Login

russian armor

How to deal with USF early vehicles?

20 Dec 2017, 19:49 PM

I feel like I'm getting run over by early USF vehicles like the jeep, m20 and AA-HT
Any ideas how to overcome them in the early game?

I feel my best option is to try to hold my fuel and get a 222 out so I too have a vehicle out.
Another option would be an MG, at least it can to some damage, but it is not as mobile as the vehicles.
20 Dec 2017, 19:58 PM

Your best bet is to, as you have already said, clever mg play (covered by grens so you can faust divers) into fast 222 which usually hardcounters any light vehicles.

AAHTs come usually later, after your tier 2. Your best bet then is a pak. AA halftracks have horrible pathing and die to 2 paks shots so he wont be able to push with it at all.

A clever teller mine is a good answer too.

I know that it is much more easily said than done, that's why I recommend you to upload a replay where you are struck against this particular playstyle, so we can review it and give you more valuable feedback.

Cheers,
Hector
6 Jan 2018, 15:06 PM

I really like using sprint (that is now given from doctrines with infantry cammo in), try to partially have a flank on the vehicle as much as possible, wait for him to be a tiny bit out of position and sprint a gren squad into faust range, I also use the +7% faust range bulletin to aid this further. From there you will probably need to move other grens in to do more fausts, its a real waste if he is allowed to slink off to repair.

Make sure you conserve probably all you munis early if you want to do this so you can do 3 fausts and a sprint.

Try to time it well, make sure you can deal a knock out blow, he wont expect it coming from your inf in such an aggresive way.

Later, you can do similar also using sprint to bring Shrek PGs into killing range or a crippled vehicle.
7 Jan 2018, 05:21 AM

MG-42 with APIT if you reach T1 will also remove it from the field quite literally instantly.
15 Jan 2018, 12:41 PM

Your best bet is to, as you have already said, clever mg play (covered by grens so you can faust divers) into fast 222 which usually hardcounters any light vehicles.

AAHTs come usually later, after your tier 2. Your best bet then is a pak. AA halftracks have horrible pathing and die to 2 paks shots so he wont be able to push with it at all.

A clever teller mine is a good answer too.

I know that it is much more easily said than done, that's why I recommend you to upload a replay where you are struck against this particular playstyle, so we can review it and give you more valuable feedback.

Cheers,
Hector

This is great

Another annoying TIP.

Hide your granadiers!!! Use the MG/MORTARS AS DECOY for the pesky gameplay about rushing light vehicles When they come running to kill your weapons teams

*) appear with your granadiers from the fog of war,and faust it!
*) if the MG have Veterancy get AP bullets and hit them ( Sustained fire over light vehicles can do some damage but is minimal, useful maybe to use one faust less).
*) use your mortars over the fausted vehicle., two lucky mortar shots can replace a faust (about).
*) if the Allied player was dumb enough to send the vehicle alone ( without any kind of support ).
*) chase it aggresively with your granadiers ¡ BUT BE CAREFUL MGs could be there ! if you get a good recon of that area that the tank is retreating a good smoke Coverage using your mortars can give enough time to kill them.

Note: Be careful regarding to MG positioning after the config change you can receive visits from enemy infantry 2 MGs is a must agaisnt USF/SOV enemies.

Thanks!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 3
Korea, Republic Of 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak