Login

russian armor

1-2 sec lag after the last server maintenance

• This thread is locked
PAGES (5)down
12 Jan 2018, 10:12 AM

Permanently Banned
I like this hypocrits, when we have same problem (Kpen, me, Brosras (half of his clan), another users that write it in shitbox), people ignore it (and relic at official forum, i ask you guys support thread at relic forum with this deley and lag, thanks for help), but now, when its have some people from ORG stuff, its a problem OpieOP. Your egoism is not the limit, i vote dont need fix it, plays like we few month with deley.
Who can me explaine, why price of thread simple user like me, cost 0 attention, but somthing change, when its make Relic "friend" ? I always think that its are only here, in East Europe, but like i see here, you are even more in deep then we, selfishness, indifference, this is attributes of our community.
12 Jan 2018, 12:02 PM

I like this hypocrits, when we have same problem (Kpen, me, Brosras (half of his clan), another users that write it in shitbox), people ignore it (and relic at official forum, i ask you guys support thread at relic forum with this deley and lag, thanks for help), but now, when its have some people from ORG stuff, its a problem OpieOP. Your egoism is not the limit, i vote dont need fix it, plays like we few month with deley.
Who can me explaine, why price of thread simple user like me, cost 0 attention, but somthing change, when its make Relic "friend" ? I always think that its are only here, in East Europe, but like i see here, you are even more in deep then we, selfishness, indifference, this is attributes of our community.

You've missed the point.

The servers are hosted by Amazon in NY, you're response time depends on your connection, distance and some other factors from the servers.

For example; If you have always gotten 200MS to the Relic servers (which sucks) but it suddenly increases to say 300ms, then something has broken or regressed.

Some people will always experience some delay and there is likely nothing Relic can do about with the current servers.
12 Jan 2018, 12:55 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jan 2018, 12:02 PMwuff

You've missed the point.

The servers are hosted by Amazon in NY, you're response time depends on your connection, distance and some other factors from the servers.

For example; If you have always gotten 200MS to the Relic servers (which sucks) but it suddenly increases to say 300ms, then something has broken or regressed.

Some people will always experience some delay and there is likely nothing Relic can do about with the current servers.

Yes, it depends, many times i have this duaring 4 years, coz sometimes internet was bad, somthing was with servers. But this new deley are stable from autumn. Before write here, i test it in friend PC (that are better and have better internet and same thing on his PC).
Why i dont have same problem in another online games ?
12 Jan 2018, 13:43 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

I notice this week that there is no ping value from celo. Certain it was fine over holidays.

Anyone else notice this, or is my CELO just gone retard.

Explain pls
12 Jan 2018, 15:06 PM

Yes, it depends, many times i have this duaring 4 years, coz sometimes internet was bad, somthing was with servers. But this new deley are stable from autumn. Before write here, i test it in friend PC (that are better and have better internet and same thing on his PC).
Why i dont have same problem in another online games ?

I just wanted to address your question about why no appeared to care when yourself and others have experienced lag.

If you own CS:GO load it up and join a east coast US server, see how you and your friend ping to that, then ping the battle-servers and see if there is any difference. I can tell you I get roughly 80-110ms, the same I ping to the Relic battle-servers,

12 Jan 2018, 15:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jan 2018, 15:06 PMwuff

I just wanted to address your question about why no appeared to care when yourself and others have experienced lag.

If you own CS:GO load it up and join a east coast US server, see how you and your friend ping to that, then ping the battle-servers and see if there is any difference. I can tell you I get roughly 80-110ms, the same I ping to the Relic battle-servers,

80-110 is IMO okay for an RTS game like CoH2. Quick reaction games like LoL or CS are unplayable with such a latency.
I also noticed in the last days that it takes about 1-1.5 seconds in order to react which is crucial when dodging nates or retreating. This is weird as CoH2 has always been the game to play for me while downloading stuff as it didn't need a very fast connection at all.
But even when downloading on full speed, a reaction of 0,5-0,7 seconds was the worst experience I faced.
12 Jan 2018, 15:55 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

80-110 is IMO okay for an RTS game like CoH2. Quick reaction games like LoL or CS are unplayable with such a latency.
I also noticed in the last days that it takes about 1-1.5 seconds in order to react which is crucial when dodging nates or retreating. This is weird as CoH2 has always been the game to play for me while downloading stuff as it didn't need a very fast connection at all.
But even when downloading on full speed, a reaction of 0,5-0,7 seconds was the worst experience I faced.

Yeah it is the first time for me as well with this 1-2 sec lag almost every game. So something happend in the last server maintenance
12 Jan 2018, 19:36 PM

Today it was at its worst for me. I only barely noticed it yesterday for the first time, but today every game I got had it occur a couple times a minute. Lost 2 squads to rifle-nades in a bad stretch of it and just quit to desktop in frustration.
12 Jan 2018, 20:15 PM

I think the OP was talking about input lag when issuing commands, not simple network lag. Pretty common issue which appeared around 3 months ago and make granades undodgable, not retreating infantry more risky, microing vehicles with broken pathfinding very frustrating. Overall makes the game unplayable.
12 Jan 2018, 20:24 PM
Senior Referee Badge

Lol, i dont have the freezes anymore, just little stutters now. Just like everyone else :snfPeter:
12 Jan 2018, 20:48 PM
Benefactor 115

horrible amount of stutters, game is unplayable at the moment
12 Jan 2018, 21:03 PM
Senior Caster Badge
Patrion 39

I might be getting the delay but I am definitely getting the stutters
12 Jan 2018, 21:04 PM

I didnt get the delay and stutters right after server maintenance but right now it´s very bad. Sometimes ok for a few minutes. Then 1-2secs delay and stutters. Something´s definitly wrong.
12 Jan 2018, 21:10 PM

I for one have not noticed a delay (West Coast location btw)
12 Jan 2018, 21:14 PM

Yep, the game is unplayable for me. I meassured the command latency in a regular 2v2 now and it's about 1.5 seconds. Also constant hick-ups, general lag and a poor experience overall... also can't see ping in CELO.
12 Jan 2018, 21:15 PM

I noticed a slight 1, sometimes 2 second delay recently.
12 Jan 2018, 21:27 PM
Donator 11

Had this today, if you issue 3 commands , its stops after the first or skips towards the 3rd.Unbearable...
12 Jan 2018, 21:37 PM
Donator 11

yes. lags. selection and movement are laggy.
1 of 3 Relic postsRelic 13 Jan 2018, 00:25 AM
Developer Relic Badge

Hey everyone,

We're sorry to hear so many folks are having issues.

Our server team are looking into the issue atm.

They would like to analyze the server data from specific users who have been experiencing these problems and see if that provides any additional insights.

If you are willing to send an email to info@relic.com with your Steam 64 ID that may help us identify the issue faster.

More on how to find your steam 64 ID here.

https://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/1/364039785160857002/

Thanks guys
13 Jan 2018, 02:17 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jan 2018, 16:34 PMMittens
Probably due to the security issue in Intel with the "meltdown" fix. Nukes Server CPU performance by 30% with the supposed fix.

Unless you guys changed something lol :snfPeter::snfPeter::romeoMug:

Well, the 30% claim was very much an 'up to' heavily depending on workload type, but you may be on to something. Given how poorly this game seems to utilise CPUs, I certainly wouldn't expect such patches to improve the situation.
PAGES (5)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 67
unknown 20
Germany 16

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %