Login

russian armor

2v2 usf infantry company

12 Dec 2017, 09:21 AM

been playing around with usf a lot lately, and been watching some streams and im here to show you how to abuse usf to the MAX

build order:
rifle
rifle
rifle
lieutenant
ambulance
weapon racks > 1 zook on RE 1 zook on rifle, transition overtime into 1 zook 1 bar/lmg on every squad
m20 (situational)
mortar halftrack
50cal
mortar halftrack
50cal
major
scott/jackson
scott/jackson

in an ideal scenario where you dont lose any units this is the build order. the focus of the build is to assert infantry dominance in the midgame, using 50cals to contain enemy infantry, mortar halftracks to apply constant manpower bleed and damage against enemy infantry, and using your own infantry as bazooka and lmg screens against the luchs and 222.
if you follow the build closely and the match is some what even, you should have atleast 2 zooks and a few vet 1 rifles to stave off the luchs push at 6:00 min.

Mortar halftrack:
dies in 2 shots to AT
40 fuel, delays tech
really accurate
has berry good white phosphorous
very mobile
cant be counter barraged
cant be stukad
can only be killed by cloaked raketens or diving light vehicles

using double mortar halftrack bound to 1 control group, just continuosly right click stationary infantry squads and use the barrage ability on weapon teams. there is actually no counter to the mortar halftrack if you play this right. if you keep it behind your rifle and 50cal screen, pumas, luchs, and 222s wont be able to kill the mortar halftracks before you can kill them. even if they do dive and manage to take one out, your infantry screen should be able to snare and just zook it down. the most dangerous thing to be aware of is cloaked raketens sneaking up, especially when your mortar halftracks are pushed up trying to barrage a schwerer or medic truck. just have good awareness and micro!

also if you manage to secure the early game advantage in fuel and munitions, plant some mines with ur riflemen to help prevent a light vehicle rush totally fucking you up.

axis infantry has a tendency to overwhelm allied infantry in the mid game, the reason being in my opinion that they dont have to go back to base to upgrade their weapons, where as allied infantry need to tech and go back to base. to prevent this, constantly be upgrading your squads with lmgs (or bars on certain maps like dusseldorf), and use ur riflemen and 50cals in tandem to contain enemy infantry. a suppressed squad is combat ineffective. remember, your riflemen are mostly their to hold the line and deal a little bit of damage, the main infantry killer should really be the mortar halftracks.

if executed correctly, the game should be going in your favor as the late game comes around. in the best case scenario, panzer4s come out around the 16 minute mark, and by that time your whole army should have 1 zook per squad (RE, rifle, rifle, rifle, lt - atleast 5 zooks), and you can go double jacksons to really fuck enemy mediums up. ideally the enemy infantry will be low vet due to you wiping all their starting shit with your mortar halftrack, and your own rifles will be vet 3 with lmgs letting you just roll around the map as you please.

as the late game progresses, youll probably mis micro or the enemy will do some reckless armor rush to kill your halftracks, in that case just replace them with scotts. try to maintain 2x jacksons to help deal with armor, and keep your rifles alive.

matchups:
ostheer - just mind the mg42 during the first fight. where theres a pioneer, theres an mg42. u really have to flex ur infantry flanking skills until ur mortar halftrack comes out to barrage the mg42. 222s arent really a threat to ur mortar halftracks, as long as u have vet 1 rifles and a zook or two around. grens get fucked by mortar halftracks. careful for the p4 rush, remember to get zooks

okw-battlegroup - theres no counter to your mortar halftracks here, other than cloaked raketens somehow getting past ur rifles. pretty easy mid game, just completely contain with 50cals and kill with mortars. white phosphorous on the battlegroup to be berry annoying. watch out for the jp4/pz4.

okw-mechanized - a little mroe scary cause of the luchs, but with proper awareness they cant really do much. keep their infantry contained and retreat backing to base with the mortar ht and 50cal, and just keep ur rifles screening. no one makes pumas anyways. their tanks will be delayed.

some replays if u want to watch.

