Login

russian armor

Too many players left...

PAGES (11)down
13 Aug 2013, 07:23 AM

You and I were cut from the same bread my friend.

^Me too.

I am also putting it down to the absolute abortion design of Soviet faction and underwhelming UI. Add things on top of those major issues like Command Delay/Lag (NOT CONNECTION RELATED) and lack of Leader boards, Chat System and Day 1 DLC, CoH2's future is pretty bleak.
13 Aug 2013, 07:50 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Seen the same for vcoh multiple times over the years, and the same topics as well. My prediction is that eventually all of the nay sayers will leave (will take probably another year or so) leaving the usual fans of the game playing, with a richly updated game over the next year. If you don't feel like playing coh2 right now then don't, just play something else and wait for decent game updates.

Maybe I'm just too experienced of Relic's development cycle over the past 7 years and I've seen this all before, whereas for a lot of people this kind of thing is new. A lot of people are comparing coh2 to the 7 year old vcoh, and not to the 2 month old vcoh which was a completely different game and community.
13 Aug 2013, 08:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Aug 2013, 07:50 AMSepha
Seen the same for vcoh multiple times over the years, and the same topics as well. My prediction is that eventually all of the nay sayers will leave (will take probably another year or so) leaving the usual fans of the game playing, with a richly updated game over the next year. If you don't feel like playing coh2 right now then don't, just play something else and wait for decent game updates.

Maybe I'm just too experienced of Relic's development cycle over the past 7 years and I've seen this all before, whereas for a lot of people this kind of thing is new. A lot of people are comparing coh2 to the 7 year old vcoh, and not to the 2 month old vcoh which was a completely different game and community.

There's only one problem with what you have said.

CoH2 is NOT vCoH and it never will be as good as that. vCoH was worth the wait and to be quite honest with you, CoH2 isn't. It was rushed, under done, poorly designed and made with a budget from a Company that was going broke or was already broke. That all points to one thing unfortunately, a shit game.

Yeah the campaign was good, but the Multiplayer is absolutely terrible.

I am starting to think that CoH2 is just a cash grab from Relic off the back of vCoH's good reputation.

You are right about one thing though, I have stopped playing it. Down to one match every couple of days atm, which is as good as stopped when compared to vCoH when I was playing 5-6 games a day.
Two
13 Aug 2013, 09:39 AM

CoH2 reminds of me of CoH:O, a simplified, cheaper looking version of the original. Doctrines had 2 routes to go down, greater map variety and quality, the rank system and leaderboard gave you something to go for and it had a sense of community, the original GR was a great lobby, and even after it was made the default channel it was better then what we have now, I miss that guy that spammed 1-20 in the chat.

I think thats the main one for me, sure I can use steam and talk to friends, but what when they're offline? I want a chat lobby to troll in to make the time pass when waiting 10 mins to be put in a 1v1. Right now I sit there waiting and think, oh, i have that tv show to watch or could play a game of fifa, or work out or something.

I'll prob keep playing and hoping for a patch to make it better, but based on vCoH that will take a few years to get good balance (and then 2 days later they will release an expansion) and right now CoH2 doesnt have enough redeeming features to keep me that long. Hopefully EIR:R will get a mod running for it.
13 Aug 2013, 10:41 AM

That's true, and I wouldn't be foolish enough to compare the fully developed CoH to the 2 month old CoH2. And I haven't. All these comparisons I've made were release vs. release. I don't even care about balance all that much because it only really effects the top tier players, but what I do care about is game design, and I don't need to wait 7 years or 7 months or 7 weeks into vCoH's life cycle to know which game is superior in that regard.

If your prediction is that all the nay-sayers leave, then you're going to be left with an awfully small population at the end of that.

I, for one, like to pretend this game is still in Beta, but it doesn't change anything I've said.

Edit; Again, I'm not shitting on the dev team. I understand very clearly they've gotten the shit end of the stick with how things have went. Doesn't change anything though
13 Aug 2013, 11:18 AM

Edit; Again, I'm not shitting on the dev team. I understand very clearly they've gotten the shit end of the stick with how things have went. Doesn't change anything though

Just to get things clear one more time: are you or are you not shitting on the dev team..? :P
13 Aug 2013, 12:56 PM

CoH2 is NOT vCoH and it never will be as good as that. vCoH was worth the wait and to be quite honest with you, CoH2 isn't. It was rushed, under done, poorly designed and made with a budget from a Company that was going broke or was already broke. That all points to one thing unfortunately, a shit game.

I am starting to think that CoH2 is just a cash grab from Relic off the back of vCoH's good reputation.

You are right about one thing though, I have stopped playing it. Down to one match every couple of days atm, which is as good as stopped when compared to vCoH when I was playing 5-6 games a day.

so when are you gonna leave the forums, since, yaknow, this is COH2, and coh2 is crap (says you) and these are the CoH2 forums
13 Aug 2013, 13:05 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

If i remember correctly, you were a Brit player. No wonder you don't like CoH2. :(
13 Aug 2013, 13:31 PM

LOL oh come on now -

Just because you toured their office and probably have some sickle swag laying around doesn't mean you can troll people with statements like that. Some people are just critical because they like the game and were hoping it would be a booming success instead of the sequel slump we all feared when the financial problems went public. Chat, leaderboard, in game friends options, map selection, custom lobbies, etc. were all features that were in the 1.0 release of vCoH which I continue to point out was 2006. These are things that while not what people would call "game breaking" are certainly essential in the expansion and retention of the multiplayer population. If I didn't know my way around CoH2.org, how would I know who is any good at the game? Where do I rank among my peers? If I didn't know anyone else who played the game, how can I play some arranged team games? How the fuck do I not play Rhzev, winter Pripyat, or summer Pripyat 5x in a row?

You are forgetting that this is the team that introduced ToV, made money off the good name of VCoH, and ran off most of the community of players that were extraordinarily good, players who beta tested their game that put them on the map. They left because they didn't like being rolled up on by 5 indestructible kangaroos for a year. You were probably the only remnant of that class playing CoH before this released.

If Relic has some sort of vision of a "development cycle" then it's one that lacks a lot of foresight. That release was 7 years ago and this neglect is showing us, the customer who coughed up 60$ and some suckers @ 90$ buying a CE on good faith, that the game is not currently designed to keep one playing multiplayer. 7 years in this current game market is about 6 years 8 months too long. People literally turn the channel and have very little patience unless there is something that keeps them coming back. Why do you think the CoD franchise is so popular? Starcraft? LoL? Dota 2? You think those consumers are just peons who don't understand that it takes 7 years to really create a good game?

13 Aug 2013, 13:37 PM

A lot of people are comparing coh2 to the 7 year old vcoh, and not to the 2 month old vcoh which was a completely different game and community.

You could apply this to the balance of the game but not the multiplayer features missing such as a decent replay system, no ladders/leagues/meaningful visible ranking, no map bans, no ability to search as random, no custom games lobby, no ability to edit hotkeys, and a very basic friends list that does not interact with the game at all.

A lot of these were problems with the original game as well. When I learnt of coh2 I expected the multiplayer to build upon the first game. Instead we have even more shit wrong than the first game and this is completely disregarding any opinions on the actual gameplay and balance.

Game is certainly not worth $60. Multiplayer service is completely lacking. Bunch of new units with snow skins. SC2's mutliplayer on release had so much more for the same price + it was released 3 years ago.
13 Aug 2013, 13:50 PM

Permanently Banned
Ita not really worth discussing.

Either play the game, or dont.

They get paid, either way, and they know it.
13 Aug 2013, 14:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Aug 2013, 13:37 PMalexctd

SC2's mutliplayer on release had so much more for the same price + it was released 3 years ago.

Well you have to consider that Blizzard also had several more months/years of development, almost unlimited funds and a much bigger staff :P
13 Aug 2013, 14:20 PM

Oh guys just be patient. All those features will come (hopefully). In the meantime do what I have been doing to keep the game fresh, try different strats, enter in a league, find friends online and play with them, play both factions, watch pro replays, and have fun. Sure the game isnt what it could be but its nothing that cant be added. Leaderboards, lobbies, etc. Will come. And if it doesnt im positive that will spell death for the game and SEGA doesnt want that will all the potential DLC.

I got my 60 $ worth, will it be like my experience with vcoh? Probably not ..
13 Aug 2013, 14:44 PM

If you guys are cut from the same bread I'd say the loaf was moldy. Just kidding but in all fairness what Sepha said isn't trolling. It's fact. Look at the balance issues and numbers after CoH when they added Brits and Panzer Elite. Ya there are some features Relic didn't have on release for CoH2 but sales of CoH2 were better than expected. That has helped Sega's quarterly profits and considering what went down with THQ I'd say were lucky this game saw the light of day. It could have been a lot worse. EA could have bought the studio and we'd be paying for each map for multiplayer. Given the game is less than 2 months old I can't see why a player or group of players can say a game is dead. (Not this thread but from others) Also saying the game is dying and too many players have left serves no purpose but to scare off future players who may see this. Instead of them buying and helping it grow they see what the nay sayer/doomsday nuts have to say after 45 days have passed and the game is still being balanced and features are being added. If the game declines that could very well be a contributing factor. So in other words you are not the cause but you would be making a post that would help the game die if that is the route it goes but even with all this trash that won't happen. The hardcore community would have to bail before that happens and I don't see that happening. 45 days is nothing in game years. Look at all the things Relic has talked about adding and all the stuff they haven't told us that the guys who toured Relic were told after signing an NDA. All things that will help the game grow.

Also being summer does keep people from playing if they have a family life. When it's nice and sunny I find myself taking the kid to the park or going to the outdoor pool. Come winter my but will be glued to this chair. (Literally) Add to that traveling during the summer time and many people find themselves playing less when they assumed they would play more. I have played 20 percent of what I did during beta and right after release due to the great weather and just enjoying the summer. In Canada we get 2-3 months of sun then the rest is all rain. I'll skip a few matches of CoH2 to enjoy the sun and soak up some vitamin D for the winter. Kinda like a squirrel storing it up for the long winter CoH2 sessions where I don't see the light of day.

So either play the game or bail but don't do it damage on the forums. (Ya I know this is public but for the good of the game don't make damaging claims you can't prove. It's only been a month and a half and there may be a lot of factors affecting player numbers.
13 Aug 2013, 15:04 PM

Going outside..psh....thats for the birds. I'd rather stay inside in front of my artificial lighted computrr screens and lamps getting that healthy wet sheen on my face.
13 Aug 2013, 15:04 PM

Also consider all the new players CoH2 has brought it in they will take some time before some of them make it to the multiplayer scene due to the steep learning curve. They will also need time before they are able to play and make it to be matched with the mid to high level vCoH players. Considering CoH2 sold 380,000 copies in the first fiscal quarter which ended July 1st I'd say the game has lot's of room to grow and tons of new players will find their way from Comp stomping and campaign play to 1v1 or 2v2 automatch eventually bumping the numbers. Some of those sales will never get there and be happy playing versus the AI for fun but I'd say CoH2 has sold over 500,000 copies (read that somewhere). Overall, I would say the Russian backlash about the story has only helped bring the game into the light. They have stopped selling it in Russia on some game sites but that's a knee jerk reaction. It may be damaging but it still created publicity for a game many people have never heard of. I had never heard of vCoH until I say a shoutcast by mistake many years ago and I'm glad I did. The amount of entertainment we get for a one time fee is amazing compared to going to the movies for $15 each ticket or even a monthly fee for cable TV.

The source of my Sega financial info:
Sega Q1 Info on VG247.com
13 Aug 2013, 15:07 PM

It's dead because it's mainly the bores who showed up early. Now that I'm here, sales will skyrocket.
13 Aug 2013, 15:10 PM

Going outside..psh....thats for the birds. I'd rather stay inside in front of my artificial lighted computrr screens and lamps getting that healthy wet sheen on my face.

I know right. What good is the sun. When I Stream you guys should see my face. I'm so pale from years of vampiristic gaming where I shut myself in for months on end it's really sad. I have a new born baby that's tanner than I am. If they had gaming diapers so you never had to get out of your chair I might buy them. Hey that's a good idea. Anyone want to partner on that idea. We'd be rich beyond our wildest dreams. Add to that a compartment in our PC with refrigeration for food and beverages which would also work for cooling and a small oven near our CPU drawing it's heat for cooking and people could literally game 24/7. Scratch the diaper they should sell chairs with bed pans in them. I think Cartman had one of those when he played Warcraft and got all fat from eating hot pockets all day and night. All we would need other than the toilet and food is a pillow top key board for some occasional sleep. Lol at myself. Sad right?
13 Aug 2013, 15:50 PM

Ah the "You cant compare COH with 7 years vs COH 2 with none" argument...

This is where logic is always great.

Wouldn't that 7 years of EXPERIENCE in COH be then APPLIED to COH 2?

You know - it's Company of Heroes 2 - so by all rights - shouldn't they have learned from mistakes and experiences made in 1?

Or is this a completely brand new game with zero connection and thus it's unfair to do such a comparison?

Then I say - wouldn't it be fair then for this game to not even be called "Company of Heroes' then....

Gee - I wonder how well sales would be then....

Bottom line - they spend 7 years making a great game even better - people are simply frustrated as to why none of this experience was taken to make the next game.

And then we get the reply of "You can't compare the two..."

Like I said before - AMD will be giving this game away with their new Never Settle pack - ironic though that if I bought a second card to run crossfire the game can't be played with crossfire...regardless, there will be more people coming into the game and keeping it going.

http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/graphics/display/20130729235500_AMD_Readies_New_Never_Settle_Bundle_Details_Unveiled.html
13 Aug 2013, 16:36 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post13 Aug 2013, 15:10 PMBode
I know right.

You have a kid. WTF are you doing.

Stop trying to pretend to be a hardcore gamer.
How many hours have you gamed in the last 7 days?
If it doesnt exceed 50% of total waking hours, you aint it.

There are several streamers here who do 6hrs average a day of streaming.
And they are the least anti-social overall. Im sure there are far more compulsive recluses around.

Why pretend to be a hardcore gamer, when you have a baby?
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 31
unknown 25
Peru 20
United Kingdom 195
Germany 35
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias