Login

russian armor

What is the weakness from Jackson?

PAGES (13)down
17 Jan 2018, 12:49 PM

One or two well placed minefields is affordable and can make a big difference vs USA spam. Its best to place them defensivley where its hard work for detectors to clear them (appart from retreat paths which is a cheeky one, need good timming though).

Even if he did see the sign, they still help win engagements by defending an MGs flank etc. Once you know hes seen it, just send somthing to see off any engies that come.

Honestly, I rarely see axis players use mines in a lot of my 2v2 games. Mines become even less used the higher up you get...

But when they do use mines, it's like a mind fuck because of how good they are and how I wasn't expecting it at all.

People always refer to OST as fuel starved, or munition starved factions. I don't see how, you upgrade LMG's on your grens, which Soviets can't do w/ Cons, but they're busy spending 20 munitions to Hoorah, and 15 to molotov, everytime... do that twice and you already covered the cost of a single LMG for a Gren.

Putting MG's on all your tanks isn't exactly something you need to do right away, you can always lay mines instead. Maybe I'm too old school, it's been like 2000hrs and years but I can remember needing to use mines to win engagements properly. To stop blitzing tanks from just rushing in and rushing out, or being flanked. Mines just became another natural tool in my arsenal, and I use them with as much effect as OST/OKW as I do w/ the Soviets.
17 Jan 2018, 12:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jan 2018, 12:49 PMKharn

Honestly, I rarely see axis players use mines in a lot of my 2v2 games. Mines become even less used the higher up you get...

Well for OKW there is no excuse, since they are fairly cheap. For Ostheer, constantly putting out 60 munitions for a single purpose teller mine is quite expensive at some points in the game. However, there is no excuse to not spam s-mines. You can spam them in 1/4 of the large fields as well, reducing cost quite effectively.
17 Jan 2018, 13:12 PM

S mines win games, they are honestly so good and should not be overlooked.

You can place them on some of his flanking routes, forcing him into your MGs and helping you win engagements much easier.

Sneak pioneer behind and place on retreat path for easy wipes (easy in 1V1).

Put them in hard to spot locations like between buildings and hedges.

People don't realise that sometimes to counter something strong you must focus on the other part of his army. Kinda like facing a Tiger Ace and trying to wipe his inf for bleed.
not the way u are talking about , the logic is u need good anti inf and good anti tank inf to take on the Jackson right ? So u need to push right ? Do s mines have legs ?
17 Jan 2018, 13:26 PM

not the way u are talking about , the logic is u need good anti inf and good anti tank inf to take on the Jackson right ? So u need to push right ? Do s mines have legs ?

You can counter attack once he runs into S-Mines. It's a lot easier to attack when you know your flanks are secure. Don't forget that.
17 Jan 2018, 15:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jan 2018, 13:26 PMKharn

You can counter attack once he runs into S-Mines. It's a lot easier to attack when you know your flanks are secure. Don't forget that.
yes but it doesn't solve the problem , you need fast panzer green to reach jackson and the PG need some defense form the bar blob, s mines dont help here
18 Jan 2018, 01:44 AM

yes but it doesn't solve the problem , you need fast panzer green to reach jackson and the PG need some defense form the bar blob, s mines dont help here

You dont NEED to take on the Jackson, like I keep saying, if you find a way to beat his infantry hands down without using any front line tanks, you can as good as ignore the Jackson if you like because it cant do squat to your inf.

If you use all Osts anti inf tools you can beat USA infantry.
18 Jan 2018, 04:51 AM

Wait. Is someone trying to say that a unit with all the tools to survive being squishy but 50% more not as squishy is too much? Madness MADDDNESSSSS I SAY!

But for real, 2 more hits worth of health is no small matter. And "just use infantry" is a bullshit cop out given that rifles are designed to win all infantry battles almost outright (yes thats an exaggeration, but really not far off...)

Do it all infantry is a bad design decision that snowballs hard. If your infantry can beat theirs all the time (or pretty close) you dont need a medium tank to gain the edge (like they do) so you can focus on TDs to keep your infantry unmolested. Lets be honest, if you are getting a sherman its probably because you are beating them well enough you know you dont need to worry about enemy armour for a little bit and want to rub their faces in it...
18 Jan 2018, 06:42 AM
Donator 11

Well for OKW there is no excuse, since they are fairly cheap. For Ostheer, constantly putting out 60 munitions for a single purpose teller mine is quite expensive at some points in the game. However, there is no excuse to not spam s-mines. You can spam them in 1/4 of the large fields as well, reducing cost quite effectively.

Tellers cost 50 munitions.
18 Jan 2018, 06:49 AM

You dont NEED to take on the Jackson, like I keep saying, if you find a way to beat his infantry hands down without using any front line tanks, you can as good as ignore the Jackson if you like because it cant do squat to your inf.

what the hell?

yso you mean when i beat the infantery from a USF player, he will let stay his jackson without support on the same spot all the time....is it now a bofors or somehting static unit??
it is super fast whith huge view range...only noobs will stay still ...

it is super usefull and strong while pushing with infantery (usf infantery win every fight vs axis ifantery if bith player has same skill level)

there is no weakness on Jackson compared to other nondoc TDs

18 Jan 2018, 06:52 AM

Maybe in 1on1, when the USF player does not build any other tanks than jacksons. If he builds Sherman too, or Scott, you need own tanks. Only infantry will be a welcome aim for allied arty.

In teamgames, when there are T34 and other stuff, you need own tanks too, so you will NEED to take on the Jackons.
18 Jan 2018, 10:03 AM

Well for OKW there is no excuse, since they are fairly cheap.

Well no, there is a great excuse. Sturmpios are not cheap and are overburdened.
19 Jan 2018, 10:24 AM

Tellers cost 50 munitions.

my bad
19 Jan 2018, 10:24 AM

Well no, there is a great excuse. Sturmpios are not cheap and are overburdened.

If you can't lay mines with your sturmpioneers, you are doing something wrong lol. But I referred to the mines being cheap and multi purpose
PAGES (13)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 2
unknown 46
United States 32
unknown 4

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L