Login

russian armor

Newbie here, what are the current best Ostheer doctrines?

22 Dec 2017, 05:04 AM

I played some on CoH1, so the mechanics aren't new. But I'm sitting here wondering which commander is better or not. I've googled and checked out youtube, but with the recent balance changes, everything seems outdated. I've got my eye on (1) jaeger infantry (2) assault support (3) spearhead. How good are these?

P.S. also does somebody want to explain why it's called Ostheer not Wermacht?
22 Dec 2017, 09:19 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Dec 2017, 05:04 AMiBeany
I played some on CoH1, so the mechanics aren't new. But I'm sitting here wondering which commander is better or not. I've googled and checked out youtube, but with the recent balance changes, everything seems outdated. I've got my eye on (1) jaeger infantry (2) assault support (3) spearhead. How good are these?

P.S. also does somebody want to explain why it's called Ostheer not Wermacht?

Hi and :welcome: to COH2 and COH.org

About the commanders, i think its to early to say which ones are the best for each faction because of the patch but there are still some good ones since the beginning.
Assault Support, Lightning War, Osttruppen (especially now after the revamp). I also like Spearhead a lot but more experienced Axis players can tell you more.
About Ostheer, i think they call it that because its the Army that fought in the East and Ost means East in German.
22 Dec 2017, 09:35 AM

Ostheer dont really need a commander to be effective.

Thats the nice thing about this super strong faction. It is nice to have some strong offmaps tho, like the JU-87 (Lightning War)

Learn how to use snipers and callin puma's (Mobile Defense) is strong aswell.

Wehrmacht is the name of the entire German army. In CoH2 There is a West faction (OKW) and a East faction - Ostheer.
2 Jan 2018, 13:30 PM

One thing, Ost is probably the hardest to play, they can be great, but take more effort to achieve.

COH2 is generally a bit more spammy in terms of inf assaults than COH1, which can make it difficult as Ost to keep your units alive.
2 Jan 2018, 15:33 PM

yeah, those a-move gren blobs are really hard to pull off
26 Apr 2018, 14:07 PM

Hi all, looking forward same info. Can anyone give some thoughts?

I heard the best ones have recon flight: fortified, joint, spearhead and blitz.

I also want to prove the mobile defense one, it seems the pumas call in could be a great great unit since can counter mediums and go stright for panthers and some stugs.
26 Apr 2018, 22:30 PM

Defense is best for countering enemy light vehicles especially if the map is very urban where AT guns are hard to move and Shreck PGs are expensive and slow to move around the map. Imo only one that is stronger is Elite troops as stun grenade allow you to punish players that rush your Grenadiers in close engagements.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★