Login

russian armor

Ask the Strategist!

PAGES (38)down
12 Feb 2018, 10:52 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

So haven't played the game in some months, how do you counter Tiger Ace as USF in 1v1, I used 2 Jackson and the most I can do is force him back while his TA just wipe my inf left and right.

Play on time.

His economy will be death after some time. And yes jackson is a good choice
12 Feb 2018, 10:54 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

On the other end of the spectrum, which Wehrmacht doctrine would you consider the worst for 3v3 and 4v4? I've been trying to break out of my comfort zone of Elite Troops/Spearhead/Lightning War so I want to know which ones to keep in mind.

A) Jaeger Armor
B) Lightning War ( with or without the tiger. Atm i prefer the doc without the tiger!)
C) Spearhead / opelbitz truck doc
26 Feb 2018, 14:55 PM

(asking for a friend who uses Breakthrough Doctrine in our 3v3 games)

Should he consider calling in a Sturm Offizier at some point? If yes at what point and under which condidtions?

Thank you, mighty strategists. (also for the last replies to my questions)

26 Feb 2018, 15:17 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

(asking for a friend who uses Breakthrough Doctrine in our 3v3 games)

Should he consider calling in a Sturm Offizier at some point? If yes at what point and under which condidtions?

Thank you, mighty strategists. (also for the last replies to my questions)

Yes the offizier is awesome, because of teamshare effects too.
When you have your 3-4 volks you can bring him already. And use the abilites! Both are nice.

Like when infrot of you is a shock or guarde use the mark target on him.
But normally use it behind your lines or you will make a fullretread xD

So its more about a early-midgame unit. In lategame can be too much indirect fire, which can kill him and then you have fullretread
2 Mar 2018, 15:15 PM

Hi :)
I have some questions regarding OKW in 4v4 with 2-3 Randoms:

- How to counter early mg-spam (soviet)?
- Wich doctrines complement each other the best? I am currently running Luftwaffe/Scavenge/Elite
Panzer or Breakthrough but i am stuck on Luftwaffe most of the times in order to have access to
strong close combat units and smoke screen.

- When to save up to a Kingtiger /Panther instead of getting some midgame tanks like p4?

Thanks in advance, noobi
7 Mar 2018, 12:22 PM

Hi all

I'm a new player to coh 2 :( but i played so much time on coh1 .

I'm played so much time as soviets, i'm a level 9 1v1 noob player :D

If i come to my questions:

Firstly i love the shock troops, they are killing every inf when used in close combat. But i saw on streamers nobody uses shocks , i'm curious why nobody uses about that.( i know about guards strong anti tank and button ability) Shocks works for me maybe my noob level they are trying blobs.

Secondly is it good to left middle of map in first 5 minutes ? because of always they are waiting with mgs or sturmpios. (For example semoskiy, kholodina)

7 Mar 2018, 12:38 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Mar 2018, 15:15 PMn00biE
Hi :)
I have some questions regarding OKW in 4v4 with 2-3 Randoms:

- How to counter early mg-spam (soviet)?
- Wich doctrines complement each other the best? I am currently running Luftwaffe/Scavenge/Elite
Panzer or Breakthrough but i am stuck on Luftwaffe most of the times in order to have access to
strong close combat units and smoke screen.

- When to save up to a Kingtiger /Panther instead of getting some midgame tanks like p4?

Thanks in advance, noobi

Hi, sorry for the last response.

1. When soviet goes for maxims spam they have less units on the field. So can outcap and outwalk him.
2. Use your nades. You don't need anymore any tech to throw them.
3. You can go for Isg and okw flakhft.
4. Or wait for walking stuka to wipe then all his weaponteams.
5. Tell your wehrmacht mates to build Mortar. Wehrmachtmortar are super great!

Docs:
Commandopanther is on one the best. You have cheap supernades, CM and important: The flares. They don't use a recon so enemies can't see it so easy and also can't kill it.
Breaktrough is also a good doc for longrange map for the JT.
As the 3th one the new luftwaffe is great. The Airstrike now shoots on tanks too!

Panther is on closerange and midrange maps good. Tho atm okw panther are not so worth it. So better go for a OKW P4 or a jagdtpanzerIV vs their tankdestoryer.

KT is good, when they spam alot of inf and weaponteams. But don't let this unit alone. And don't bring it on Maps like Steppe. When you have no Jp4 or JT support vs jacksons/ su85s.
7 Mar 2018, 12:40 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

Hi all

I'm a new player to coh 2 :( but i played so much time on coh1 .

I'm played so much time as soviets, i'm a level 9 1v1 noob player :D

If i come to my questions:

Firstly i love the shock troops, they are killing every inf when used in close combat. But i saw on streamers nobody uses shocks , i'm curious why nobody uses about that.( i know about guards strong anti tank and button ability) Shocks works for me maybe my noob level they are trying blobs.

Secondly is it good to left middle of map in first 5 minutes ? because of always they are waiting with mgs or sturmpios. (For example semoskiy, kholodina)

Shocks are good in closerange yes.
But on midrage- longrange they lose.
They are very expensive from call in and reinforce.
Try cons with ppsh, you will love it :)

Vs okw its fine when you play save first as soviet. Especially when you tech t1 or t2 at the start.
15 Jun 2018, 01:30 AM

Hello,

I've been playing 2v2 AT almost exclusively lately — we play double ostheer. We've been continually running into troubles facing British. It seems that once a bofors is up, the game is basically over. The bofors allows for mortar pits, which eviscerate infantry and eventually lead to the total sim city of a map. Even if we take the remainder of a map, it seems that emplacements are often powerful enough to allow for comebacks.

We've used separate mortars to attack the pits, we've laid down down smoke for a flame halftrack, we've used the flame mortars on the mortar halftrack — the brace ability just makes it so difficult to take out the emplacements.

So, I am wondering if you have any general strategies to beat this British turtling strategy.

Thanks in advance.
15 Jun 2018, 06:34 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

Hello,

I've been playing 2v2 AT almost exclusively lately — we play double ostheer. We've been continually running into troubles facing British. It seems that once a bofors is up, the game is basically over. The bofors allows for mortar pits, which eviscerate infantry and eventually lead to the total sim city of a map. Even if we take the remainder of a map, it seems that emplacements are often powerful enough to allow for comebacks.

We've used separate mortars to attack the pits, we've laid down down smoke for a flame halftrack, we've used the flame mortars on the mortar halftrack — the brace ability just makes it so difficult to take out the emplacements.

So, I am wondering if you have any general strategies to beat this British turtling strategy.

Thanks in advance.

Hey, MG and mortar are your friends vs brits. When you can micro it, sniper is also very powerful in early game.
When you fight vs Sim city you have two options:
A) Go to the other side of the map.
B) attack together step by step the emplacements. 2 Wehrmacht mortar on Max range will kill the bofors, after that attack it. Also when the bofors is in brace you can push with the flamer hft, because the flame damage goes through brace and damage over time. Wehrmacht pak or Stug can help too to kill emplacements.

Edit:

u can add me , and we can play some 2v2 at, and i could maybe give a five tips.

always nice to see that some new players ask for help before saying that the game isnt balanced.
https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198125777181/
16 Jun 2018, 06:01 AM

Hi,

So I started playing this game 3 months ago, this is my first RTS game, I used to be a MOBA player so I'm totally horrible at managing multiple unit. However, I'm getting better at it.

I mainly play Axis and prefer 2v2 / 3v3 with my friends. There are some questions I would like to ask

1) Is SU is a better faction than Wehrmact in general? because from my view point their units are just too multi purpose, conscript can have AT grenades, molotov, oorah , or penals are still pretty strong against infantry even with PTRS

2) How do you use Tiger VI effectively? I never managed get my Tiger VI to Vet3, and it's really hard to support sometimes when soviets got KV-1 flametank, the Incendiary Artillery Barrage, IL2 Sturmovik, they just kills / force my infantry to retreat, and then ram my tiger with their tank and throw a satchel charge

3) Is it worth to invest in sniper when playing 2v2? i managed to get 10-20 kills with my sniper, i tried to use it since I start watching some games that are casted by tightrope / stormless

4) how do you decide to take which point in 2v2? my friends and I usually decided to hold 1 fuel and the middle VP, I'm not sure if this is a good idea. The problem with this is sometimes the enemy just start to cut off from the unguarded fuel points until near my base, how do I deal with this?

5) Is 2 grenadier is enough ? also what happened if you vet 3 grenadier gets squad wiped? do you start replacing with a new grenadier? I find unveted grenadier sucks in the mid / late game
17 Jun 2018, 20:17 PM

Hello,

I played a lot vs AI and now i want to start playing some multi, so i have a few questions:

1. Which bulletins for each faction is the best and works on every occasion?

2. I have only starter commander. To which faction should i buy additional commander?

3. I bought ToW DLC's and i didn't get commander from it. I have read that i should get two for SU and Wehr. Did they removed that?

Thx for answering.
20 Jun 2018, 12:04 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

Hello,

I played a lot vs AI and now i want to start playing some multi, so i have a few questions:

1. Which bulletins for each faction is the best and works on every occasion?

2. I have only starter commander. To which faction should i buy additional commander?

3. I bought ToW DLC's and i didn't get commander from it. I have read that i should get two for SU and Wehr. Did they removed that?

Thx for answering.

1. Bulletins are not that important. They are nice to have but not game breaking. Bulletins where you get faster EXP is always good, or more range for faust/ nades etc. Or penetration for allies tank destroyer.

- OKW is fine with starter commander
- Wehrmacht: Jaeger armor ( Elefant + stukadive bomb)
- Soviet: Guarde+ Isu, and guarde mortar(120mm mortar and 85er)
- USA: Priest / pershing doc
- Brits: Landmartz doc+ flamerpios

3. No idea tbh, maybe have a look here: https://community.companyofheroes.com/categories/coh2-general-discussion

20 Jun 2018, 12:08 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

Hi,

So I started playing this game 3 months ago, this is my first RTS game, I used to be a MOBA player so I'm totally horrible at managing multiple unit. However, I'm getting better at it.

I mainly play Axis and prefer 2v2 / 3v3 with my friends. There are some questions I would like to ask

1) Is SU is a better faction than Wehrmact in general? because from my view point their units are just too multi purpose, conscript can have AT grenades, molotov, oorah , or penals are still pretty strong against infantry even with PTRS

2) How do you use Tiger VI effectively? I never managed get my Tiger VI to Vet3, and it's really hard to support sometimes when soviets got KV-1 flametank, the Incendiary Artillery Barrage, IL2 Sturmovik, they just kills / force my infantry to retreat, and then ram my tiger with their tank and throw a satchel charge

3) Is it worth to invest in sniper when playing 2v2? i managed to get 10-20 kills with my sniper, i tried to use it since I start watching some games that are casted by tightrope / stormless

4) how do you decide to take which point in 2v2? my friends and I usually decided to hold 1 fuel and the middle VP, I'm not sure if this is a good idea. The problem with this is sometimes the enemy just start to cut off from the unguarded fuel points until near my base, how do I deal with this?

5) Is 2 grenadier is enough ? also what happened if you vet 3 grenadier gets squad wiped? do you start replacing with a new grenadier? I find unveted grenadier sucks in the mid / late game

1. No they are not. I would say: go m42 with 3 grens and 1 mortar will be the standard case. tech to t2 and get a pak and flamerhft.

2. The wehrmacht tiger is atm not the best Unit I agree. Try to hold fuel, so that you can tech for normal tanks and not only call in unit.

3. Yes it is worth it. Esp. vs brits and usa. Vs soviet cons play its not worth it. And it depends about your personal mirco. If you can mirco the sniper and also other units at the same time. 10-20 kills in a whole 2vs2 game is too less, sorry.

4. Build a bunker or mg to cover the flank. Also you and your friend can try to make a 1vs1 on each side in early. It really depends how you guys play and feel.

5. Depends vs what you play. Vs soviet and usa are 2 grens to less. Vs brits are 2 gren enough, when you get sniper and mg.
About lategame: Yes vet 0 grens in lategame suck. Go for mgs and pios with flamers or panzergrens.
21 Jun 2018, 08:18 AM

Hi, Thanks for your previous answer. I really appreciate it. I managed to improve my gameplay bit by bit.

