Login

russian armor

Restoring Unused Announcer Voicelines?

18 Dec 2017, 02:04 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I'm not sure where to find the fields to modify for announcer voice lines. Up to now, I've been able to clone squads with the desired voice lines and edit them afterwards, but this obviously only works for squads that already have that voice line.

I am specifically looking for OKW's Honor Guard voice lines: "Honor Guard, reporting for duty," and "Honor Guard, detailed for action," from the announcer (as opposed to "Combat unit ready,").

On a related note, I'm also searching for a generic unit ready for Soviets as well as the Armored Reserves call in lines for OKH.

18 Dec 2017, 16:48 PM

The Honor Guard lines are not possible to add back in I'm afraid, there is no speech container making use of them.

A generic unit ready code doesn't exist for both Soviets and Wehrmacht. A dirty workaround is to use sound actions, problem with them is announcer speech overlapping and I'm not sure if other players can hear them as well. Didn't test thoroughly enough.

Soviets: sound\speech\mp\soviet\int\intel\playerability\sb_int_apl_kv8gen_nt_s
Wehrmacht: sound\speech\mp\german\gan\intel\playerability\xb_gan_apl_otrgen_nt_l

Armored Reserves should have the "arv" speech code.

19 Dec 2017, 01:55 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Honor Guard is at 5:59
This video has a lot of unused dialog. Under speech code 3 there are three letters/numbers. The three letters from the reference file is the first three before "gen." The Honor Guard lines should be "hgd" however this is there current speech code obers so it just may have been replaced entirely. Maybe Miragefla can re tell us how he converted the files again to see if it is still in there. The file is located in: soundspeechxp1english\data\sound\wav\speech\xp1\gameplay\west_german\event_confirmation\wgerman_intel session_1\keeper
19 Dec 2017, 08:31 AM

Honor Guard is at 5:59
This video has a lot of unused dialog. Under speech code 3 there are three letters/numbers. The three letters from the reference file is the first three before "gen." The Honor Guard lines should be "hgd" however this is there current speech code obers so it just may have been replaced entirely. Maybe Miragefla can re tell us how he converted the files again to see if it is still in there. The file is located in: soundspeechxp1english\data\sound\wav\speech\xp1\gameplay\west_german\event_confirmation\wgerman_intel session_1\keeper

I have "all" the files exported out and converted into .ogg format, if it would help I would be happy to upload it all to google drive and make it a public resource?
23 Dec 2017, 09:05 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Aye, it should work. You would just have to set the right code, right? The code is hgd. However, this is an ability code, so unless you plan on adding them back in old-style, you would have to add a dummy upgrade or ability to the squad.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★