Login

russian armor

Opinion on Ostheer Panther in new patch (1v1)

18 Jan 2018, 12:55 PM

I think for simplicities sake we should just have the Panther mirror the other late game TD's, slow turret, slow reload/RoF, high accuracy, high pen. The added benefit the panther has over these other TD's for its increased cost is generally having a butt-ton more armor than the rest of them, and the ability to blitz which increased RoF. They shouldn't touch a panthers AI.

Perhaps if it takes on a sole TD role the price can be adjusted a bit. But I'd be very careful. The panther used to dominate in the tank game, but those days are definitely behind us.
18 Jan 2018, 13:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jan 2018, 12:55 PMKharn
I think for simplicities sake we should just have the Panther mirror the other late game TD's, slow turret, slow reload/RoF, high accuracy, high pen. The added benefit the panther has over these other TD's for its increased cost is generally having a butt-ton more armor than the rest of them, and the ability to blitz which increased RoF. They shouldn't touch a panthers AI.

Perhaps if it takes on a sole TD role the price can be adjusted a bit. But I'd be very careful. The panther used to dominate in the tank game, but those days are definitely behind us.

No point in that, axis have turretless TD for suck roles.
I agree that panther should get the 200, high pen, low rof damage model, but it shouldn't become another tank sniper that would most probably make stug and jagdpanzer redundant.
The most reasonable change would be designing such 200 damage TD in a way it complement those TD.
Reduced armor (270-290) and range to Heavy tank (45) for more accuracy and on the move accuracy (0.75) would make it similar to an armored m10 expensive and with better durability and damage.

That's the only way to make panther balanced. Any rework that will make panther perform in the intended long range TD work will either make TD redundant as Panther will be just better or panther too bad to be used

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★