Login

russian armor

T1-T2 strat

12 Aug 2013, 13:12 PM

I'm tired of the run of the mill T2-T3 or T1-T4 strats. I want to know if anyone has gotten this to work at high level play. T1-T2. Basically a sniper start following with 3 conscripts. This usually makes your opponent go T2 for Ostheer scout car. This buys you a little time to stall the p4.

Build T2 for AT gun to take on flame HT and future P4, choose guards motor doctrine. May or may not need AT nades early. Save gas and build up CPs for two T34/85s. In theory, it has a lot of advantages, I just keep finding myself getting stomped trying to use it.

Notice: P4/Ostwind has always arrived before t34-85s, so there is the major disadvantage.

If you've done this, please post replay.
12 Aug 2013, 13:15 PM

I've done this a bunch of times. Preserving that AT gun veterancy and having good map vision is the key!

Don't have any replays saved but will provide if I do it again.
VRL
12 Aug 2013, 13:16 PM

I'm not sure about high level. But i've been having some success with it, but its a variation on what you have been doing.

I get a penal battalion instead of 3rd conscript, and a guard squad ASAP for Scout Car/FHT. Then get T2 for AT Gun, followed by T34/85's.

EDIT: I only really use this tactic on langres as snipers are super effective :)
12 Aug 2013, 13:21 PM

Hm, I always underestimate penals, because they cost 360mp. I normally dedicate that to a guards squad, mortar, or sniper. I always try to use munis for mines and flamer instead of satchels. But, I've noticed that the timer seems wayyy lower than the airbourne satchel. Might have to try that.

Cool Stephen, I'd appreciate that.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS