Login

russian armor

Ask the Strategist!

PAGES (38)down
14 Nov 2016, 22:15 PM

I know detectors reveal demo charges with good range but I've noticed they can't target them they can only go up and de-activate them. Can the enemy detonate the demos when there is a sweeper squad nearby/disarming the demos?
14 Nov 2016, 22:39 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

I know detectors reveal demo charges with good range but I've noticed they can't target them they can only go up and de-activate them. Can the enemy detonate the demos when there is a sweeper squad nearby/disarming the demos?

When you try to disarming and the enemie sees you, you are death^^

When you see a demo, because of your minesweeper, every inf can kill it. Just use attackmove and click on the demo. Means even your pios can do that.

You have to look if its for your "Q" or "A" or something like that.

16 Nov 2016, 05:10 AM

It's "Hit the dirt" as bad as people make it? I haven't tested yet, but it could be usefull against lone machinguners
16 Nov 2016, 13:50 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

It's "Hit the dirt" as bad as people make it? I haven't tested yet, but it could be usefull against lone machinguners

Do you mean "Attackground" ? If yes, no thats not working, because normal inf has no Attackground option.

Its "Attackmove" and you have to click with that on the demo.
16 Nov 2016, 14:03 PM

Do you mean the ability in some soviet doctrines?

If so, it gives the squad light (yellow) cover but will render them unable to move. It can be good if faced vs a single squad or something like that but you need to beware IDF as they won't be able to move out of the blast compared to the standard scenario.
16 Nov 2016, 16:32 PM

I'm talking about the doctrine ability for conscripts.
16 Nov 2016, 18:22 PM

I'm talking about the doctrine ability for conscripts.

1)Cons do dmg in any situation. Hmg ? 3 cons in yellow cover could do it, even on an open map where you would get easily suppressed and forced to retreat.
2)You can spread out your troops on open area and still get yellow cover + suppression immunity - good against static weapons eg. HMGs, indirect fire weapons. :)
17 Nov 2016, 09:28 AM
17 Nov 2016, 12:09 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Nov 2016, 09:28 AMViento
https://www.coh2.org/replay/57580/stupid-spamming-ostheer

go ahead.

I'm not sure, what you want from us.

If you want to get a replay Analyse go here:

https://www.coh2.org/forum/109/replay-reviews

And sorry "fuccking 5 mg and 5 scout car spam and then stugs". Thats normally not working very well:)
22 Nov 2016, 03:53 AM

What should be my priorities in "La Gleize Breakout"?

I just get my ass handed to me everytime I play in that map

22 Nov 2016, 11:34 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

What should be my priorities in "La Gleize Breakout"?

I just get my ass handed to me everytime I play in that map

You will not play many games on this map in automatch.

Houses are the key.

And which faction are you?
22 Nov 2016, 19:00 PM

Either ostheer or soviet
4 Dec 2016, 17:03 PM

Hi there. Brand new player here, and I have a simple question in getting started: What is the single faction, commander, and build order I can use to get started?

What I mean is, compared to other RTSs there are so many factions, commanders, units, modifiers, updates, patches, call-ins, etc, that as a newb it's overwhelming. I don't have time to learn every one of those! I know I'll never be a great player without deep learning and customization of commander/build order, but I just want to learn one path well to start.

For example, if someone asked me this question about StarCraft, I would just say "Terran MMM." It's a totally viable strategy from early to late game that doesn't require pro level macro or micro to be an OK player.

So what is the Terran MMM of COH2, accounting for the winter balance patch?

Thanks in advance, this community is great!
4 Dec 2016, 17:09 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Dec 2016, 17:03 PMdea9
Hi there. Brand new player here, and I have a simple question in getting started: What is the single faction, commander, and build order I can use to get started?

What I mean is, compared to other RTSs there are so many factions, commanders, units, modifiers, updates, patches, call-ins, etc, that as a newb it's overwhelming. I don't have time to learn every one of those! I know I'll never be a great player without deep learning and customization of commander/build order, but I just want to learn one path well to start.

For example, if someone asked me this question about StarCraft, I would just say "Terran MMM." It's a totally viable strategy from early to late game that doesn't require pro level macro or micro to be an OK player.

So what is the Terran MMM of COH2, accounting for the winter balance patch?

Thanks in advance, this community is great!

That hard to say so. Need more infos.

Like: 1vs1 ... 4vs4 ? Which modus you want to play?
Thats the first question

Second Question: Which faction you want and can you play? Like do you have only soviets and Wehrmacht? Or OKW and USA, or Brits?

Because it would be too long, to explain all 5 faction for 1vs1 until 4vs4 modus.
4 Dec 2016, 17:16 PM

That hard to say so. Need more infos.

Like: 1vs1 ... 4vs4 ? Which modus you want to play?
Thats the first question

Second Question: Which faction you want and can you play? Like do you have only soviets and Wehrmacht? Or OKW and USA, or Brits?

Because it would be too long, to explain all 5 faction for 1vs1 until 4vs4 modus.

Thanks for the quick reply and helping me clarify!

1v1, whatever the standard ladder modes are.

I don't care about faction, I'll take your advice, and the same for commander.

Basically, just looking to get started without getting beaten badly every game, but with the minimum level of learning. Maximum fun and success for minimum learning time while starting out.

4 Dec 2016, 18:23 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Dec 2016, 17:16 PMdea9

Thanks for the quick reply and helping me clarify!

1v1, whatever the standard ladder modes are.

I don't care about faction, I'll take your advice, and the same for commander.

Basically, just looking to get started without getting beaten badly every game, but with the minimum level of learning. Maximum fun and success for minimum learning time while starting out.

About Commanders; well you are new, so I guess you don't have that many good-op meta" docs^^

As Wehrmacht: 1. Assgrens+ stug E+ Tiger doc
2. Lightningwar commandar: G43, Juka-Strike and Tiger doc
3. 3 Commandopoints Osttroupen + Puma+ Commando PIV doc

Soviets: 1. Guarde + Arty + Bombstirke doc
2. Guarde Mortar doc: Guarde+ 120mm mortar + t34/85
3. Shocks+ Kv8+ IS2 doc

OKW: 1. Light Jägers + Ostwind doc
2. Kommandopanther doc
3. Pak43 + Arty doc

USA: 1. Ranger + Pershing doc
2. M1919- upgrades + M5+ Calliope
3. Shermanbulldozer + M10 doc

I know many of this Commandar you don't have. Then look at your Commandars and look, which are almost equal.
For starting: I guess USA and soviets are more fun for you. Or OKW. Wehrmacht need good mg42 play / sniper play and also good pak40.

Soviets: 2-3 Cons, new pio --> t2 --> maxim, pak --> t3 --> t70

USA: 3 Rifles, Mortar, Amublance--> Cptain--> Stuart

Wehrmacht: Mg42, 3 Grens --> t2 --> 222 and pak40

OKW: 3-4 Volks --> t1 heal --> raktenwerfer and ISG --> t4 flaktruck at your fuel

You should play first some botgames vs CPU Hard. Before you start to play 1vs1. 1vs1 is very hard. If you make mistakes, nobody can help you :)
4 Dec 2016, 20:14 PM

Also watching streams from top tier 1v1 player will help you.For example luvnest is really good player that also often explains why is he doing that. Or helpinghans.

I think Sturmpanther helped you as much as he could righ now, but if you have any other problems simply create thread in state office or upload replay if you don´t know why you lost. We will try to help you.
1 Jan 2017, 13:13 PM

Has anyone done a guide/sandbox on what infantry beats other infantry at which ranges, and how much special weapons improve your infantry at close/medium/long distances?
PAGES (38)down
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS