Login

russian armor

[USF] Thompson paratroopers

3 Jan 2018, 08:37 AM
Senior Caster Badge
Patrion 39

Yeah paras get the elite bazookas from weapon racks. I think it is fine having 2 upgrades available in each commander.

As for airborne being useless have you tried the revised p47 rocket strike? It is very strong and obers have received a few nerfs since the old days when airborne was popular making lmg paras stand out much more.
3 Jan 2018, 08:55 AM

The real question here is... do Airborne Paratroopers get "Elite" Bazookas if they get them from the weapon racks?

I have already answered this. All paras use Super bazooka regardless if they upgraded if the pick it up from racks.

The bonus for upgrading to 2 bazookas is the camo.

Actually the lmg/bazooka combo is broken. An AT unit that can suppress from vet 0.

I know. I probably spent more time with Recon than anyone else when it was still a terrible commander, but it doesn't change the fact that the weapons they had (stock) were inferior. Yes, the thompson squad was able to invest another 120 ammo (2 bars) to make them probably the most devastating close range unit (if you used Tactical Movement) ;)

The lmg squad was not able to buy another lmg, only to pick up one bar (only one weapon slot).

Its only a matter of opinion since you acknowledge that support paras could smg combos that normal paras couldn't do.

So imo if you compared their "stock" weapons paras come with carbines while support paras with smg/lmg/bazooka...
3 Jan 2018, 09:42 AM

Yeah paras get the elite bazookas from weapon racks. I think it is fine having 2 upgrades available in each commander.

As for airborne being useless have you tried the revised p47 rocket strike? It is very strong and obers have received a few nerfs since the old days when airborne was popular making lmg paras stand out much more.

Like i said, airborne has 3 upgrades, and normal para can get 2 super zooks.

I don't oubt it, but overall recon is just better, and 2 slots within airborne are still wasted on bad abilities, while the others are good but not enough to make the doctrine that good.
3 Jan 2018, 10:30 AM
Senior Caster Badge
Patrion 39

Like i said, airborne has 3 upgrades, and normal para can get 2 super zooks.

I don't oubt it, but overall recon is just better, and 2 slots within airborne are still wasted on bad abilities, while the others are good but not enough to make the doctrine that good.

Except picking up bazookas with airborne doesn't give them access to mines
3 Jan 2018, 11:13 AM

Except picking up bazookas with airborne doesn't give them access to mines

Just to clarify:
Support paras have mines regardless of weapons, but no demo.

If they upgrade to bazookas (not pick them up), they get ambush camo with an OP first strike bonus (+25% damage +25% penetration, ending up with more damage and penetration than schreks).
3 Jan 2018, 17:06 PM

Airborne is really good now, even with only 3 real abilities, Pathies, Paras and P47s all got buffed and made more appealing.
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★