Login

russian armor

What is the weakness from Jackson?

PAGES (13)down
15 Jan 2018, 08:33 AM

I'm just thinking of any kind of real life scenario where this would make sense somehow. A tank that is good against other heavies but not good vs weak. The only thing that came to my mind would be some kind of a heavier cannon that slowed down the tank because of weight. But usually there are no upgrades that nerf a unit.

Other than that we could simply say the cannon gets so strong, that the bullet will just fly in medium tanks and leave it on the other side without exploding. Haha.

Don't try to find any IRL sense of it, it is only for the sake of balance :nahnah:
15 Jan 2018, 08:49 AM

I'm just thinking of any kind of real life scenario where this would make sense somehow. A tank that is good against other heavies but not good vs weak. The only thing that came to my mind would be some kind of a heavier cannon that slowed down the tank because of weight. But usually there are no upgrades that nerf a unit.

Other than that we could simply say the cannon gets so strong, that the bullet will just fly in medium tanks and leave it on the other side without exploding. Haha.

seems you dont understand how weapons work.

ever tried to aim and..HIT a light tank which drive fast through the teran...with exmample a 88mm gun?
it will be imposible to hit a jepp with such big guns while driving...you will need a autocanon/ MG.

and even if you hit the jepp/ light armor tank...the sheell would fly through it, without explosion.

many german light amor tnks het many holes in the armor...but the shell didn destroy the car..it goes trough both armors and did´t kill or destroy anything.

summa sumarium:
with such big gun it is nearly impossible to destroy little fast light armored tanks...

15 Jan 2018, 08:53 AM

why not give the usf a good t4 TD..not such OP bs...and a doctrional OP TD like the actualy jackson?

Ost need a special doc to get a long range TD...
15 Jan 2018, 10:40 AM

Besides the single rear armor hit from the 222 you can clearly see that they pen the jackson quite regularly from the front. Which indeed makes it vulnerable to light cannons, even from the front. (This does ofcourse not mean that a 222 is a counter to it, it just proves how poor its armor is. And thats its biggest weakness.)

Are you for real? You understand that being vulnerable to a 222 is not equivalent than a 222 having a 20% chance to pen? Going by your logic a king tiger is vulnerable to a t34
15 Jan 2018, 11:19 AM

Instead of the ussual Axis thought process of gravitating towards the heaviest armour they can get and cruzing to a victory with that, you should take advantage of the fact that the Jackson is literally useless vs infantry.

He will have most of his infantry killing force in the form of rifles/airborne/rangers, so focus on countering those, then the jackson is useless will get fausted/shreked or forced back into base.

The suppression strafe from Assault support is good here, combine with a very well screened Tiger to see off deep infantry pushes, just dont put in on the front line for the Jacksons to eat. Throw in MGs and infantry and you can be very difficult to deal with without Shermans or similar. Also think about using a Panzerwerfer and concentrate on units that are stationary (Support weapons, Capping squads, reinforcing squads).

The Jackson cant dive for a Pwerfer in same way a Panther might, because its low armour means its got a much higher chance of being snared, and Axis are good at snaring.

Jackson is ONLY good when your relying on your armour to do most of the work.
15 Jan 2018, 12:29 PM

Man i wonder what kind of USF infantry everyone seems to call freedom blobs look like? My riflemen aren't able to 1v10 strumpioneers like all the stories i am hearing on this thread. Am i missing a bulletin or something?!?
15 Jan 2018, 12:30 PM

Instead of the ussual Axis thought process of gravitating towards the heaviest armour they can get and cruzing to a victory with that, you should take advantage of the fact that the Jackson is literally useless vs infantry.

o comon..which other TD is good vs infantery?

dont u realize that the jackson has more range,speed, sign range and accu than all other nondoc TDs?

when a jackson struggle with something..all other would it too...in bigger form!

i dont know..make the jackson weaker and give the USF a doctrinal T95 or something new
15 Jan 2018, 12:31 PM

Man i wonder what kind of USF infantry everyone seems to call freedom blobs look like? My riflemen aren't able to 1v10 strumpioneers like all the stories i am hearing on this thread. Am i missing a bulletin or something?!?

nope. u seems only to bad at playing this game, when u have struggle with one stpio with 10 rifles...
15 Jan 2018, 12:44 PM

This is just a troll thread at this point.

I think the conclusion has been reached.
15 Jan 2018, 12:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jan 2018, 12:44 PMKharn
This is just a troll thread at this point.

I think the conclusion has been reached.

Yes the M36 is OP being able to completely shut down PzIV while able to deal with premiums and Super heavies.
15 Jan 2018, 13:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jan 2018, 12:58 PMVipper

Yes the M36 is OP being able to completely shut down PzIV while able to deal with premiums and Super heavies.

Not like they have any other options. Both axis factions have 2 tank destroyers, and have access to heavies that kill tanks.

The USF has the jackson, it performs well. But it's far from OP.
15 Jan 2018, 13:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jan 2018, 13:09 PMKharn

Not like they have any other options. Both axis factions have 2 tank destroyers, and have access to heavies that kill tanks.

my questions was: what is the weak point from a jackson? armor doenst count since it is fast and mobile and german armor hit nothing while moving and have not the range to shoot on them.
15 Jan 2018, 13:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jan 2018, 13:09 PMKharn

For dealing for meduim you mean? like:
Atgs
Bazookas
Super bazookas (with camo and first strike bonuses)
mines (3 types)
Tank traps
Stuart engine damage shot, blind shots
AT grenade
Sherman
M10
Pershing
E8

In the end of they if the problem is at axis have 2 TD great lets remove one and make the other of copy of the M36...

15 Jan 2018, 14:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jan 2018, 13:53 PMVipper

For dealing for meduim you mean? like:
Atgs
Bazookas
Super bazookas (with camo and first strike bonuses)
mines (3 types)
Tank traps
Stuart engine damage shot, blind shots
AT grenade
Sherman
M10
Pershing
E8

In the end of they if the problem is at axis have 2 TD great lets remove one and make the other of copy of the M36...

Panzershrecks
Fausts
Pak43
Pak40
Tank traps
Puma
Stug
Jp4
Panther
Command Panther
King Tiger
Elephant
Jagtiger
AT Mines
HEAT Shells
Panzerwerf (open topped beware)

Yeah both sides really lack any form of AT huh
15 Jan 2018, 14:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jan 2018, 14:07 PMKharn

Panzershrecks
Fausts
Pak43
Pak40
Tank traps
Puma
Stug
Jp4
Panther
Command Panther
King Tiger
Elephant
Jagtiger
AT Mines
HEAT Shells

no he is saying u are right give the assault gun role to the stug and make the panther gun same as m36 so they have less at options ost doesn’t need more right ?
15 Jan 2018, 14:33 PM

no he is saying u are right give the assault gun role to the stug and make the panther gun same as m36 so they have less at options ost doesn’t need more right ?

If you wanna drop the armor of the Panther so it can be picked apart by mediums or AT guns. Then go for it.
15 Jan 2018, 14:55 PM

Go watch dave vs talisman on romeo's twitch and come say that the jackson is not op. Bouncing rounds from a panzer 4 and panther... May be it's vet but it's still too strong.
15 Jan 2018, 15:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jan 2018, 14:33 PMKharn

If you wanna drop the armor of the Panther so it can be picked apart by mediums or AT guns. Then go for it.

And the price...
15 Jan 2018, 15:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jan 2018, 14:07 PMKharn

Panzershrecks
Fausts
Pak43
Pak40
Tank traps
Puma
Stug
Jp4
Panther
Command Panther
King Tiger
Elephant
Jagtiger
AT Mines
HEAT Shells

lul...

He listet only the options from USF alone....u listet all things which axis can have.

and compare the list...usf list istn much smaler than all options from axis...duh
15 Jan 2018, 15:20 PM

Go watch dave vs talisman on romeo's twitch and come say that the jackson is not op. Bouncing rounds from a panzer 4 and panther... May be it's vet but it's still too strong.

this is what i said:
maybe the armor seem weak..but is very bouncy and dont all shots from axis armor penetrate like someone want to teach us.

PAGES (13)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS