Login

russian armor

What is the weakness from Jackson?

PAGES (13)down
13 Jan 2018, 03:04 AM

- Reload speed
- Longer aim-time (due to wind up)
- Price
- (and a tiny bit amount of less armor/larger target size)

Jackson and Firefly prolly still need a range decrease to 55, and TDs in general need a popcap increase so that it's not Infantry spam & TD spam. Now that Heavies and Panthers have higher popcap, TDs can also afford to have higher popcap.

Please don't remove range. That would leave it with no advantage to use against stugs and panthers (5 range is very hard to exploit properly). I think starting with speed and acceleration is a much better option now that it's more durable. If anything catching and chasing it for the kill is the problematic part.
13 Jan 2018, 04:42 AM

Problem with it now is that the Jackson is the only TD option for USF to deal with medium and heavy tanks that isn't vulnerable to indirect fire. All factions need to have these options and for the most part they do.

The problem when comparing Axis tank destoryers and Allied tank destoryers is that armour for the allies is a meme, while for the axis armour becomes a bigger and bigger part of the tank as you go up by tier.

The Jackson is a TD, even worse, its USF only TD, it needs to be able to deal with any and all tanks medium and above that USF goes up against.

All the factions have heavy tank destoryers (Yes the panther is a TD, I don't know how the community balance team think of it as, but when i was working with relic balance team we always consider the panther to be the axis version of a Heavy TD) and for most part they all the equal well of dealing with the enemy tanks medium and above.

I can't speak for anyone else experince but i notice that the Jackson kills Pvz4 just as well as a panther would kill a T 34.

If you do make the Jackson worse against medium tanks, which i wouldn't mind. I would hope that the sherman would have its value vs medium tanks boosted as an offset. I play mainly USF and after nearly 3000 hrs of coh 2 and just reaching Rank 2 as USF i find that medium tank battles are an RNG fuck fest. Armour and penetration especially for the allies is completely is completely out of whack. If i see an OKW pz4j as an USF player, a sherman is out of the question, its just putting my life in the hands of RNG.

I kinda lost track on the point i wanted to make with this post. For what i have read so far it seems that people are frustrated with the Jackson 60 range? but that was the same last patch and in fact i would say that Jackson was even better last patch vs PZ4 then the current patch. 2 Jacksons would turn the Pz4 into memes and dreams for cheaper fuel cost if i am not mistaken.

This patch getting 2 jackson while still would rape Pz4, it atleast cost more fuel.

13 Jan 2018, 09:42 AM

The Jackson is a TD, even worse, its USF only TD, it needs to be able to deal with any and all tanks medium and above that USF goes up against.

Because it the only stock TD it does not mean that the USF do not have other tools to deal with meduims.

Their ATG can deal with mediums (far better than the RW), every singe infantry can pick bazookas, paratroopers now get super bazooka, they have access to mines, Sherman can stand up to ostheer PzIV, they have access to M10, even Stuart can assist vs mediums.

The idea that the M36 should completely shut down the PzIV by having extremely high chance to hit and penetrate 20 unit away from its max range and being able to outrun it is simply wrong.

Especially since the arrival of PzIV should mean that Ostheer are finally able to start pushing and since M36 arrival is very close to it.
13 Jan 2018, 10:59 AM

Its like the level of blind bias is such a joke it just makes me laugh

i get you know. i laughed with it before but now i'm donne laughing it's getting to stupid
13 Jan 2018, 11:05 AM

reason ?

are you really asking the reason why 'heavy tank meta' and all that shiet will happen after they nerf the range of usf's only tank destroyer
13 Jan 2018, 11:09 AM

only thing that can go from the jackson is the 'special rounds' idk wtf they are called but they're OP for the rest it is a good and balanced tank.
13 Jan 2018, 12:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jan 2018, 11:05 AMYRon²y

Are you really asking the reason why 'heavy tank meta' and all that shiet will happen after they nerf the range of usf's only tank destroyer all tank (ele , jd and jp excluded)
for 5 range it's not gonna change much theys still out range (and afterall rak is good at gun with 50 range right ? Everyone in the forum says it or you are an axis fanboy so changing the range to 55 for 360 turret Td should not change much)
13 Jan 2018, 12:41 PM

for 5 range range it's not gonna cange much theys still out range (and afterall rak is good at gun with 50 range right ? everyone in the forum says it or you are an axis fanboy so changing the range to 55 for 360 turret Td should not change much)

it is gonne change much.
13 Jan 2018, 12:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jan 2018, 12:41 PMYRon²y

it is gonne change much.
how ?
13 Jan 2018, 12:51 PM

13 Jan 2018, 13:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jan 2018, 12:51 PMYRon²y

how not?
they would just be scarred for at gun counter fire , they can still kite all tank
13 Jan 2018, 13:19 PM

they would just be scarred for at gun counter fire , they can still kite all tank

?
13 Jan 2018, 13:40 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Forum 101: don't spread your message on 2-3 or more different post one after another one. Use the multiquote or copy paste your different quotes on a same post.
13 Jan 2018, 16:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jan 2018, 09:42 AMVipper

Because it the only stock TD it does not mean that the USF do not have other tools to deal with meduims.

Their ATG can deal with mediums (far better than the RW), every singe infantry can pick bazookas, paratroopers now get super bazooka, they have access to mines, Sherman can stand up to ostheer PzIV, they have access to M10, even Stuart can assist vs mediums.

The idea that the M36 should completely shut down the PzIV by having extremely high chance to hit and penetrate 20 unit away from its max range and being able to outrun it is simply wrong.

Especially since the arrival of PzIV should mean that Ostheer are finally able to start pushing and since M36 arrival is very close to it.
\

USf's other at options get hard countered by brumbars. If jakson gets a nerf, then usf will need another tank to fill the gap. We really need to see how usf does in tournaments before we start adjustments. Usf is worse than soviets, and I do not see people struggling to deal with them.
13 Jan 2018, 16:38 PM

\

USf's other at options get hard countered by brumbars. If jakson gets a nerf, then usf will need another tank to fill the gap. We really need to see how usf does in tournaments before we start adjustments. Usf is worse than soviets, and I do not see people struggling to deal with them.

Not really. If there is a need for it one can increase the TS of Brumbar (first decreasing the accuracy of heavy TDs).

Generally Brumbar is a unit with lots of issues, currently it also completely shutdown by heavy TDs and its role becomes purely defensive.

I would rather see it come out earlier and hold less a punch. Or get its real role of an assault gun.
13 Jan 2018, 16:57 PM

for 5 range it's not gonna change much theys still out range (and afterall rak is good at gun with 50 range right ? Everyone in the forum says it or you are an axis fanboy so changing the range to 55 for 360 turret Td should not change much)

If it not gonna change much, what do you want to change it?

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jan 2018, 09:42 AMVipper

Then why again Ostheer has Stug? After all they have pak40 and shreck.
13 Jan 2018, 16:59 PM

13 Jan 2018, 17:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jan 2018, 16:57 PMEsxile

Then why again Ostheer has Stug? After all they have pak40 and shreck.

Stug is counter to medium tanks, (the same same SU-76 is) and has one of the lowest penetration of stock Tds.

[actually it is currently over-performing but is one of the few thing that keep ostheer afloat, since Panther is under-performing and T4 in general]
PAGES (13)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 56
unknown 18
Germany 15
unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L