Login

russian armor

Ask the Strategist!

PAGES (38)down
14 Jun 2016, 11:51 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jun 2016, 09:32 AMArchont

Wow!

Thank you for the answer!

Fell free to have any other question, we are here to help you.

Also t70 is much better against infantry than t34/76 and gives you more map presence than katjusha.

And if enemy want to survive against good t70 he will have to invest 320 mp for pak (thats almost 1 shocktroper for you) and also some munition for mines, that can be countered by enginners.

And maybe even forcing him to go puma and so he wont have tiger lategame

Always remeber than t70 can kite any shrecks and fausts at long range
16 Jun 2016, 13:51 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Hello strategists,
How do I deal with Soviet Tier 1 as OKW?
I went Kubel-Volk-Volk-Volk, and used Kubel+Volk and Sturmpio+Volk combo to hold off his Penals, but whenever I pulled my Sturms back after taking casualties they would easily win the engagements against my Volksgrenadiers.
Next the M3A1 scout car with Penals inside wrecked by Kubel.
I built a Raketenwerfer to counter the scout car, but by the time I did so I had lost almost the entire map. Went Battlegroup to heal my squads, and Luftwaffe for the suppression.
I never recovered. T-70 rolled in with Guards and I lost.
Am I reacting to my opponent in the incorrect manner? Is there a different build I should have done?

Edit: lost the replay, sorry.
18 Jun 2016, 16:50 PM

I'm glad Hector that you spend time for the answers!
Or any other else...

So i've another question :) I never tested it out.

Is merging Conscripts with Guards a good idea? Or are the Guards losing their stats then?

A answer would be appreciated..!
19 Jun 2016, 08:26 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jun 2016, 16:50 PMArchont
I'm glad Hector that you spend time for the answers!
Or any other else...

So i've another question :) I never tested it out.

Is merging Conscripts with Guards a good idea? Or are the Guards losing their stats then?

A answer would be appreciated..!

As far as I know it is better to reinforce them if you have for example 2 guard models and 6 conscript models in base because they lose stats (cons have worse stats).

But if youre on batllefield it is much better to merge those 4 cons from 6 to 2 model guards and retreat remainning conscripts because 6 conscrpits are worse than 2 guards 4 conscripts with double ptrs and double dp lmg for example. The same applies to shocks and penals (after patch penals, those right now are not even worth buying).

And NEVER merge conscripts if you lose that squad that way (4 cons out of 4 models will be meged into guard squad). It is always better to sacrifice field presence for half minute rather than losing one quads and hurting your field presence permanently.

Hope I helped you
19 Jun 2016, 19:50 PM
Admin Red  Badge

Hello strategists,
How do I deal with Soviet Tier 1 as OKW?
I went Kubel-Volk-Volk-Volk, and used Kubel+Volk and Sturmpio+Volk combo to hold off his Penals, but whenever I pulled my Sturms back after taking casualties they would easily win the engagements against my Volksgrenadiers.
Next the M3A1 scout car with Penals inside wrecked by Kubel.
I built a Raketenwerfer to counter the scout car, but by the time I did so I had lost almost the entire map. Went Battlegroup to heal my squads, and Luftwaffe for the suppression.
I never recovered. T-70 rolled in with Guards and I lost.
Am I reacting to my opponent in the incorrect manner? Is there a different build I should have done?

Edit: lost the replay, sorry.

Kübel-Volk-Volk-Volk was alright as starting build. It went wrong when you headed for Battlegroup headquarters.

If your Soviet foe chooses to field his T1 units you should always construct Mechanised Regiment Headquarters and save for Luchs. Be defensive insofar as to save your fuel and some strategic points (including your cutoff) to be able to build Luchs soon. The Panzer II hardcounters every Soviet T1 unit, does a great job at bleeding out your opponent's manpower reserves and can be used to hunt down squads who were unprepared. The only chance for him to strike your Luchs down at the time when it hits the field would be to go for either Guards or ZiS guns (both combined with AT nades from Conscripts most likely) or both options combined; mines are dangerous too so do not forget to upgrade sweepers for your Sturmpoineers. In both cases he spends an decent amount of manpower (330 MP for Guard, 320 MP for ZiS gun) for AT infantry-based units. To bring up a counter versus his anti tank force you should choose a doctrine that grants you access to call in infantry. Best option would be Jägers from Scavenge Doctrine since they tend to snipe models (every lost Guardsman hurts incredibly) and can spawn from buildings (coming from behind to snipe ZiS guns). Once you have dealt with those anti tank forces your Luchs can advance in order to increase the pressure upon your foe. Try to conquer his cutoff/fuel points as soon as possible to hinder him from building a T3 vehicle. In case you cannot stop the T3 vehicle from hitting the field use Schrecks on your Volks and call a Raketenwerfer. Alternatively you can go for a Puma. Afterwards you can construct Battlegroup Headquarters for healing.

In the upcoming patch Volks will be able to upgrade StGs instead of Schrecks but will have Fausts (same as Ostheer's ones) available once you have constructed a Headquarter. In this new situation you should keep at least one Volk close to your Luchs to faust/deter rushing light vehicles. When your Luchs joins the battlefield at least one Raketenwerfer should cover it too.
20 Jun 2016, 02:05 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

-snip-

Thanks, Theodosios! Will go Luchs next time. Although I guess I have to pick Falls instead of JLI.
25 Jun 2016, 14:42 PM

Hey, how do you get rid of garrisoned MG´s as OKW in the early game.
On close maps with key buildings it seems to be impossible to get rid of them fast, even if you flank them from 3 sides. If a Truck is up and you can trow grenades it works but he can deny you important areas to long so that he has a big advantage.
25 Jun 2016, 17:05 PM

Hey, how do you get rid of garrisoned MG´s as OKW in the early game.
On close maps with key buildings it seems to be impossible to get rid of them fast, even if you flank them from 3 sides. If a Truck is up and you can trow grenades it works but he can deny you important areas to long so that he has a big advantage.

!Don´t let them to get that building firstStategist cliche

Yes it is a old cliche but it still is actual and it works. Only 2 factions that can get mg fast enaought before incing grenades are UK and soviet.

Soviets need to set up tier 2 and create mg and UK have to create mg.

If you rush spio to most important building you should always rush it before enemy mg can. Also if you go kubel first, you can outcap him if he went mgs because UK sacrifice capping IS squad if he goes mg and russians sacrifice valuable enginner time and also 160 mp for tier2 so you can outcap him with kubel, so dont worry if you lose something if you rush key building.

And if he even then manage to get mg in that position I recommend either focusing on other part of map (you will win it because you have 1 more squad) and by thi way indirectly focus him to move it from building or play defensively until you get icing grenades.

And also luring mg to move to another window by volks or kubel meainwhile spios will close in and attack it from short range. Also 3 volks from different direction that manage it to get behind green cover should do the trick because mg is not able to supress 3 squads in different directions (preferably in gree cover) fast enaugh before 3 squads force it retreat ir kill it.

I think options are here and you don´t have others. Sry for that.

RECAP:
-get key building first
- ignore it, best counter to mg in house is focusing elsewhere
- attack from different directions with spios and vgrens and rush green cover nearby

Hector
6 Jul 2016, 08:44 AM

What are the basic principles an OKW plus Ostheer Team should follow in a 2v2? Where are the synergies and which opposing teams cause the biggest headaches?
6 Jul 2016, 09:06 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

What are the basic principles an OKW plus Ostheer Team should follow in a 2v2? Where are the synergies and which opposing teams cause the biggest headaches?

Ostheer can bring a Sniper, good mg, early mrotar and has an early faust vs m3, Wc51.

OKW mostly goes in 2vs2 Luchs, Puma, Stuka. And can bring early AT(Raktenwerfer).

6 Jul 2016, 22:04 PM

How the fucking hell do I counter CAS?

It is the most OP commander there is. You cannot shoot the supply planes down, and there is no risk to picking it. Sure you trade MP for muni/fuel, but who needs MP when you can just play point-and click warfare.
6 Jul 2016, 22:16 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

How the fucking hell do I counter CAS?

It is the most OP commander there is. You cannot shoot the supply planes down, and there is no risk to picking it. Sure you trade MP for muni/fuel, but who needs MP when you can just play point-and click warfare.

The time of view from the Recon is very small.

So just move your important unit away, when you see it. So Antitankstrafe and Stukabomb miss their targets
7 Jul 2016, 05:33 AM

Ostheer can bring a Sniper, good mg, early mrotar and has an early faust vs m3, Wc51.

OKW mostly goes in 2vs2 Luchs, Puma, Stuka. And can bring early AT(Raktenwerfer).

Vielen Dank.

Under what circumstances if any would you go for the med truck first?
Which are the best commander combos?
7 Jul 2016, 08:44 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

Vielen Dank.

Under what circumstances if any would you go for the med truck first?
Which are the best commander combos?

Thats hard to say atm abotu when medictruck first.

About commandars, i think/ hope there will be soon a guide for 3vs3, 4vs4 :)

29 Jul 2016, 23:19 PM

Whats the best way to counter early Ostheer Mechanized assault pressure as USF? When there's 2-3 assault grenadiers against me, I don't know what the heck to do. I think the answer is somewhere in going LT for an m20 perhaps, or/and mg to control space?
30 Jul 2016, 00:57 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Whats the best way to counter early Ostheer Mechanized assault pressure as USF? When there's 2-3 assault grenadiers against me, I don't know what the heck to do. I think the answer is somewhere in going LT for an m20 perhaps, or/and mg to control space?

same way you counter sturmpioneers.

Never engage them 1v1 unless you have green cover or garrison cover.
30 Jul 2016, 04:35 AM

Okay... then what? They essentially force me off the map.
30 Jul 2016, 11:04 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Okay... then what? They essentially force me off the map.

Then come back on the map? :S You're not being very descriptive.. Upload a replay

https://www.coh2.org/forum/109/replay-reviews
PAGES (38)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 34
Mexico 22
unknown 12
Germany 654
New Zealand 15
United States 3
Peru 1

Ladders Top 10