•  

•  

•  

good luck out their lads :))))

special thnx to troyd for inspiring this
12 Dec 2017, 09:31 AM

After patch this strat will be more or less effective?
12 Dec 2017, 09:36 AM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Dec 2017, 09:31 AMStark

what patch :huh:
12 Dec 2017, 09:37 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Dec 2017, 09:31 AMStark

i suspect itll be pretty much the same, the only major change is the jackson buff, and then 50cals going from 5 pop to 7. mortar halftracks (the core of this strategy) remain untouched. the luchs comes out much later so it gives u more time to prepare.
12 Dec 2017, 10:52 AM

this is honestly pretty viable in 1v1's as well. The mortar ht is just a criminally underused unit for how good it is.
12 Dec 2017, 13:07 PM

Nice strat. The Mortar HT is indeed underused.

Have you tried the "old" In before the blitz Airborne strat recently?

What im missing in this strat is sight. Its crucial for 50cals, Scot and Jacksons. Also dont like putting zook on riflemen.

Try this Airborne build in them 2v2's:

Rifle
Rifle
Rifle
Ambulance
Pathfinders

Captain
Drop 50cal
Stuart
Pakhowie or ATGUN (optional, when floating shitloads/situational)

2x Scots
2x Jackson

Put double zooks on RE (get minesweeper first so they are hidden) and Pathfinders. BARS's on Riflemen

When your Stuart is alive when Scots hits the field: swap crews. Keep Pathfinders with zooks near scots to spot and protect. Vet3 pathfinders with zooks dont miss btw :D

Also dont forget to use supervise with captain to rush the Stuart and the Scots.

12 Dec 2017, 13:28 PM

Old strat, you're late :sealed:. The strat works better with 4xHTMortar, you don't really need Scott when your HTm are V3 by the time you call your major.
My clan played a lot with this strat 6 months ago to the point I was asking every time to not use it in internal games. The only counter is build 3 or 4 222 or Luch, flank and target the HTm pack but this strat is so special that nobody imagine to do that. Its an all-in vs all-in.
12 Dec 2017, 18:55 PM

Nice strat. The Mortar HT is indeed underused.

Have you tried the "old" In before the blitz Airborne strat recently?

What im missing in this strat is sight. Its crucial for 50cals, Scot and Jacksons. Also dont like putting zook on riflemen.

Try this Airborne build in them 2v2's:

Rifle
Rifle
Rifle
Ambulance
Pathfinders

Captain
Drop 50cal
Stuart
Pakhowie or ATGUN (optional, when floating shitloads/situational)

2x Scots
2x Jackson

Put double zooks on RE (get minesweeper first so they are hidden) and Pathfinders. BARS's on Riflemen

When your Stuart is alive when Scots hits the field: swap crews. Keep Pathfinders with zooks near scots to spot and protect. Vet3 pathfinders with zooks dont miss btw :D

Also dont forget to use supervise with captain to rush the Stuart and the Scots.

initially i was pretty reluctant to put the zooks on the riflemen, and just got 2x on the RE. then i realized if my RE squad wasnt around the luchs can do whatever it wants, so i just put 1 bazooka on everyone. if u combine it with the lmg it makes up for the lost dps. the mortar halftracks are the ones really doing the bulk of the killing anyways. sight can be an issue, but nothing that a bunch of beefy vet 3 rifles running around cant fix.

your build looks interesting tho, ive never considered putting zooks on pathfinders. i dont see a lot of wipe potential compared to the mortar halftracks however.
12 Dec 2017, 18:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Dec 2017, 13:28 PMEsxile

Old strat, you're late :sealed:. The strat works better with 4xHTMortar, you don't really need Scott when your HTm are V3 by the time you call your major.
My clan played a lot with this strat 6 months ago to the point I was asking every time to not use it in internal games. The only counter is build 3 or 4 222 or Luch, flank and target the HTm pack but this strat is so special that nobody imagine to do that. Its an all-in vs all-in.

4 ht seems a bit too overboard, very all in as you say. if they rush a p4/stug and your screen isnt in position you can lose the game right there. ill give it a shot sometime though.
12 Dec 2017, 19:26 PM

One LMG and One Bazooka work really well on Riflemen, as does One BAR and one Bazooka, as in 1vs1 you will see less "lone squad vs lone squad" but more organized pushes of 2-3 Squads in groups trying to encircle the enemy and destroy units or wipe squads.
12 Dec 2017, 20:11 PM

4 ht seems a bit too overboard, very all in as you say. if they rush a p4/stug and your screen isnt in position you can lose the game right there. ill give it a shot sometime though.

I haven't see a Pz4/Stug rush working, because you have only one of them and 2 squads equiped with zooks will stop you. 4 HTmortars is a thing, your infantry can't do shit.

The best bet is amassing 222 or Luchs and a suicidal flank mission.
12 Dec 2017, 21:13 PM

Tried this in a 1v1 on Langres. Very effective and obnoxious. My opponent wasn't the greatest player, but still highlights how effective this is.

12 Dec 2017, 21:21 PM

Permanently Banned
Finally somthing new here, interesting strat.
12 Dec 2017, 21:55 PM

Good strat, I've been using a pretty similar build after seeing Cheese Tonkatsu's Captain variant (Fighting positions + AT Guns instead of .50s + zooks). Mortar Halftrack still uses the same stats as the old US Turbo-mortar, its no surprise its as brutal as it is.
12 Dec 2017, 22:21 PM

Good ol USF mortar HT. The unit time forgot. ;)

Out of curiosity, what is the situation that the m20 is useful? I always struggle with its mp cost and often end up using it as a glorified minelayer.
12 Dec 2017, 22:42 PM

Good ol USF mortar HT. The unit time forgot. ;)

Out of curiosity, what is the situation that the m20 is useful? I always struggle with its mp cost and often end up using it as a glorified minelayer.

i messed around with getting the m20 as fast as i can and trying to lay a mine so i can bait the luchs. people forget those things exist. it can definitely be game winning if an enemy vehicle runs over a mine in the mid/late game as well. the main hump most usf players have to learn is managing manpower in the early game so that you can start pumping out manpower expensive units such as the ambulance/m20/50cal etc etc. just knowing when to fight, taking good engagements, making sure your wounded are healed up etc, all this will help you start to float manpower more. the most important units to be afraid of is the sturmpioneer, since it can inflict the most manpower damage in a short period of time, and also the mg42, since it can force your squad to retreat prematurely and therefore lose the early game and map control.
12 Dec 2017, 23:04 PM

Okay, so as a glorified minelayer. :D

Similarly I've had good results over the years sneaking tellers with my first 60 munis as ostheer.

Sneaky AT mines can be risky, but man can they pay off.
12 Dec 2017, 23:08 PM

In patch:
1) Mortar Half Track (Replaces 155mm Artillery)
We are experimenting with adding light artillery options to the commander. We are adjusting the Mortar HT performance to make it better able to support a mobile army when advancing.

Fuel cost reduced from 40 to 30
Smoke barrage added (on a separate cooldown from all other barrages)
(also affects Infantry Commander mortar halftrack)

2) M21 Mortar Half-Trac
* We found that M21 halftrack's value for its cost was out of alignment.
* Barrage attack scatter now matches the 250 81mm mortar
* Auto-attack reload time increased from 4 seconds to 5 seconds
* HP reduced from 320 to 240
12 Dec 2017, 23:09 PM

Okay, so as a glorified minelayer. :D

Similarly I've had good results over the years sneaking tellers with my first 60 munis as ostheer.

Sneaky AT mines can be risky, but man can they pay off.

i mean, its a little more than that, it definitely helps against enemy MGs since u can snipe them and deal some damage before ur rifles focus it down, and is really good at dealing with harassing squads in big maps. its basically a mobile unsuppressable lmg
13 Dec 2017, 06:46 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Dec 2017, 23:08 PMOdin
In patch:
1) Mortar Half Track (Replaces 155mm Artillery)
We are experimenting with adding light artillery options to the commander. We are adjusting the Mortar HT performance to make it better able to support a mobile army when advancing.

Fuel cost reduced from 40 to 30
Smoke barrage added (on a separate cooldown from all other barrages)
(also affects Infantry Commander mortar halftrack)

2) M21 Mortar Half-Trac
* We found that M21 halftrack's value for its cost was out of alignment.
* Barrage attack scatter now matches the 250 81mm mortar
* Auto-attack reload time increased from 4 seconds to 5 seconds
* HP reduced from 320 to 240

pretty neat, the health change is pretty significant but i dont think it should be too much of an issue.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★