Login

russian armor

What is the weakness from Jackson?

PAGES (13)down
13 Jan 2018, 22:58 PM

The JPIV wasnt even changed besides its camo ability. Its just as good as the jackson.

The weakness of the jackson is its non existent armor, an ostwind can fight it pretty well.

Meanwhile the JP IV and most other expensive TDs have some armor.

JPIV has 230 armor

The Jackson has 130.

This also means that the jackson is vaulnerable to mortar rounds more so than any other tank, as well as light cannons (222 20mm, AAA cannons in general.)

(Also the JP IV fires about 20% faster.)
all the vet nerf ? (it has fixed turret and is worse than su 85)
14 Jan 2018, 00:32 AM

The JPIV wasnt even changed besides its camo ability. Its just as good as the jackson.

The weakness of the jackson is its non existent armor, an ostwind can fight it pretty well.

JPIV has 230 armor

The Jackson has 130.

This also means that the jackson is vaulnerable to mortar rounds more so than any other tank, as well as light cannons

Please look at the patch notes again, jp4s vet was changed.

Also what are you on? The Jackson vulnerable to a 222? Get outta here
14 Jan 2018, 08:49 AM

The jgp4 shoots WAY faster than Jackson. And tbh the jgp4 is rather overshadowed by its brothers they pv4j and the panther in OKW. Both of which can penetrate all allied armour short of an IS-2 or ISU(<--- this tank is the real op joke)

I find that people think the Jgpz is weak because unlike the TD on the allied side, the Jgp4z is barely better at dealing with allied tanks compared to other options OKW have. But that doesn't mean that the Jgpz is weak, its just how allied tank armour is once again a mythical meme.
14 Jan 2018, 08:57 AM

JPIV has 230 armor

The Jackson has 130.

This also means that the jackson is vaulnerable to mortar rounds more so than any other tank, as well as light cannons (222 20mm, AAA cannons in general.)

By "just as good as the Jackson" do you happen to mean significantly lower penetration, slow rotation, no turret, and vastly inferior mobility stats?

The jp4's frontal armour is very good, that we all know. What's strange is you implying that the Jackson is somehow vulnerable to flak vehicles - it's almost as if the Jackson weren't already a hard counter to those vehicles.
14 Jan 2018, 09:45 AM

JPIV has 230 armor

The Jackson has 130.

LUL the disinformation here XD
I would pull out 222 20mm and ostwind 37mm penetration as well as dps versus jackson and jadgpanzer 4 rof (that isn't 20% faster)...but it's not like i'm expecting a non biased answer.
14 Jan 2018, 10:37 AM

The jgp4 shoots WAY faster than Jackson. And tbh the jgp4 is rather overshadowed by its brothers they pv4j and the panther in OKW. Both of which can penetrate all allied armour short of an IS-2 or ISU(<--- this tank is the real op joke)

I find that people think the Jgpz is weak because unlike the TD on the allied side, the Jgp4z is barely better at dealing with allied tanks compared to other options OKW have. But that doesn't mean that the Jgpz is weak, its just how allied tank armour is once again a mythical meme.

People think the jp4 doesnt cut it is because it has no turret and the jackson has superior mobility.

Right now, jacksons beat p4, p5 and the jp4 without breaking a sweat while yolo-ing in and out of atg range (not even having to vs raks).

This in turn leaves usf freedomblobs to roam the field freely and axis on the backfoot indefiantly.

Jackson has no weakness to exploit, and it needs one for balance.
14 Jan 2018, 10:48 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jan 2018, 10:37 AMzarok47
jacksons beat p4, p5 and the jp4

lie, lie and the lie
14 Jan 2018, 10:59 AM

lie, lie and the lie

Prove it.

With a replay.
14 Jan 2018, 11:06 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jan 2018, 10:59 AMzarok47

Prove it.

With a replay.

You prove us.

Coz u insist that they do.
14 Jan 2018, 11:12 AM

jagd wolfe ullumulu hoshi and others axis defenders really guys? jackson now is so much problem for u? U talk about tank destroyers spam but what can else usf ? Pls tell me ? poor e8? or maybe pershing aka comet ?

Usf finnaly can do something in late game and its cool now i can chose airborne company and be calm because my only tank destoyer is not a paper anymore.

Someone said jagpanzer is weak because 180 penetration, u know even something with 150 penetration can easliy penetrate evry alies tank and maybe only is2 is problem but this tank is rarely seen.

And why u guys have so much pain for that maybe jackson can be one of the best tank destroyers, if u ask me firefly is better i have no idea why this noob ulumule make thread about usf but no about brits but nevermind

This one tank must handle usf late game and so pls dont talk bullshit like someone said usf has bazzokas and at gun so dont need good tank destroyer jesus what a joke

jp4 will win with jackson because egist something like reload time and if im not wrong jp4 fire faster

Even if jackson is better that jp4 then okw have many other late game options

jackson have so many tasks, fight with medium fight with heavy and now its finnaly posible
14 Jan 2018, 11:13 AM

You prove us.

Coz u insist that they do.

Stats and facts back me up. You dont even have a playercard.

Replay or stop talking.
14 Jan 2018, 11:21 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jan 2018, 11:13 AMzarok47

Replay or stop talking.

WHy? Because said?
14 Jan 2018, 11:24 AM

Prove us that Jackson can be killed in 1 vs 1 by p4, jp4, p5.
14 Jan 2018, 11:27 AM

Prove us that Jackson can be killed in 1 vs 1 by p4, jp4, p5.

I tested that in cheat mode. JP4 beats M36 because of better ROF.
14 Jan 2018, 11:43 AM

I tested that in cheat mode. JP4 beats M36 because of better ROF.

