Login

russian armor

Ask the Strategist!

PAGES (38)down
22 Aug 2013, 06:02 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

Dear strategists,

Is it possible to break a conscript's AT grenade attack by using Panzer Tactician before the grenade is thrown?

xoxo
ComputerHeat
22 Aug 2013, 11:56 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

I've tried to use the smoke, but I've never succeeded with that. So no, i don't think it works.
23 Aug 2013, 13:12 PM

Do Pgrens with shrecks generally vet faster or is it just that shooting vehicles rewards more xp?
23 Aug 2013, 13:32 PM

Do Pgrens with shrecks generally vet faster or is it just that shooting vehicles rewards more xp?

They don't. Schreks don't change anything to amount of vet pgrens receive while fighting. But yea, if they manage to kill a few vechiles they'll indeed get a lot of vet from that.
Hux
24 Aug 2013, 10:07 AM
Patrion 14

I'm really interested in being able to use on-map artillery pieces but I find that I just never have the spare MP available to build one without losing (or at least slowing down) in the tech race.

Does anyone regularly build fixed artillery pieces in their strat? and if so - what is your general approach? (Either faction)
26 Aug 2013, 10:59 AM

panel bettaltion are expensive and usless?
26 Aug 2013, 11:33 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

panel bettaltion are expensive and usless?

yes.
26 Aug 2013, 14:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Aug 2013, 10:07 AMHux
I'm really interested in being able to use on-map artillery pieces but I find that I just never have the spare MP available to build one without losing (or at least slowing down) in the tech race.

Does anyone regularly build fixed artillery pieces in their strat? and if so - what is your general approach? (Either faction)

For now I only get them in 2v2 matches. It's just too much of an investment in a 1v1 game at the moment. And even in 2v2's they get killed quite easily by recon+arty.

But atm I wouldn't advice getting them in 1v1s.
Hux
26 Aug 2013, 17:40 PM
Patrion 14

What commanders do you currently use the most? and which abilities do you like the most/why?
26 Aug 2013, 21:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Aug 2013, 17:40 PMHux
What commanders do you currently use the most? and which abilities do you like the most/why?

Hey Lord Lovat,

Generally the Commanders I use the most are Anti-Infantry Tactics (Soviets) and Joint Operations (Ostheer).

Anti-Infantry Tactics is my favoruite Soviet one as it gives me access to Shock Troops, but more importantly it is the only useful Soviet doctrine that has the recon flight ability. Recon flight for me is the best ability in game by far. 80 munitions for to recon over half the map in 1v1 for 60 seconds is invaluable and if anything its borderline OP. Just no one has complained yet. Back it up with Propoganda War and the KV8 aswell.

Ostheer doctrines more commonly have recon run. I think there is about 6 of them. However the doctrine I utilize the most would be Joint Operations due to its high flexiblity to adapt to a lot of strats or alternatively I utilize Fortified Armour Doctrine. Generally I aim towards Joint Operations, however if its an open map and my opponent tends to play the standard T1/T4 Guards, Sniper, SU-85 I am inclined to go Fortified Armour as Panzer Tactian is great and Elephant can push him right off.

Recon flight is amazing though. Pop it off when you think your opponent may be making his tech choice and it will push things in your favour naturally for the next 5-10mins if its an even game. After that just constantly using it prior to key engagements can swing things more in your favour than what off-map arty ever can. Knowing the position and direction of your opponent lets you find all the gaps and set up an engagement completely in your favour.

27 Aug 2013, 10:09 AM

Permanently Banned
what you guys think about the hmg +10 % armor penetration? Is it OP like the 10 % suppression?
28 Aug 2013, 05:48 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

I think it's under used, but 10% is better than nothing. :)
28 Aug 2013, 06:17 AM

Permanently Banned
guess nobody has that bulletin in strategist :D , wonder if the +10 % suppression is pinning in first sec then what about the -10 % suppression in ST?
31 Aug 2013, 18:12 PM

hi,
what is the best way to counter snipers if AT's around?

thanks ahead
31 Aug 2013, 20:06 PM

How do you stop conscripts from being butt raped by lmg grens and pgrens when you go t2 instead of t1? Also how do you disloge mg postions quickly when going t2 and taking out german snipers?
6 Sep 2013, 15:38 PM

It seems to me that smoke does not entirely block LOS. I dump at least 2 smoke in between my infantry and an MG, but the MG still opens fire at me at the usual range. Same goes for AT.

Am I doing something wrong or does smoke just not work as it did in COH1?
12 Sep 2013, 11:23 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

It seems to me that smoke does not entirely block LOS. I dump at least 2 smoke in between my infantry and an MG, but the MG still opens fire at me at the usual range. Same goes for AT.

Am I doing something wrong or does smoke just not work as it did in COH1?

In that case, your enemy must have a unit that can see behind the smoke. If there is even a little bit of sight to behind the smoke, the units will shoot thru.
12 Sep 2013, 11:25 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

How do you stop conscripts from being butt raped by lmg grens and pgrens when you go t2 instead of t1? Also how do you disloge mg postions quickly when going t2 and taking out german snipers?

If you go t2, then you have 3 units in your disposal, Maxim, mortar and AT gun. You can use them all to a great effect. Maxims can hold back infantry from flanking or just help with a forward assault, mortars can deal alot of damage to a camping wher player. At guns are just a great arty unit.
12 Sep 2013, 18:43 PM

Hey Sarantini,

You can not shoot at a speific individual in a squad with small arms fire. I think it generally hits the closest man at long ranges more often, however not sure.

The only way you can some what target an individual is with area of effects weapons, where sometimes you can opt to attack ground and hit that high unit cluster instead of the individual unit all by himself quite some distance asway. Attack ground isn't 100% accurate though so you can still miss that sweet spot sometimes.

So do you think it's worth it to order your tank, AT gun, or other AOE weapon to attack ground specifically where the flamer engi, or the PGren with the schrek is standing? Or are you better off just attacking the squad normally with the default right-click?
PAGES (38)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 39
Russian Federation 67
unknown 54
United States 23
United States 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W