Login

russian armor

Some grenades can't be dodged. Qol ?

7 Jan 2018, 15:54 PM

Some grenades can't be dodged, no matter how fast you push the retreat button.

2 fresh inf. squads wiped in 2 separated event even if i pushed the retreat.

The guys did start to retreat but the blast wiped them.

If mines and demos nerf were quality of life changes, maybe no skill grenades must be looked at ?

How can 2 units walked right into a stolen mg42 arc (best mg) and killed a tank that was a tank length behind the mg42 then safely retreat ?

Bugs ? or balance ?

P.S.: I got the replay.
7 Jan 2018, 16:47 PM
Donator 11

which grenades are you referring to?

AFAIK all grenades are dodgeable, you just have to look out for the animation, so it seems to be a L2P problem

7 Jan 2018, 17:00 PM

Sometimes retreating is worse than staying or moving laterally, reason being because the models clump up together then retreating.
7 Jan 2018, 17:03 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

which grenades are you referring to?

AFAIK all grenades are dodgeable, you just have to look out for the animation, so it seems to be a L2P problem

Not necessarily. With the CoH2 playbase a bit smaller, it is not uncommon for a player to be on the other side of the world, which results in bad ping. I have had games where I could not dodge a satchel charge because of ping. Granted this a playbase problem not a grenade problem.
7 Jan 2018, 17:06 PM

Not necessarily. With the CoH2 playbase a bit smaller, it is not uncommon for a player to be on the other side of the world, which results in bad ping. I have had games where I could not dodge a satchel charge because of ping. Granted this a playbase problem not a grenade problem.

Yeah I had games recently where dodging a UKF or USF nade was next to impossible because of input lag...
7 Jan 2018, 17:36 PM

Most grenades from elite squad have sorter timers and thus more difficult to dodge.
7 Jan 2018, 17:40 PM

nades are almost impossible to react to cause;
-warning gets said to late.
-/nade already landed.
-even if you run away the range is big enaugh to atleast kill a few models if not the squad or it just leaves one member on almost no health
-you're not just looking at that one unit, you're trying to micro your whole army!

this is not a l2p isue, this is a problem. most humans can't react that fast including me, and just leave the squad where it is, hoping that it still is alive and hoping it is possible to survive the retreat.
8 Jan 2018, 06:44 AM

nades are almost impossible to react to cause;
-warning gets said to late.
-/nade already landed.
-even if you run away the range is big enaugh to atleast kill a few models if not the squad or it just leaves one member on almost no health
-you're not just looking at that one unit, you're trying to micro your whole army!

this is not a l2p isue, this is a problem. most humans can't react that fast including me, and just leave the squad where it is, hoping that it still is alive and hoping it is possible to survive the retreat.

Also audio cue is bugged as fuck, the warning only came after grenade has landed.
Phy
8 Jan 2018, 06:47 AM

Yeah I had games recently where dodging a UKF or USF nade was next to impossible because of input lag...

This.
8 Jan 2018, 18:40 PM

Also audio cue is bugged as fuck, the warning only came after grenade has landed.

yep. they gotta do something about it. maybe let nades only do health damage, but like not to much just to get the engagement in to your favor. like about half health or 4/10th of the hp, if you get what i mean. wiping squads wasn't the intention of nades, atleast i hope so.
8 Jan 2018, 20:10 PM

Never had problems dodging nades. The occasional clump wipe due to retreat is also possibly due to opponent ranging the nade on retreat path. I do it pretty often when players just twitch react retreat. Audio cues is a good point though, but I don't find it consistent enough to weigh in an opinion on.
8 Jan 2018, 21:37 PM

Never had problems dodging nades. The occasional clump wipe due to retreat is also possibly due to opponent ranging the nade on retreat path. I do it pretty often when players just twitch react retreat. Audio cues is a good point though, but I don't find it consistent enough to weigh in an opinion on.

dodging nades is ez when you only have to watch one big blob...
9 Jan 2018, 08:59 AM

Input lag is on players end since the Battleservers were introduced. Thus dodging nades is a question of skill, or of internet connection.
9 Jan 2018, 09:06 AM

commando grenades are really annoying cause of high explosive range and short timer
9 Jan 2018, 09:29 AM

commando grenades are really annoying cause of high explosive range and short timer

True. But they have their grenade on cooldown now. Which makes it much harder to wipe support weapons etc with them.
9 Jan 2018, 12:32 PM

The only grenade I have a hard time dodging is the riflenade, and it's entirely due to how squads naturally clump in the radius. The rifle nade is lethal in terms of damage, and if you don't notice it in time, it's often too late.

Clumping during retreat is 1 thing, another thing is units take more damage from explosives while moving. Sometimes its scary to do, but leaving your squad still to just " take it " is often the better idea.

I like the idea of greandes only deal HP damage instead of killing entities, that could be a nice compromise. It still makes you leave... though I guess you are spending munitions to see a squad run away, it's not bleeding his manpower, it's just kicking him off the field. So... I'd want grenades re-priced if that was the case.

Personally, I'd like to see something a bit deeper with a grenade. I'm sure they could implement a formula that a grenade simply can't 1 shot a squad. Something that never allows a grenade to deal 100% of the remaining squads hp/entities. Thus always leaving at least 1 member left alive. Not only did the nade do it's job, you can easily be cleaned up if he's set up.. but that gives the player that extra chance to survive.
9 Jan 2018, 17:41 PM

Input Lag mixed with late audio cues is what does it. In a game without those problems grenades are pretty easy to dodge. I played a game once where there was 5 second input lag. I knew he was going to throw a grenade and clicked even before he threw it and my troops just wouldn't move and got wiped. That was the worst.

OKW flame nades when they got introduced were truly undodgable. They had no throw delay and no fuse timer.
9 Jan 2018, 18:49 PM

Ober and panzer grens grenades usually best at wiping because they seem to have a pretty big AOE. With them you really gotta pay attention a smart dude is gonna possibly throw it behind your squad guessing that you might instant retreat. There has been times where I've decided to move away from it and it seemed like i was clearly out of the way but it still wiped the squad. IDK maybe justified because they are elite infantry.
11 Jan 2018, 12:58 PM

Usually I run into the squad throwing the nade, and most do expect a retreat or throw ontop of you.

Unless you're the one doing the assaulting, running towards the one throwing the nade is a safe bet.
11 Jan 2018, 14:24 PM

the only big problem concering the grenades are the announcements. sometimes your own troops scream GRENAAAAAAAADE if THEY throw them, but sometimes they dont give a damn if an enemey nade flies towards them. thats annoying as hell and punishes micro on many different locations very hard.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 69
Germany 16

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment