Login

russian armor

New CoH Community Manager?

13 Jan 2018, 03:52 AM

Because of his passion for improving skills in game design the community was insistent neglected. Hope next CM will have them already.
9 Feb 2018, 04:15 AM
Patrion 310

Good luck to the Relic teams implementing the Amplitude business model (games2gether)? and/or expanding on UGC post-launch.

Very interesting and likely the best move Relic can do right now to regain credibility and keep fans from revolting in the future. This potentially means the CoH franchise and AoE4 will (over time) become part of https://www.games2gether.com/

Microsoft already has a modding community working on AoE DE's, https://www.forgottenempires.net/
During AoE Gamescom 2017, MS gave a lot of credit to modders and fans.

Amplitude production leader visit Relic studio - 10. nov. 2017
https://twitter.com/relicgames/status/928992404702744578
Hey @Amplitude! Thanks for letting us borrow @jbuiss0n. Don't let the poutine fool you -- he's been hard at work, we promise!

New Content (UGC)
Although we plan to continue releasing new in-game content in future updates, we will now be leveraging UGC such as vehicle skins and maps to help offer new gameplay experiences to the community. We hope that advances to COH2’s modding tools will also take place in the coming months, allowing additional forms of content to be created by the community as well - however this is still to be confirmed.

Quotes from Relic's DoW3 Thread (AMA / Q&A);
https://community.dawnofwar.com/discussion/15995/well-relic-q-a
@Ololo111 said:

show previous quotes
Ben, what are you going to do regain credibility? I'm afraid, silence won't help with that.

We have two projects in progress right now with teams who are really determined to prove our way forward with new ways of working. The plan is to show you that progress as those games progress, rather than tell you what it's going to be like today. Actions louder than words, and all that.

@Amoc said:

show previous quotes
This might be an unfair question (in which case I'm sorry) but I'm wondering if the Relic team has an assessment of primarily what went wrong with DoW III? I don't ask that as a blame game, but more generally where you think the biggest disconnects were between what fans wanted, and the experience that was delivered?

That's not an unfair question. It's a bit trickier to answer but that's okay. The root of the disconnect that we've focused on is iteration without player feedback. One of the biggest risks in making games is that you don’t fully see how a title will really play and feel until you’ve hit a point where it’s difficult to switch gears. From where we're sitting, bringing that early and ongoing player validation into our process is a big priority so well-intentioned decisions don't go long without feedback.

@PhilthyPhilPhD said:
@r_benb
Was the player retention (or lack thereof) that killed DoW3 or that not enough people bought it? Or both? Would appreciate any insight regarding any of the above questions. Thanks for trying and best of luck in the future with the next titles. I'm rooting for you guys to make your next game a success.

We were going to follow a similar model to our past releases but I can't get into the details.

Retention and sentiment were the two biggest measures we were watching most closely.

@Andtaxes said:
@r_benb
Is there a chance of a post-mortem as far as events go? Not to fling mud but as a general education sort of thing. I find it really fascinating how things work behind the scenes and some of the more dull, practical measures that have to be put into place influence larger design choices down the road.

Maybe...sort of? We're pouring all of our lessons learned into our other projects knowing that making them great is our best way forward. We'd love to share more on how that change is coming to life in the studio when we're able to talk more openly about those projects.
9 Feb 2018, 04:32 AM
Patrion 310

Nope.

Thank you for all the CM work while Relic is undergoing surgery ;)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 40
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment