Login

russian armor

[DBP] Known bugs/issues in DBP v2.0

12 Dec 2017, 15:16 PM

We've recently done a recheck of all gamefiles that are part of the mod to ensure that everything is configured properly.

Given that v2.0 is the final public version of the mod, I thought I should give people a heads up about the issues we've discovered that are present in DBP's final public release (which will be addressed in the live version).

KV-8
- Had lower veterancy thresholds than live-game. Unintended; was carried over from FBP files by accident

Bulldozer Sherman
- Was still benefiting from FBP changes to veterancy

Soviet Crew Repairs
- Still drains 50% of munitions income, despite what was announced for v2.0

DSHK
- Deals 0 suppression vs infantry due to a missing modifier. The bug was introduced at somepoint around v1.3(?) when anti-air QoL changes were reverted (carried over from FBP; but were never intended to be introduced in DBP)

Fallschirmjagers
- Veterancy5 +15% accuracy modifier was missing
- Fallschirmjagers can capture territory while still airborne

USF 76mm sherman
- Is using 75mm Sherman Vet2/Vet3 modifiers instead of the intended Soviet 76mm veterancy modifiers

OKW flak emplacement
- The range indicator for the emplacement disappears after the emplacement has been built

Conscript AT nade/infiltration nades/assault nades
- They are not benefiting from the responsiveness/animation fixes other grenades have been benefiting from since v2.0

Vanguard Glider
- It was still possible to activate Vanguard Glider retreat point before teching to T3. This went against the intent of delaying all FRP options until later in the game

Let us know if you find any other last-minute bugs.
12 Dec 2017, 15:23 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Opel Blitz retains death crits (like kubel, IRHT in live)
12 Dec 2017, 16:26 PM
Senior Referee Badge

Idk if its suppossed to but ill still ask, the pak 43 of okw can't do "prioritize vehicle". It's only ability is hold fire.
12 Dec 2017, 16:30 PM

Idk if its suppossed to but ill still ask, the pak 43 of okw can't do "prioritize vehicle". It's only ability is hold fire.

Pak43 and 17 pounder no longer have access to prioritise vehicles. That's because prioritise vehicles is permanently on for both units.

That way you also get rid of the ugly superfluous rotating yellow shield icon on the top.

Opel Blitz retains death crits (like kubel, IRHT in live)

That's a bit annoying. However, since we've locked the build, we want to avoid non high-priority changes that span multiple files.
12 Dec 2017, 17:10 PM

snip

I've also noticed that currently Volks can use flame grenades even when a SWS truck isn't on the field (or even in queue for that matter)
12 Dec 2017, 17:17 PM

I've also noticed that currently Volks can use flame grenades even when a SWS truck isn't on the field (or even in queue for that matter)

That's intended as a countermeasure for early garrison-camping (and potential Maxim-spam) against OKW.

I think that was introduced around the time OKW veterancy nerfs were announced. Is that missing from the notes?
12 Dec 2017, 17:33 PM

That's intended as a countermeasure for early garrison-camping (and potential Maxim-spam) against OKW.

I think that was introduced around the time OKW veterancy nerfs were announced. Is that missing from the notes?

The last mention of flame grenades was 1.4

"BUG FIXES & QUALITY OF LIFE CHANGES
Fixed an issue where Walking Stuka barrages would not share cooldown
Volks flame grenade now available when truck hits the field (as advertised last update) "

Good to know though. Thanks for your hard work~
12 Dec 2017, 19:38 PM

Pak43 and 17 pounder no longer have access to prioritise vehicles. That's because prioritise vehicles is permanently on for both units.

That way you also get rid of the ugly superfluous rotating yellow shield icon on the top.

Would that be too much to ask for all AT Guns? :p
12 Dec 2017, 20:10 PM

no they have a crew that can kill sometime(sometimes) pak 43 and 17 dont have the crew
12 Dec 2017, 20:15 PM

I wanted to do that; limit AT guns to attack buildings (to bust emplacements/bunkers) and vehicles only, and to remove the ugly overhead yellow icon. However, Miragefla vetoed it and the proposal never got through :p

I also wanted to do the same for dedicated TDs (which would also save players from having to click the prioiritise vehicle button every damn time they re-enter the Jackson). Same result.

For generalist tank etc prioiritise vehicle, I also wanted to change the overhead ugly and intrusive yellow icon with the squad-shield padlock from brace. That way it takes up less space, and you can also keep track of unit status from the unit shields in the top-right, or also from the tactical minimap. Same story :(
12 Dec 2017, 20:55 PM
Donator 22

For generalist tank etc prioiritise vehicle, I also wanted to change the overhead ugly and intrusive yellow icon with the squad-shield padlock from brace. That way it takes up less space, and you can also keep track of unit status from the unit shields in the top-right, or also from the tactical minimap. Same story :(

And whats Mirageflas reasoning behind this? It sounds great.
12 Dec 2017, 21:23 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

For most AT gun crew I don't see the reasoning behind not locking prioritize vehicles. The raketen however I occasionally use to cloak and hunt snipers with those volk model crew members. :megusta: Getting changed to worse stats in DBP anyways though.
12 Dec 2017, 22:12 PM

no they have a crew that can kill sometime(sometimes) pak 43 and 17 dont have the crew

Pak 43's have a crew and Prioritize Vehicles only applies to the main gun.

I wanted to do that; limit AT guns to attack buildings (to bust emplacements/bunkers) and vehicles only, and to remove the ugly overhead yellow icon. However, Miragefla vetoed it and the proposal never got through :p

I also wanted to do the same for dedicated TDs (which would also save players from having to click the prioiritise vehicle button every damn time they re-enter the Jackson). Same result.

Blah that sucks! I'm sure he has his reasons, but having to click "prioritize vehicles" on every AT gun I build or recrew, and every tank destroyer I build or crew, is one of the most annoying parts of the game for me. As far as unit mechanics go, it just feels like unnecessary micro.

What would he think about prioritize vehicles as the default, and free-fire (shoot anything) as the toggle?
12 Dec 2017, 22:18 PM

Blah that sucks! I'm sure he has his reasons, but having to click "prioritize vehicles" on every AT gun I build or recrew, and every tank destroyer I build or crew, is one of the most annoying parts of the game for me. As far as unit mechanics go, it just feels like unnecessary micro.

What would he think about prioritize vehicles as the default, and free-fire (shoot anything) as the toggle?

I want to get rid of the ugly yellow shield that, anyway, disappears when there's trees or smoke or whatever. There's no suitable icon to signify "Free-fire"
12 Dec 2017, 22:24 PM

I'm not sure, but OKW sturmpio with shrek in the priority attack inf, and they start attacing tanks only after a direct order. Its not a DBP bug, i saw that issue in live ver of a game many times.
12 Dec 2017, 22:42 PM
Donator 11

Maybe it would at least be possible to enable this ability on default when build/recrewed? That way we can still disable it to keep miragefla happy but we don't have to click that button so many times.
12 Dec 2017, 22:56 PM

Maybe it would at least be possible to enable this ability on default when build/recrewed? That way we can still disable it to keep miragefla happy but we don't have to click that button so many times.

The return of investment is too low, unless we're getting rid of the ugly overhead button the majority of the time, when the AT gun is in normal (prioritise vehicles) mode :P

12 Dec 2017, 23:35 PM

could we know what was miragefla oppinion on that when you guys had that discussion, so we could see the whole picture?
13 Dec 2017, 14:05 PM

That's a bit annoying. However, since we've locked the build, we want to avoid non high-priority changes that span multiple files.

IMO a better UI solution would be having the prioritize vehicle button displayed on the right menu but not clickable as it is intended with camouflage.
The way it is right now could lead to irritation as to why the button has been removed.

But I understand that there are higher priorities.
13 Dec 2017, 16:31 PM

M8 have not a anti-vecihle icon on top of the model, when button is active:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/209219790
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment