Switching axis secondary weapons of support squads

Switching axis secondary weapons of support squads
Option Distribution Votes
22%
78%
Total votes: 9
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
28 Dec 2017, 03:23 AM

I am usually not the one to post on forums but I have had this idea for a while and I am wondering what others think of it.
I propose to switch the secondary weapons of the axis support squads. I have two reasons for this proposal, practical and aesthetic.
Practical
Ostheer support squads get MP40's as secondary's while OKW support squads get Kar98k's. This seems counterproductive to me because the Ostheer infantry style seems to be centered around keeping infantry at long range where they can make the most of there high accuracy and support weapon synergy. This goes double for the MG42 because it usually suppresses fast and this will result in infantry being at longer range it would just make more sense for them in terms of gameplay synergy to have Kar98k's. OKW in contrast to me seems more focused around aggression and mobility therefore the support squads would gain more benefit from a close range smg incase they get flanked.
Aesthetic
OKW with there late war volksgrenadiers seem in my eyes better suited to to have large amount of automatic weapons with there weaponteams because like one of the in game bulletins describes the volksgrenadiers where given a higher amount of automatic weaponry to compensate for there lack of man power. As for Ostheer, earlier in the war MP40's weren't nearly as wide spread as later in the war. I think would therefore look better and make more sense to give the Ostheer support squads Kar98k's
I understand these things came to be over years of game development and it works well as it is now but I do still think my idea hold ground. I don't know how hard it would be to implement these changes in a patch but since a lot of things are being changed lately it doesn't seems too extreme. Please do tell me what you guys think.
28 Dec 2017, 06:55 AM
Senior Caster Badge

"support squads would gain more benefit from a close range smg incase they get flanked. "

Well a mg42 can be flanked too.

But i think it is fine how it is, for me it would be more of a just aesthetic thing to do, the MG support member are not like very heavy affecting the kills a mg gets
28 Dec 2017, 14:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Dec 2017, 06:55 AMd0ggY
"support squads would gain more benefit from a close range smg incase they get flanked. "

Well a mg42 can be flanked too.

But i think it is fine how it is, for me it would be more of a just aesthetic thing to do, the MG support member are not like very heavy affecting the kills a mg gets

Well my point is that with the aggressive all or nothing playstyle of OKW this might be more likely to happen.

And as you put it it doesn't really matter that mutch indeed. so why not switch it around for aestetic reasons? It shouldn't´t be that hard to change, give the OKW support weapon teams the "volksgrenadier MP40" and give the Ostheer weaponteams the "Ostruppen Kar98k" so they wont start overperforming and sniping models left and right.
28 Dec 2017, 16:04 PM

There was a game where you would use volks to cover an mg position from enemy flanks.

Enemy grenades could punish this tactic, but upgrading volks with mp40s could punish any rushing flank attempts, let alone throw a grenade.

But the fact of the matter is that OKW is apparently supposed to mass infantry without putting team weapons to use. Suggesting that OKW players use an hmg is typically met with revulsion about making OKW a 'clone' of ostheer.
28 Dec 2017, 19:24 PM

There was a game where you would use volks to cover an mg position from enemy flanks.

Enemy grenades could punish this tactic, but upgrading volks with mp40s could punish any rushing flank attempts, let alone throw a grenade.

But the fact of the matter is that OKW is apparently supposed to mass infantry without putting team weapons to use. Suggesting that OKW players use an hmg is typically met with revulsion about making OKW a 'clone' of ostheer.

It's not, okw is supposed to support a mainline with a strong cqb squads until elite units comes.

I don't see how is that relevant to change this anyway...the dps if mp40 is negletible.
28 Dec 2017, 22:51 PM

It's logical but this is like asking about Ambulance's interior redesign :snfPeter:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★