If it only had a turret and much superior mobility to benefit for flanking and an ability that boost dramatically its raw dps output, as well as a top food chain penetration that makes it a counter against the heaviest armor and an high moving accuracy that allows it to move and force jadgpanzer 4 to move and lose a lot of accuracy.

And puma is beaten in a frontal 1 vs 1 against any su, it's not like it has a speed and turret traverse to benefit from.

Isu/ele/jagd is too OP, because it frontally kills anything, it's not like it's a sitting duck and can be flanked.

I'm liking this one, let's oversimplify more stuff and look at it at a ridicolous lab made 1vs1 test. :D

Truth is that jackson is the ultimate YOLO tank now. It has:
1) Full 640hp
2) High moving accuracy
3) High dps
4) Turret and huge mobility
5) 100% pen penetration against anything
6) High base accuracy.

It had low hp, and was a kiter tank with good mobility and alpha strike as well as good pen, thus it had some drawback.

For urban maps it couldn't work that well ? Usf had to use m10, easy 8 or pershing ?
Too bad...it's not like Wehrmacht has been using for ages Tigers and Elephant to survive late game since Panther is (IS) a piece of trash, steaming pile of shit.

It's also funny to notice how much double standards made up the ridicolous patch

-(Community [?]) Jackson is weak in a specific map dependant scenario in which kiters fail to perform as intended
-(Mod team) Hell let's overbuff it and remove any of its weaknesses and drawbacks.

-(Community) Panther sucks badly at any role ever
-(Mod team) Meh it must be teching, let's give it a ridicolous smokescreen 0.6 sec reload buff, while we nerf to oblivion its veterancy and armor.
Let's also DELAY STUG and TIER 3 and smokescreen it as a tier 4 buff.
14 Jan 2018, 11:55 AM

it's never about 1 vs with TD casue they all have differnt range
yes the jp4 can beat the m36 if it never miss but the m36 can stil out manuver it and move to his flank cause fixed turret
and for all the people thinking the jp4 is soo good, compare the stats to the su 85 (same reload way worse pen both on last tier and cost same and su can selfspot at vet 0)
14 Jan 2018, 12:19 PM

JPIV has 230 armor

The Jackson has 130.

saying this, prove that you have no knowledge about this actually game status.
maybe a jackson lose a head-onhead.dog fight against some axis armor...but only in a static fight.

which noob would stand still with a jackson when must fight an alone jagdpz4?

or which noob would stay against a p4?? move is the magic strat to win..because the p4 wouldn`t hit ANYTHING while moving

i toke out 2 panthers with 2 jackson..without lose one jackson. you know why? MAGIC: they didn hit ANYTHING while moving...one jackson give sight..2 shot and kill the first panther 6 hits and my jacksons get only one hit.

MAGIC??? no..its only panthers have shit moving accu. jackson can kitting a panther/p4 easily
14 Jan 2018, 12:56 PM

saying this, prove that you have no knowledge about this actually game status.
maybe a jackson lose a head-onhead.dog fight against some axis armor...but only in a static fight.

which noob would stand still with a jackson when must fight an alone jagdpz4?

or which noob would stay against a p4?? move is the magic strat to win..because the p4 wouldn`t hit ANYTHING while moving

i toke out 2 panthers with 2 jackson..without lose one jackson. you know why? MAGIC: they didn hit ANYTHING while moving...one jackson give sight..2 shot and kill the first panther 6 hits and my jacksons get only one hit.

MAGIC??? no..its only panthers have shit moving accu. jackson can kitting a panther/p4 easily
wow when u rush with panthers they can be killed wow make elefant then or maybe jackson is ultimate thing that can yolo kill evrything and proper counter doesnt exist
14 Jan 2018, 14:06 PM

LUL the disinformation here XD

5) 100% pen penetration against anything

Oh, the irony.

So, from what I gathered from this thread, the Jackson is supposed to be a counter to heavies as bazookas and AT gun cover mediums. However, I've played a lot with USF lately and to me it seems that the pen (much lower than 100%) and accuracy of the Jacksons just don't cut it against heavies:

KT: 69%/64%/59% | with HVAP: 80%/75%/66%
Panther: 81%/75%/68% | with HVAP: 94%/88%/78%
Tiger: 87%/80%/73% | with HVAP: 100%/93%/83%

So, the only time where the Jackson can, as you say, 100% pen a heavy/largely armored medium is with HVAPs at near range, where paks/raketens/fausts/mines can significantly hinder your ability to push. Not to mention the "high accuracy" that I just don't see in my matches, you'll have to bring numbers in the discussion if you really want to convince me and others of this. I honestly think SU85s and FFs to be better at their roles with higher rate of fire and self-spotting for the former and sick damage bursts, high accuracy and disable for the latter.

About the topic of the discussion, in my opinion the weaknesses of the Jackson are its low armor, need for a spotter to fully utilize its range, need of munis and vet for HVAP to reliably pen heavies, low burst damage compared to the FF. And inability to even touch infantry, but that's a given with allied TDs.

14 Jan 2018, 14:13 PM

About the topic of the discussion, in my opinion the weaknesses of the Jackson are its low armor, need for a spotter to fully utilize its range, need of munis and vet for HVAP to reliably pen heavies, low burst damage compared to the FF. And inability to even touch infantry, but that's a given with allied TDs.
yea jadp stug ele and jadt all have great anti inf right ?
and btw u just listed all td weakness (ff need muni too to use the tulip) and it's not mandatory to use havp round it pens just fine with base
so no the jakson has no weakness as a td tank (no fixed turret, great mobility ,great pen ,60 range, crew that repairs it self ,engine too)
if it was not for the faction lack of good sponge tank they would be op in late game too
PAGES (13)down
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS