Login

russian armor

Ask the Strategist!

PAGES (38)down
aaa
10 Dec 2015, 21:00 PM

is it true that more popcap you have less becomes MP income? If so by how much?
11 Dec 2015, 05:46 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Dec 2015, 21:00 PMaaa
yes. I think it is sosomething near e one mp for one popcap because you begin with 300 and with something less than 200 with full popcap. I think something near 180 but not 100% sure.

Hope it helps you

Hector
14 Dec 2015, 10:55 AM
Patrion 14

Where is a good place to learn about the specifics of 1v1 maps currently in the map pool. Especially with some changes to a couple of these maps?
15 Dec 2015, 15:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Dec 2015, 21:00 PMaaa

The rule of thumb is you lose 1.5 manpower per minute for each pop-cap in use.

A 10 popcap unit costs 15 manpower each minute. A 100/100 army costs 150 manpower per minute to upkeep.

The amount is small but adds up quickly.
31 Dec 2015, 08:38 AM

I recently realized that I don't really have an approach to my capping order. I play 1v1 on a fairly modest level, mostly with OKW and occassionally with USF. I feel I have to choose between blobbing my first units over the map capping relatively slowly but with enough units in case of an engagement, or spreading out my units and capping more but being in a bad position in case of an engagement due to my spread out units. With both options in the end being bad for my map control.

Can someone perhaps give me some insight on how to approach capping orders?
31 Dec 2015, 10:14 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Dec 2015, 08:38 AMWoco
I recently realized that I don't really have an approach to my capping order. I play 1v1 on a fairly modest level, mostly with OKW and occassionally with USF. I feel I have to choose between blobbing my first units over the map capping relatively slowly but with enough units in case of an engagement, or spreading out my units and capping more but being in a bad position in case of an engagement due to my spread out units. With both options in the end being bad for my map control.

Can someone perhaps give me some insight on how to approach capping orders?

in this guide you can find capping orders with USA riflemen. Made by best USA player.
Hope you find it and it help you .

http://www.coh2.org/guides/44135/devm-s-usf-without-tears#2237
31 Dec 2015, 11:32 AM

i was wondering which elephant commander is the best to use (for the elephant purposes). the one with hull down or the one with scopes? the scopes give you better sight but i believe not more range. the hull down gives you more range but not more sight i believe? and what else does hulldown give. and if i go with fortified armor and use the command tank does that tank give big buffs to my elephant? i mean is it noticeable or not worth it? what does the command tank aura exactly do bcs the discription doesn't say anything about it.
31 Dec 2015, 11:56 AM

Now that the Volks got a buff, at what range does the conscrict excel compared to axis infantry, specifically Grens, Volks, and PGrens. Does it stand a chance against Fallschirms at any range? Cheers!
31 Dec 2015, 13:43 PM

pgrens are mid range unit. They have almost same DPS at long as lmg gren. Dont use conscripts against them , go for shocks
31 Dec 2015, 14:46 PM

Help me. I need advice on how to survive mid game as Brits vs OKW.

I feel helpless as Brits in midgame..

31 Dec 2015, 21:26 PM

Help me. I need advice on how to survive mid game as Brits vs OKW.

I feel helpless as Brits in midgame..

Try to look at this replay first, i will help you later OK ?

Here is good show how can brits srvive mid game against OKW

http://www.coh2.org/replay/46944/hector-s-4th-game

Yes i lost here , but he is almost best brits player and can learn a lot. If you dont know what he did PM me
OK ?
1 Jan 2016, 11:35 AM

As this is not a strategy question, I will reply because I've tested on it:

Conscript vs volk will loose at any range 1v1. You will win close range if is the volk who approach to you and you stay in cover.

Conscript vs gren will win in close combat, be sure to approach using covers.

Pgren is a close combat unit so it's a different role, you will win at long range with conscripts but the dps will be low.

About Fallschrims you have no chance 1v1 on them, it's an elite unit and it will win the engagement at all ranges.

pgrens are mid range unit. They have almost same DPS at long as lmg gren. Dont use conscripts against them , go for shocks

Thanks Hector ...

That leads to a strategy question then: is there still an early advantage for allies? what am I supposed to do? I can build T1 or 2 but this means my pio is busy building and I spend manpower on the building. Volks and Sturmpio will have a field day with that lone cons that I build in the meantime...
1 Jan 2016, 11:48 AM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Please do not post in this section, unless you are asking a question, or unless you are a formally appointed Strategist answering a question.

Non-Strategists post invised.

If you think you have what it takes to become a Strategist, please apply by PM to our Lead Strategist, Van Voort.
1 Jan 2016, 12:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Jan 2016, 11:35 AMBasti

Thanks Hector...

That leads to a strategy question then: is there still an early advantage for allies? what am I supposed to do? I can build T1 or 2 but this means my pio is busy building and I spend manpower on the building. Volks and Sturmpio will have a field day with that lone cons that I build in the meantime...

I thnk you mean soviets right ? And against OKW .

So you have right now 3 options

1. 4conscripts into guard or shock trooper into fast t70.
2. 2 conscripts and 2 maxims into shocktrooper / guard into fast t70
3. 4 conscripts + engineer with flametrower in m3 (aka clow car) into fast t70

1. this strat is the most mobile one and you have advantage in capping , but you need to build sandbags , take important building , ambush volks or fight them 2v1 and always fight sturmpios with superior position in your hand (building , heavy cover while they advance from open) or then attack them 2 conscript vs 1 .

This strat also gets more stronger after 2 Cp cause right now you get elite infantry and so you will have easier time to hold OKW infantry.

Then you can go medics and fast t70 or quad (whitch one fits your play better).

Just keep in mind OKW player now can rush luchs slightly before t70 so you need to place some mines or tech AT nades or zis , so you can hold luchs back until t 70 comes , whitch hardcounters it.

2. this one is not so strong for capping but mxims are really hard to dislodge for okw until he get incendiary nades and A-moving maxims with supporting conscripts are headache.

Only problem here is flanking sturmpio that you should counter by conscripts and volks are not that hard cause maxim will supress them.

Keep in mind that luchs will come , so you need mines/AT nades and AT gun so he does not hardcounters you.
maxims

Then tech for t70 cause you need more shock unit that supression platform.

3. this one is pretty much the same as first one , concripts fight as first one , only change is that you dont go 4 conscript => tier 2 => tier 3 => t70 but you go

4 conscripts => tier 1 => tier 3

That clowncar you build in tier 1 is really potent if you put flamer inside. It does good damage , have shokc factor and you can clear easily garrisons with mobile flametrower.

Only problem here is early OKW vehicle , cause you dont have AT gun.

Thats why I reccomend 2 guards, at nades, mines , medics and then tech for t 70.

This strat is greatest with guard motor so you can spam t 34/85 aftewards t70 so you dont need at guns cause mines , button ,mart target and t34/85 can hold off almost any axis armor.

Hope this helps you in your russian early game.

EDIT: Yes there are other strats like snipers and 4 maxims , but i found them to be really risky and hard to perform even on my level becuase you make 1 mistake or you dont seze much ground and them luchs will kill you.

Also i dont recommend penals or tier 1 + tier 2 strats , penals right now "suck" and if you build both tiers , it will hurt you mp bank really much. Only late game backtech for tier 2 if you went tier 1 and you need at gun to coutner for example kingtiger
1 Jan 2016, 12:38 PM

I thnk you mean soviets right ? And against OKW .

So you have right now 3 options

1. 4conscripts into guard or shock trooper into fast t70.
2. 2 conscripts and 2 maxims into shocktrooper / guard into fast t70
3. 4 conscripts + engineer with flametrower in m3 (aka clow car) into fast t70

1. this strat is the most mobile one and you have advantage in capping , but you need to build sandbags , take important building , ambush volks or fight them 2v1 and always fight sturmpios with superior position in your hand (building , heavy cover while they advance from open) or then attack them 2 conscript vs 1 .

This strat also gets more stronger after 2 Cp cause right now you get elite infantry and so you will have easier time to hold OKW infantry.

Then you can go medics and fast t70 or quad (whitch one fits your play better).

Just keep in mind OKW player now can rush luchs slightly before t70 so you need to place some mines or tech AT nades or zis , so you can hold luchs back until t 70 comes , whitch hardcounters it.

2. this one is not so strong for capping but mxims are really hard to dislodge for okw until he get incendiary nades and A-moving maxims with supporting conscripts are headache.

Only problem here is flanking sturmpio that you should counter by conscripts and volks are not that hard cause maxim will supress them.

Keep in mind that luchs will come , so you need mines/AT nades and AT gun so he does not hardcounters you.
maxims

Then tech for t70 cause you need more shock unit that supression platform.

3. this one is pretty much the same as first one , concripts fight as first one , only change is that you dont go 4 conscript => tier 2 => tier 3 => t70 but you go

4 conscripts => tier 1 => tier 3

That clowncar you build in tier 1 is really potent if you put flamer inside. It does good damage , have shokc factor and you can clear easily garrisons with mobile flametrower.

Only problem here is early OKW vehicle , cause you dont have AT gun.

Thats why I reccomend 2 guards, at nades, mines , medics and then tech for t 70.

This strat is greatest with guard motor so you can spam t 34/85 aftewards t70 so you dont need at guns cause mines , button ,mart target and t34/85 can hold off almost any axis armor.

Hope this helps you in your russian early game.

EDIT: Yes there are other strats like snipers and 4 maxims , but i found them to be really risky and hard to perform even on my level becuase you make 1 mistake or you dont seze much ground and them luchs will kill you.

Also i dont recommend penals or tier 1 + tier 2 strats , penals right now "suck" and if you build both tiers , it will hurt you mp bank really much. Only late game backtech for tier 2 if you went tier 1 and you need at gun to coutner for example kingtiger

Great! Thank you very much!

I mostly play with a mate who plays US: rifle into captian + stuart into sherman/jackson + callie
which of these strats would you recommend when playing a mixed team?
1 Jan 2016, 14:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Jan 2016, 12:38 PMBasti

Great! Thank you very much!

I mostly play with a mate who plays US: rifle into captian + stuart into sherman/jackson + callie
which of these strats would you recommend when playing a mixed team?

if he went calli he can give you stuart and quad so you should suplement him with t 70 and suchkas ito is2

And this mostly fit with maxims cause USA will lack spresion.

But you mut coop if you do this strat , not solo half map

RECAP.

You - 2 cons , 2 maxims , shocks , at gun , t 70 , sucka spam into is2 (of course upgrades like at nades and medics)

USA - 4 rifles into captain and stuart and quad into calli and jacsons.
He also need madics and lmgs of course , but quad is highest priority
PAGES (38)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight