Login

russian armor

How do I pak howitzer?

• This thread is locked
27 Dec 2017, 20:54 PM

The WP barrage you get at vet 1 is lovely, especially its range. The WP and HEAT barrages have double the range of the auto-fire, so I often toss willy pete on a BG HQ to force them to back off of it.

Also I don't know how many other people realize this, cause I didn't until a couple months ago, but the HEAT barrage does a full 160 dmg to tanks if it hits. Only 3 shells but its pretty accurate with LOS so you can really put a hurt on some of the slower and larger targets in the game if you place it right.

I did not know that! Great info!
6 Aug 2018, 18:36 PM

Well it got and extremely long range.

and can punish static unit while staying safe.

its more of a coutner unit i guess but its good
7 Aug 2018, 06:27 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Hello there Kanjejou,

Please refrain from replying to threads where the last reply was over a month ago; if you would like to continue discussing a similar subject please open a new thread.

Thank you
8 Aug 2018, 16:39 PM

Its magic is when it gets vet.

It has like 3 different ammo types with vet.
11 Aug 2018, 08:32 AM

Its an overly expensive and largely useless unit. Buy mortars if you need indirect fire.
11 Aug 2018, 13:22 PM

It´s actually ok and much better than the USF mortar for countering static play.

After vet 2 it´s a reliable indirect fire unit that will also wipe a few units over the course of the game unless you are very unlucky or it gets decrewed all the time (no vet).
13 Aug 2018, 23:54 PM

It´s actually ok and much better than the USF mortar for countering static play.

After vet 2 it´s a reliable indirect fire unit that will also wipe a few units over the course of the game unless you are very unlucky or it gets decrewed all the time (no vet).

Have you tried to attack a Heavy panzer HQ halftrack with one of these? Between its extremely long recharge time, poor accuracy, and limited four round barrage it's hilarious. Seriously time it, measure how long it takes just one mortar to destroy the HQ vs a pack howizter.
14 Aug 2018, 01:58 AM

It's a really good unit, better than the leig at almost everything by my observations, but is a bit awkward to use because, as you have noticed, it's weird to try to screen with riflemen and have them fighting at the same time, and you don't have access to machine guns with it. You just kind of have to get used to babysitting it a lot but if you do, it'll do its job really well.
14 Aug 2018, 08:18 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Aug 2018, 23:54 PMCODGUY

Have you tried to attack a Heavy panzer HQ halftrack with one of these? Between its extremely long recharge time, poor accuracy, and limited four round barrage it's hilarious. Seriously time it, measure how long it takes just one mortar to destroy the HQ vs a pack howizter.

Use it to prepare a frontal attack, few players will insta-repair their Shewer so you can use it to take it to 60%/50% and then finish it with a offmap strick or tank rush.

It's a really good unit, better than the leig at almost everything by my observations, but is a bit awkward to use because, as you have noticed, it's weird to try to screen with riflemen and have them fighting at the same time, and you don't have access to machine guns with it. You just kind of have to get used to babysitting it a lot but if you do, it'll do its job really well.

Investing on a position isn't a bad idea, gives you a safe area to relocate the pak when needed
14 Aug 2018, 08:35 AM

It would be stupid if you could just build a Pak Howie and kill OKW T4s in no time...
14 Aug 2018, 09:43 AM

Four minutes for the Pack Howitzer.

Five and a half minutes for the USF mortar.

35 seconds for the correct tool for this job.
17 Aug 2018, 18:24 PM

The Pack Howitzer is really good this patch, I use it extensively nowadays and can only recommend people try it over mortars, unless you need smoke then the Mortar for sure it's better but for killing things it's the superior choice by far. Sometimes you get RNG shots that almost one shot a squad and one shot a wounded/depleted squad.
19 Aug 2018, 11:13 AM

You people realize I made this thread roughly 8 months ago?
20 Aug 2018, 03:10 AM

Save your MP and don't buy a pack howizter. The thing sucks. Sometimes I wonder if it's really an Axis ability where you convince your USF opponent to waste MP and pop buying one so they have less resources for other actually useful units.
21 Aug 2018, 17:11 PM

Mods please!
21 Aug 2018, 21:42 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

You people realize I made this thread roughly 8 months ago?

Mods please!

OP requests thread closure.

/

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment