Login

russian armor

Give Assault Grenadiers Faust

17 Jan 2018, 16:34 PM

I personally think that Agrens should still come in CP 0. Maybe make them on CD, but it refreshes just fast enough for it to join the MG shortly after? If they are buffed of course.

Thing is when I look at the commander, the idea is to make Ostheer more offensive and attempt to shut the game out ASAP (similar to Rifle Company). When I used them I would bank on the fact I shut out my opponent, compliment it with double 222's, and keep pressuring going (aka light mechanized). It usually worked but it's a thin line you ride. If you go even you just straight up lose because

A. You have no faust
B. You have no scaling
C. You spent your fuel on double 222's

I think it makes Ostheer different to play and they should come in at 0 CP like Ostruppen. I see no reason they shouldn't be a choice of mainline infantry just like them. I mean in a perfect scenario we'd have Ostheer have three choices of mainline infantry. Ostruppen, Agrens, Grens.

Imo fix StugE (make it come in sooner), Make the halftrack cheaper/come without Pgrens, then the commander would emphasize rushing strategies and spending your fuel early to seal the game.

The main problem with Agrens and why I feel iffy about using them now is
A. Penals + Scout car can completely counter your early game aggression.
B. Riflemen are rather hard to beat close range(I mean that's their point right?).
C. Universal Carrier is very dangerous against Agrens.

All these match ups would drastically improve with the addition of a faust. It means Agrens can then be used to body guard the MG which could deal with the light vehicles.
17 Jan 2018, 19:28 PM

The whole doctrine needs a reasonable rework in my opinion. Do note this is my opinion, and little more.

- Assgrens are extremely mediocre in the most optimum conditions where they can get the drop on enemy infantry, and even then its a dice roll on who takes the most casualties. Giving them more versatility much like assvolksgrens with smoke grenades and a accuracy buff at close range(though remaining lower than better CQB infantry like shocks and rangers) would be a fine basis of improvement.

- The SDkfz 250 halftrack with panzergrenadiers is kind of pointless, really. it costs so much to have a halftrack that has no real use when the midgame starts(unless you want to keep microing a taxi) and doesn't scale well into the lategame as it has no vet or other worthwile abilities. You're much better off getting a 222(lol) or a 251 for all those recources.

Replacing it with the puma(as stated in Jagd wolfë's comment) would actually be pretty interesting. If that won't happen, atleast give it some worthwile ability(F.E. local maphack like kubel, or nondoc smoke dispensers).

- Stug E? I don't even need to bother to explain what that is.

- Light arty barrage tickles anything but clumped up infantry and minor emplacements. Dunno how to change this though, perhaps make its barrage extended so as to act as area denial for half a minute(like sector artillery, but not limited to sectors) or so? I'm not sure.

- Tiger doesn't need much explanation, and people can talk about it in another thread.
17 Jan 2018, 21:00 PM

I certainly Agree with some of the recent points, Assault grenadiers in addition to the Halftrack and Stug E, should allow for a more aggressive or at least different playstyle for Ostheer in the first 10-12 minutes.

I think the Light artillery barrage and Tiger aren't that important as you can get them in many other doctrines and they won't change your playstyle or strategy that much compared to the other 3 abilities.

For Keeping Grens at 0 CPs it seems concensus they need at least 1 new ability.

Halftrack needs to be cheaper no matter what direction change it takes.

Stug E isn't very good since its gun changes(nerfing the reload to oblivion, making it useless vs tanks and giving it a slow projectile), mabye a good model to look at is the Command p4 that seems to fill the role of AI tank pretty well. Alternatively it could be more like the brumbar which actually hits infantry(idk if AOE or scatter buffs are more important) and does damage consistently. Mabye adding an MG would help.

The Stug E and the Puma are basically 2 vehicles that fit in the tier 2.5 that Ostheer wishes it had for mid game support so it would be nice if the Stug E was a little more impactful.
18 Jan 2018, 18:53 PM

lol assault grens with faust would just be so lol. Whats the point of making regular grens if you do this?

Give them shrek upgrade while youre at it. MVGame.
18 Jan 2018, 19:02 PM

lol assault grens with faust would just be so lol. Whats the point of making regular grens if you do this?

Give them shrek upgrade while youre at it. MVGame.

Grens are a very good jack of all trades unit. Able to be kitted for close or long range. They also have a long range grenade.

You'd get the choice of
Gren: Jack of all trades, reliable unit
Ostruppen: Cheap, inexpensive, good at capping/spongeing and reinforcing crew weapons.
Agrens: Good at pressuring/protecting MG's from flanks.
19 Jan 2018, 08:22 AM

the problem with ass gren is their lack of upgrade. It's extremely difficult to make an infantry unit balanced in both early and late game without having some kind of upgrade.

They should get a SMG upgrade in the form of captured PPSH41. They were captured in large quality
19 Jan 2018, 08:31 AM

the problem with ass gren is their lack of upgrade. It's extremely difficult to make an infantry unit balanced in both early and late game without having some kind of upgrade.

They should get a SMG upgrade in the form of captured PPSH41. They were captured in large quality

this is what they need, somekind of upgrade, simular to this new osttruppen mg 42, tier dependent upgrade that allows them to scale late game.
19 Jan 2018, 14:59 PM

Why? dude? Really ., you just need Assault granadiers with assault granades, Panzerfaust, and Sprint ability?

What more? Beam Phasers?, Jetpack ? Teleporter?

They already have a big bunch of abilities that do them a very Nasty unit. you Just need to learn how to use it properly., And about the lack of Panzerfaust at early game i just buy 2 Standard granadiers to anti light tank/vehlicle cover purposes and support my assault granadiers., to make them viable all the whole just need to use properly Smoke from the mortars and then can be deadly., Against any Longrange/support squad.

Unit Don´t (s)

-Dont use it Vs more expensive CQB dedicated units ( ranges w/Thompson - Shock troopers,ETC).( you need the double of Ass grens to get them dead).
-Dont run to MGs Pointing you (i see this in a lot of moments). USE SMOKE BARRAGES.

About the light AT lack from Wehrmacht can be easily solved adding something like the PAK36 to the Starting base, this thing just can penetrate things like T70 / AEC / Stuart about but get in trouble against any medium tank To make them Scale in late game they can use as ability the launch of a Stielgranate.

" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stielgranate_41 "

if you like to add something to assault granadiers really useful for his Especiality can be a SMOKE granade That could be really deadly for the function or for Anti tank matters can be Light mines
Maybe a cost reduction to 240 MP because they are effective only in VERY CLOSE quarters.

Faust is gamebroken., and wehrmacht dont have "Jack of all tardes" they have units designed for special task Mixing units are the way that can punch through.

19 Jan 2018, 15:29 PM

Smoke grenades for assault grens isn't a bad idea. They'd be like firestorm volks and shocks, which seems appropriate.

Assault grenadiers if they ever were to get faust should at least require t1 be built and probably an additional reqiirement like vet1, like riflemen at rifle nades.
19 Jan 2018, 16:16 PM

Amazing. 55% of current voters think Ass Grens are fine right now.

It never ceases to amaze me how incredibly biased and unreasonable people in the COH2 community can be.

I say 2 things. 1st: met team where all 4 members went assgrens. My team didn't think at that moment they are UP. 2nd: in another game in Lienne's forest zone I couldn't even set up vickers anywhere because right in that moment every time assgrens sprinted out of bushes. If you gonna say that in my case it's l2p issue why I can't say the same to you?..
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★