Login

russian armor

KV-8 is too cheap.

12 Aug 2013, 09:05 AM

I know, This tank is slow, can't damage to other tanks, need high CP..

but It's strong enough.

It can kill all of infantry squad in some seconds. and has a good armor.

ya. truly, It's a good tank.

but I think, it's too cheap. fuel 135.
12 Aug 2013, 09:11 AM

Permanently Banned
Agreed.

Too infantry effective (especially vs infantry armor reliant Ost) and too armored for its cost.
Also moves too fast, rendering retreat useless.

Definately needs a fuel cost increase to delay it.
12 Aug 2013, 16:24 PM

Had to register just to LoL.

But seriously go command that unit and come back to tell me its fast. I preordered and the KV-8 is available on 2 commanders of my commanders which have limited AT options. Of those few that use the KV-8, who would use a more expensive one? I wouldn't and that would be just 1 less viable unit for soviets to use thickening up our SU spam...
12 Aug 2013, 16:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Aug 2013, 16:24 PMKallin
Had to register just to LoL

It should be at least 180 fuel (lke brummbar) especially seeing that KV8 is as heavily armored and in fact MUCH MUCH MUCH better at insta killing infantry squads.

Good luck facing a kv8 + su85 combo, its like using cheats.
12 Aug 2013, 16:33 PM

I know, This tank is slow, can't damage to other tanks, need high CP..

but It's strong enough.

It can kill all of infantry squad in some seconds. and has a good armor.

ya. truly, It's a good tank.

but I think, it's too cheap. fuel 135.

Its actually a little too fast for its size and armor .....

And contrary to popular belief it comes pretty early on at CP3 (compare to Elephant at CP5)

It either needs a massive cost increae (180 fuel like its rival the Brummbar) or a massive decrease in its armor and insta killing with its FT.

12 Aug 2013, 16:34 PM

Good luck facing a kv8 + su85 combo, its like using cheats.

Maybe its like facing a Panther and an ostwind? But then again we should just get right down to nerfing. Or just realize that the factions are not mirrored images.
12 Aug 2013, 16:35 PM

High CP afaik it comes at CP3 which is pretty much early-midgame (compare to Elephant at CP5)

4 CP bro... but then again u prolly never used it ;)
12 Aug 2013, 16:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Aug 2013, 16:34 PMKallin

Maybe its like facing a Panther and an ostwind? But then again we should just get right down to nerfing. Or just realize that the factions are not mirrored images.

Maybe you would realise SU85 outranges both and can reverse away warpspeed. Panther has to come TOWARDS the su85 which means you can have a cheap conscript squad to insta kill its engine and its bye bye 165 fuel panther.

Also ostwind does nowhere near the insta killing a kv8 does and not only that has far less armor for just 20 less fuel.
12 Aug 2013, 16:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Aug 2013, 16:35 PMKallin

4 CP bro... but then again u prolly never used it ;)

typo .... and I played soviets (unlike you who never played germans) at least 100 times and used this combo and frankly it seems ridiculously op.
12 Aug 2013, 16:39 PM

I like these scenarios you guys lay down in the forums that dont consider any of your tactical assets. Blitzkreig ur panther that has a rotating turret? your infantry? what vaccum are u fighting in?
12 Aug 2013, 16:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Aug 2013, 16:39 PMKallin
I like these scenarios you guys lay down in the forums that dont consider any of your tactical assets. Blitzkreig ur panther that has a rotating turret? your infantry? what vaccum are u fighting in?

you dug yourself a hole ... so I am supposed to use a 165 fuel panther , a 115 fuel ostwind AND infantry to take out ONE SU85 ?

Blitzkrieg ? And did you know you need a vet1 for the panther ? GL getting that panther to vet 1 when it suxors against anything other than a T34. Why are you brining vet units into the picture ? With that logic I can also say that the su85 would be more vetted specially since it comes out much earlier.

Maybe it would dawn on you if you played BOTH sides and not just russians that kv8 + su85 combo is BROKEN.

There is no viable counter period.
12 Aug 2013, 16:42 PM

Kv-8 is just OP. It kills every inf squad in a few seconds. It's not good vs other tanks? No problem. Just spam ZIS and you beat tanks too. It should be good vs inf, yes you're right, but it's not okay if it kills it instant. The Kv-8 needs a nerf and a higher price.
12 Aug 2013, 16:45 PM

you dug yourself a hole ... so I am supposed to use a 165 fuel panther , a 115 fuel ostwind AND infantry to take out ONE SU85 ?

Blitzkrieg ? And did you know you need a vet1 for the panther ? GL getting that panther to vet 1 when it suxors against anything other than a T34. Why are you brining vet units into the picture ? With that logic I can also say that the su85 would be more vetted specially since it comes out much earlier.

Maybe it would dawn on you if you played BOTH sides and not just russians that kv8 + su85 combo is BROKEN.

There is no viable counter period.

Look buddy I didn't say you have to do anything. I just said get some perspective forum warrior. I'll just continue to torch you poges with my OP KV-8... lol
12 Aug 2013, 16:45 PM

Kv-8 is just OP. It kills every inf squad in a few seconds. It's not good vs other tanks? No problem. Just spam ZIS and you beat tanks too. It should be good vs inf, yes you're right, but it's not okay if it kills it instant. The Kv-8 needs a nerf and a higher price.

zis spam not required ... just one su85 + guards button or conscript at gren insta engine damage and entire german armor is history.

Soviet only players love to keep bringing up elephant despite the fact that kv8 and su85 comes in way way way way earlier and its 260 fuel not to mention only 1 commander has it (not too many take it because the other abilities are mostly useless)

In addition in a 2 v 2 if the other ally goes t34 ... all it takes is 1 t34 ram and su85's will finish it off.
12 Aug 2013, 16:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Aug 2013, 16:45 PMKallin

Look buddy I didn't say you have to do anything. I just said get some perspective forum warrior. I'll just continue to torch you poges with my OP KV-8... lol

I suggest you get some perspective from both sides instead of being biased. I gave you my arguments and now you just troll.
12 Aug 2013, 16:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Aug 2013, 16:34 PMKallin

ARE YOU FUCKING DRUNK KID?
12 Aug 2013, 17:00 PM

Its actually a little too fast for its size and armor .....

And contrary to popular belief it comes pretty early on at CP3 (compare to Elephant at CP5)

It either needs a massive cost increae (180 fuel like its rival the Brummbar) or a massive decrease in its armor and insta killing with its FT.

It is probably too fuel cheap (165-180ish I'd say). The inf killing on it can be kind of variable. Sometimes it'll melt two squads instantly, others it'll kill a couple of guys and let the last two retreat. I kind of think if you reduce the inf killing it won't have much of a point any more. I've not found the speed problematic unless people try to stick around with infantry, and it's very liable to get fausted.
12 Aug 2013, 17:05 PM

omg russians are so OP, lets nerf everything..

i know everything we field is far more superior than the Russians mg42, bunkers, mortars, entire Tier3. come on people get serious. keep nerfing russians and you will be playing german heroes 2
12 Aug 2013, 17:06 PM

omg russians are so OP, lets nerf everything..

OMG 1 POST WONDER
12 Aug 2013, 17:08 PM

OMG 1 POST WONDER

omg look at me.....
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 73
United States 3
United States 14
unknown 6

Ladders Top 10

• #