Login

russian armor

Safe, Standard ostheer 1v1 build?

11 Aug 2013, 11:57 AM

I've been playing mostly Soviet and I'm getting bored. So I'm switching over a bit.

I was wondering if there was any consensus on a generic safe build that you could do in 1v1 as the Germans?

I've been doing something like pio-gren-gren-MG-Gren-healing-tech (possibly with an extra MG or gren depending on how it goes) and then going for pzgrens/flamer ht/pz4 as my next target. Does this sound about right?

I'm just looking for a starting point. You will of course have to adapt depending on what the Soviet player is doing (is he doing conscript spam or using scout cars for instance).

Any ideas appreciated.
11 Aug 2013, 12:04 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

I like to go gren/mg/gren or mg/gren/gren depending on the map.
Then I quickly buy the tech upgrade to be prepared for scout cars.
Then 3rd gren
When facing cons and no sign of scout cars get another gren. No engies?
build t2 and get a scour car without upgrade. Its pretty decent at harrassing and doing damage
I think you buy the healing tech a bit too early. 60 munis is a lot early game especially when facing scout cars.
11 Aug 2013, 12:05 PM

well for me , most efficent was Gren+Gren+Gren+MG42 , after that its very situational and map dependend:

- if soviet is aggresive and sticks to buildings mortar is good,
- if he goes maxim , or mass cons sniper or another mg will suffise
- if enemy goes m3 , you rush 221/222 SC (if enemy alrdy has guard squad save up for 2x Scout Cars and upgrade one)

After that Halftrack 251 is a must, just for the reinforce part, and if you got plenty ammo upgrade flamer (but i prefer 2x LMGs on my grens) after that 1 or 2 PGrens followed by possible Pak
Upgrade T3 after that and if enemy masses infantry make Ostwind , for everything else there is Panzer4

NOTE: LMG may be better than flamer upgrade on HF because your Gren teams has more sustain and can hold a flank on his own even vs 2 Conscript team or HTD + ppsh (LMG in the house rly tears enemy but be careful from molotovs)
Nothing special, but gets me thru games...
Cheers
Two
11 Aug 2013, 21:25 PM

3 pios -> t2 -> 1x pio flamer upgrade -> pgren -> HT -> your judgement

1st pio caps a strat point and the fuel, second pio caps a strat point nearby first pio. 3rd pio depends on the map, if its a large one go the other side of the map and cap, if a smaller map, stay on the half with other pios.

As soon as the fuel is capped or 5 seconds later you can tech to T2.

Usually you will run into a unit by now, group your pios to win or get in a building, just make sure they dont get your fuel, or atleast delay them. By the time T2 is done you will have fuel for the building so retreat one pio back (lone one if you split pios) and build it.

Build a pgren instantly, and send towards the side you got the fuel on, back up the pios and charge down anything, if they get in a building, just go cap their stuff.

As soon as the pgren is finished building you can usually insta build a HT, use that to push units out of cover, reinforce your troops and/or shove a pio in a go decap everything of theirs.

Good HT usage will win games tbh, your units are pinned? Go pick them up, flank the mg and ko them or run away to support other units. Your lone pios being attacked on the other side of the map, run the pios back and bring the HT with pgrens in and drop them on their units for insta rape.

After this use your judgement, if they continue with infantry then fire out another pgren or 2, if they go for their own armour get an upgun SC, do whatever you feel will work best.

And of course be a pro player during this, lay lots of wire, crush their cover with your HT, get a medic bunker at your HQ, get mines maybe, get a minesweeper if you must.

I find T1 to be pretty much useless, grens are shit and pretty pointless after 10 mins, everything else is usefull, but, pgrens will dominate early game. Nothing can take their firepower, if they're in cover rush with a flamer, they will prob shoot the flamer which means your pgrens are right next to them at full HP for insta rape.
13 Aug 2013, 14:37 PM

MG42 --> 3x Gren --> T2 --> Whatever's needed from there.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 52
Poland 13
United States 17
Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %