Login

russian armor

COH 2 / COH 1 grens/tiger

12 Aug 2013, 14:18 PM

Anyone care to explain how the Tiger and grenadiers play in COH2? I'm a bit curious about this.
VRL
12 Aug 2013, 14:25 PM

Tiger is doctrinal so you can only use it if you pick that commander, arguably its a questionable tank (but i've never used it so can't comment).

Grens are your bog standard foot soldier style infantry.
12 Aug 2013, 14:31 PM

How does the Tiger stats compare in coh2? In coh 1 it was sort of inaccurate, especially on the move, it didn't do great damage to tanks for its price/size but it did have a nice splash vs infantry.

Is it still sort of a mix between AI and AT with AI being better, or is coh 2 tiger more like the p4, can hit inf but better against tanks?

grens in coh 1 with vet were able to hold off anything in numbers infantry wise, at least vcoh, it seems like panzergrens are the "new" grens in terms of power level.
12 Aug 2013, 14:34 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Grens in COH2 are like Volksgrenadiers in COH1, but the damage output of infantry is lower in general. Panzergrens are the elite infantry of germans in CoH2, they compare to Panzergrens from Panzerelite, come with STG44 by default with the opportunity to upgrade with Panzerschrecks...

Tigers right now are not the beast that it was in COH1, but Relic devs said they would balance the game from bottom to top. Right now they're dealing with earlier tier units.
12 Aug 2013, 16:41 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

Tigers are shit, but mostly due to the SU85 being OP. Overall they arent worth the massive fuel cost they require.
Two
12 Aug 2013, 22:36 PM

Tiger is like a fat P4, maybe slightly worse at AI but def better AT then a P4. It's more a meatshield then anything right now, on the move hitting inf is near impossible, standing still its still guna fire a few shot's till it finally hit's, but unlike in coh1 when a single shot could obliterate an entire squad, that does not happen here.

Its one of those units that will stand there to take the focus of your opponents armour away from your inf to allow you to try and do some damage, so more a physcological weapon. But right now its not even good at that, because as Bud said, the SU85 will maul it. Or conscripts will sticky it (as soon as they start the throw animation you cannot get away from it, unlike in vcoh where if you backed up they had to get close again, its fucking lame). Or of course a T34 will ram it and then you can't move or fire (again another lame move you cannot counter unless you kill the tank before it connects)

Grenadiers are pretty shit, nothing like vCoH, where you could stay at range and kill things quite easily, scripts will have the ability to walk straight at you and make you retreat even if you start at max distance.

Panzergrenadiers on the other hand, are beasts. 360mp no muni cost for a 4 man stg44 squad that can get 2 shreks for 120 muni. You can also get them when still in early early game, when your opponent is still building scripts. Could also prob get shreks before they get a HT out (I usually get a flamer with my first 60 muni, so unsure on timescale for 120 muni, I reckon it would be close)

When the tiger gets buffed, or above soviet units/abilities get nerfed, you could actually blitz for reals with a tiger pgren combo.
21 Aug 2013, 22:08 PM

I play allot with the tiger doctrine. I find the pgren / tiger combo almost unstoppable...I actually played a game earlier and a t34 ram only stunned my tiger must be an update?
But as for tigers they can handle all red tanks but with caution vs su85 and they mash infantry
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★