If you don't mind, I have other questions that I would like to ask

1) In general, how many model you need to kill when using sniper to be considered effective in 2v2? or 3v3?

2) In a situation where your sniper almost get flanked, is it better to press retreat instantly or moving backwards and try find a place to camouflage?

3) From streams, I learnt that most of the top OKW player is rushing tier 3 to build walking stuka and skipping the medic truck, is this how you should play OKW?

4) I recently start playing abit OKW but I usually main T2 and T4 , and build walking stuka at last when they just have too much team weapon. In my opinion spending 150 fuel in total for the truck and walking stuka is a bit too much. I wonder whats your opinion about this

5)In your recent post, you also mentioned that KT is actually a good tank. However I think I just fail how to utilise it properly. My KT was easily destroyed by 3 assault SU guns, any tips on how to use KT properly?. As the assault gun just out range my KT and has a good penetration
10 Jul 2018, 09:57 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

Hi, Thanks for your previous answer. I really appreciate it. I managed to improve my gameplay bit by bit.

If you don't mind, I have other questions that I would like to ask

1) In general, how many model you need to kill when using sniper to be considered effective in 2v2? or 3v3?

2) In a situation where your sniper almost get flanked, is it better to press retreat instantly or moving backwards and try find a place to camouflage?

3) From streams, I learnt that most of the top OKW player is rushing tier 3 to build walking stuka and skipping the medic truck, is this how you should play OKW?

4) I recently start playing abit OKW but I usually main T2 and T4 , and build walking stuka at last when they just have too much team weapon. In my opinion spending 150 fuel in total for the truck and walking stuka is a bit too much. I wonder whats your opinion about this

5)In your recent post, you also mentioned that KT is actually a good tank. However I think I just fail how to utilise it properly. My KT was easily destroyed by 3 assault SU guns, any tips on how to use KT properly?. As the assault gun just out range my KT and has a good penetration

Hey sorry, i forgot that you posted back. I was busy
1) Sniper cost: 340 Manpower: A model kill is from 21-35 Manpower. And you have less mapcontrol when you get a sniper out. Less normal inf on the field.
Its not only a qestion about how many kills at all. Its a question on what you are shooting and how fast each min.
Like its better to shoot on brit inf or USA inf. Shooting on cons, pios or maxims, is not a big deal for the soviets.

2) Both can work. Depends on the map and the situation.

3-4)
I assume you talk from teamgames streamers? When you play vs heavy weapon gameplay, then yes stuka is great.
In 2vs2-4vs4 I made an easy Rule.( its easy to remember^^)
Wehrmacht goes t3( stugs and co) okw goes t3 as well; walking stuka
Wehrmacht goes t4 ( panzerwefer, brummbär) okw goes t4 as well; JagdtpanzerIV, piv
So always look or ask what your mate is doing. T3--> T3, T4--> T4.

KT is an ok tank, when you have support for it. Don't drive alone with your KT. So get some raktenwerfer with it and inf. Or a JagdtpanzerIV to kill TD.

Don't go for KT when you face alot of t34, or chromwells. Better go Panther vs that.

Well 3 soviets at guns is alot of manpower too. So kill one, go back and repair. Or even better drive in, so you see them. And then use walking stuka or panzerwerfer and kill this at guns.
16 Jul 2018, 02:21 AM

Probably asked to death by this point, but how do I push a sov sniper + penal combo off in 2v2?

Usually the penals are more than enough to fight it out with my Volksgren while the sniper pecks away non stop. I tried flak track but it is only temporarily pushing penal off before they reach sufficient mass to simply hit me with PTRS even when suppressed.
16 Jul 2018, 08:32 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

Probably asked to death by this point, but how do I push a sov sniper + penal combo off in 2v2?

Usually the penals are more than enough to fight it out with my Volksgren while the sniper pecks away non stop. I tried flak track but it is only temporarily pushing penal off before they reach sufficient mass to simply hit me with PTRS even when suppressed.

As okw you have way more inf on the field. Like go 4 volks into luchs. Cap the map as fast as possible and tech fast. Also attack with flanks.
He will have like 1 sniper and 2 strafns and 1 pio , while you have 4 volks and 1 sturmpio.

PAGES (38)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 49
unknown 15
Germany 7
unknown 3
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W