Login

russian armor

Ask the Strategist!

PAGES (38)down
18 Aug 2016, 14:14 PM

Sturmtiger, Tiger, Stuka, Panzerwerfer.

Also Ostwind and Piv can work ok, depends if the Guard is standing in green cover / house or not.

Agree atm are Panther in a bad spot at all. ( Su76 Op^^)

Pwerfer/ Tiger does not exist in OKW :(

I tried using ostwind, and the guards were on NO cover and still managed to lose only a few men in the blob which was frustrating. I also tried walking stuka, but couldn't seem to get a good wipe and they just kept coming back with more vets than my own squads.
18 Aug 2016, 16:09 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

Pwerfer/ Tiger does not exist in OKW :(

I tried using ostwind, and the guards were on NO cover and still managed to lose only a few men in the blob which was frustrating. I also tried walking stuka, but couldn't seem to get a good wipe and they just kept coming back with more vets than my own squads.

Oh you are OKW. I agree thats a kind of problem^^ Guarde is atm one of the best INF.

Yes, Obers / Panzefüssi works not bad. Also get a mg behind your inf. Behind! not as first unit in line.

And yes OKW ostwind is bad choice then. ( was talkign about Wehrmacht)

Also in teamgames, you can ask for help from Ostheer^^
18 Aug 2016, 19:58 PM

Kingtiger should do the trick. Earlier I think getting 2-3 hmgs with incendiary rounds if he blobs like no tommorow should do the trick
19 Aug 2016, 22:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Aug 2016, 08:02 AMkamk

Not sure if I quoted probably but you both are awesome.
20 Aug 2016, 09:34 AM

Not sure if I quoted probably but you both are awesome.

We know ^_^ ^_^ ^_^
20 Aug 2016, 22:58 PM

Why do my AT guns behave strangely? I'll set them to the attack vehicle command... Ostwind comes up on its side... AT does nothing to try to attack it. Does it only perform that when something is in its cone?
21 Aug 2016, 07:37 AM

Why do my AT guns behave strangely? I'll set them to the attack vehicle command... Ostwind comes up on its side... AT does nothing to try to attack it. Does it only perform that when something is in its cone?

Yes, they do not reposition when they see vehicle, you still have to either by rightclicking on vehicle or moving cone by righ click and drag if you want to attack vehicle outside of cone.

If you dont have it positioned, it will try to position its cone to vehicle, but I dont know if it follow it up when vehicle move
27 Aug 2016, 03:14 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

What mindset are you supposed to play each faction with?
27 Aug 2016, 08:07 AM
Donator 11

What mindset are you supposed to play each faction with?

Would you mind to elaborate your question?
28 Aug 2016, 06:50 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Aug 2016, 08:07 AMkamk

Would you mind to elaborate your question?

By "what mindset" I mean how you should be operating this faction. For example, I assume WM is supposed to be played conservatively, requires solid positional play, and is very heavy on support weapons.

Is my WM "idea of operation" correct? And what about the other factions?
28 Aug 2016, 09:06 AM

By "what mindset" I mean how you should be operating this faction. For example, I assume WM is supposed to be played conservatively, requires solid positional play, and is very heavy on support weapons.

Is my WM "idea of operation" correct? And what about the other factions?

Yes your "idea of operation" is largely correct. Its up to you how to play each faction, you only have to change your build order accordingly.

OKW: strong early and late game, infantry heavy
SOV: allrounder, commander choice is essential
UKF: late game, flexible
USF: early-mid game, mobile force
29 Aug 2016, 00:49 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Yes your "idea of operation" is largely correct. Its up to you how to play each faction, you only have to change your build order accordingly.

OKW: strong early and late game, infantry heavy
SOV: allrounder, commander choice is essential
UKF: late game, flexible
USF: early-mid game, mobile force

Thanks Don't Know!
3 Sep 2016, 15:51 PM

What is the best way to deselect multiple units?

Sometimes, ill just move a little blob of units of various types, then when i want to issue a single command, I've struggled to figure out how to de-click them all.

Is there a best way to do this, without having to click on a single unit outside of that grouping?
4 Sep 2016, 07:27 AM

What is the best way to deselect multiple units?

Sometimes, ill just move a little blob of units of various types, then when i want to issue a single command, I've struggled to figure out how to de-click them all.

Is there a best way to do this, without having to click on a single unit outside of that grouping?

You can select the group and the cycle between all unit within that unit wothout deselecting that group by pressin tab - every time you press it, you will chose next unit in blob

Also you can use shift+ click to deselect units from blob - use unit icons in down menu in oder to get better results.

Hope I helped you

Hector
4 Sep 2016, 17:36 PM

That did. I also turned of the sticky grouping thing, which seems to have taken care of it. Thanks.
14 Sep 2016, 00:32 AM

Is mentoring still available? The 2016 mentoring thread is locked. I need help with soviets. I constantly bleed mp, totally clueless in how to engage and can never protect my fuels. Determining which opening units and which commanders to use is futile, essentially. I am roughly level 6-7 with all factions. I need help.
16 Sep 2016, 12:46 PM

Is there guide for the mental aspect of the game ?? I mean 1 thing is to micro your units well but what about the importance of unit popcaps, map strategy, diffrent unit stats, managing your popcap etc. is there somewhere that kind of information guides ? In my mind that aspect is more importatn than uit manangment. would be nice if i coudl find something about it . dosent have to be indepth , just basic one is good enough.

unit popcaps i mean, in your oppinion what are over priced and what are best value units.
unit stats i mean, what are the most underpreforming units overall and which are best for there price.
20 Sep 2016, 16:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Sep 2016, 12:46 PMrein001

1)unit popcaps i mean, in your oppinion what are over priced and what are best value units.
2)unit stats i mean, what are the most underpreforming units overall and which are best for there price.

1)There are no totally over- or underpriced units, it depends on what strategy you use, if the maps suits the proposed role, how much AT/AI you have/need, ....
2)Thats actually more or less the same question. Thats when micro comes into play, performance of any unit strongly depends on how you use them.
13 Oct 2016, 22:09 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Oct 2016, 18:38 PMViento
okay mr.smartass strategist. tell me how the fuck do you counter axis as allies. they obviously still op for 3 years.

1.better inf
2.better tanks
3.better artillery
4.better offmaps.

how do you counter fucking mortar lefh and leig spam with machine guns? even if not spam you can not fuccking counter.

Can you pls post your playercard?

Allies are atm much stronger then axis. Only in 2vs2 on some maps 2 OKW are better. But in 3vs3, 4vs4, 1vs1, and most of 2vs2 allies are stronger.

1. better inf? Joke or? Rifleman with Browning or IS with wickers standing in green cover and you are rip. Also don't forget guarde and Strafnikis

2. better tanks? When you talk about, that they have more armor and HP then ok. But then say it pls: Better lategame tanks. Light vehicles just crash axis most of the time, or push them in a very defensive postion.

3. Better arty? Wait what? Landmartz, Calliope, Priest, Katja, su-76

4. Better offmaps? I guess you talk about abilities or? Artycover from brits, Bombstrike from Sovietplayer, strafingrun from Calliope doc.

Sorry to say that, but only when noobs playing vs each other axis are op. Because they can't handle their light vehicles and also lategame they lose all their tanks.
PAGES (38)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight