now parachute in (way slower than I expected) and cost less. Are people using them less now? I guess it's good that they can parachute anywhere now so no risk of targeting an occupied building by mistake, but can the plane that transports them be shot down by AA?

Also, any reason for the nerf to Airborne Assault? I didn't think it was that good before.
16 Jan 2018, 12:45 PM

I haven't seen them that often to be honest and I haven't used them much myself either. The fact that they now parachute in, makes them even more squishy than they were before. They can get butchered when parachuting down and not being instantly ready to fight since they need to get themselves ready. They are still the squishy 4 men squad that can easily get insta gibbed by any aoe weaponry, especially tanks. To add to this, they now die if they collide with obstacles when you call them in like paratroopers do.

In my honest opinion, they are simply a shining example of why this game doesn't hold true to its own design choices. OKW is supposed to be a late war faction, fuel starved and supposed to have less equipment that is more powerful. Yet here comes the Luftwaffe to drop in 4 guys behind enemy lines when the tanks have barely any fuel left.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS