Login

russian armor

Ask the Strategist!

PAGES (38)down
19 Aug 2013, 19:00 PM

Well, back in coh1 you almost always killed the arties with doctrinal artillery aswell. So your first try would be still to try and kill it with a doctrine ability. Try to sneak a m3 in via the edges of the map as a spotter or use a recon run. Sending in an M3 or ht with a Penal battalion inside to try and trow a satchel might work, but i've never actually tried this.

Ofcourse you could try to send in a tank and kill it, but if you're able to use a tank for that, you're probably winning already anyways like you said.
19 Aug 2013, 19:45 PM
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

G43 vs mg42 gren upgrade which is more effective? And if g43 is it worth picking jaegar for it?

I would say it depends on what kind of play-style you are aiming for and situations you find yourself in. G43s are great at range, do lots of damage and you can fire on the move, whereas the LMG42 is better at close range however it has more time to set up and your squad needs to be stationary in order to fire it. I personally have never used the Jaeger Doctrine or G43s for that matter however from what I have seen they are pretty damn good.
19 Aug 2013, 19:45 PM

G43 vs mg42 gren upgrade which is more effective? And if g43 is it worth picking jaegar for it?

In general I believe mg42's are more useful since you can get them earlier and they are more effective against vechiles. But g43's sometimes do give some sick crits and this combined with their longer range, they are actually quite useful against snipers.

I don't think the Jaeger doctrine is worth taking it in general, so I don't advice it. The DCI doctrine with the tigers and g43 upgrade might be worth it though, but I'm not sure if you have it.
20 Aug 2013, 11:02 AM

Have any of the Strategist's used the camouflage ability on HMG's to good effect?
20 Aug 2013, 12:16 PM

What units and tactics can Germans use to counter early-mid 120mm mortars?
Is it viable to use 8cm mortars with haltrack reinforce, and getting a Mortar Halftrack later in game after T3 and Panzer4 ?
20 Aug 2013, 12:37 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Aug 2013, 11:02 AMHissy
Have any of the Strategist's used the camouflage ability on HMG's to good effect?

I have used it, but only once when i was trying out the jaeger commander. I didn't try it with the "hold fire" button tho, but at least i saw the damaged increased marking over its head. it felt like the ambush ability helped, specially vs snipers!
20 Aug 2013, 12:40 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

What units and tactics can Germans use to counter early-mid 120mm mortars?
Is it viable to use 8cm mortars with haltrack reinforce, and getting a Mortar Halftrack later in game after T3 and Panzer4 ?

Early flamer half-track, or Get a battle one one side and then sneak a panzer grenadier behind the enemy ( not if the mortar is in the base ofc) and try to catch it while its not being guarded. But it has alot of health, so you will kill the mortar only if the player doesn't pay attention. Most of the time, the mortar just packs up and retreats.
20 Aug 2013, 17:48 PM

Hey guys, so I've been struggling to counter mortar halftracks recently both 1v1 and 2v2s. I usually go to tier 2 for AT then tier 3; but mortar HT seems to shut this right down. Is there any way around it or do I need to switch to tier 4 and soon as I see an MHT? How can you effectively kill one?
20 Aug 2013, 20:29 PM

Permanently Banned
what kind of bonus give the german command tank and the artilerry officer? and how much ? (%)
example command tank is like HTD just allow all the units in the sector?
20 Aug 2013, 23:08 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Aug 2013, 17:48 PMJonky
Hey guys, so I've been struggling to counter mortar halftracks recently both 1v1 and 2v2s. I usually go to tier 2 for AT then tier 3; but mortar HT seems to shut this right down. Is there any way around it or do I need to switch to tier 4 and soon as I see an MHT? How can you effectively kill one?

A well microed MHT is a pain in the ass, you might wan't to try to get a battle in one side of the map, so your opponent will focus there and try to rush the mortar with guards or t70. You are better catching him earlier than later, when it reaches vet2, because it will be alot harder to kill it then because of the health buff. So plan early and attack when you can.
21 Aug 2013, 13:54 PM

Hi strategists,

I play the Russians mostly and I am wondering about the early gren vs conscripts battles. Should I narrow the distance between the grens or stay at range?
21 Aug 2013, 14:14 PM

Hi strategists,

I play the Russians mostly and I am wondering about the early gren vs conscripts battles. Should I narrow the distance between the grens or stay at range?

Hey wcTGgeek,

CoH2 does not work like CoH1 with the classic volk vs rifle engagements, where rifles win close whilst volks win at long range. That distance-dance game no longer exsits nowadays in CoH2. In engagements a conscript and gren are technically equal with respect to health and small arms fire damage at all ranges. Distance does not play a factor as to who will win. The engagement is decided out of who utilized cover better and often 'luck' in whos unit gets more accurate shots off.

The engagement in an actual game is ultimately decided by if you catch your opponent out of cover initially, get an extra squad in the engagement or units bug out and don't stay in their cover (more common with conscripts than grens).

The engagement is designed to be won by a grenade ability. Where Grens win at long range whilst Conscripts win that at close range.
21 Aug 2013, 15:21 PM

Ok, Thank you Stephenn (Love your stream)
21 Aug 2013, 18:24 PM

Permanently Banned
If you could create doctrine how would look that? or what do you think what kind of doctrines will be released?

I think there will be as german Opel truck+ sector artilerry combo but i would see G43, tactical smoke,opeltruck,howitzer and mortal HT. :)
21 Aug 2013, 19:06 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

Dear Strategists,
Are combat engineers and pioneers more likely to lose their flamethrowers to an explosion/death crit when the squad has already lost members?

xoxo
ComputerHeat
21 Aug 2013, 19:07 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

Let's say I have a gren/conscript squad in the line of a retreating enemy squad. Is it better to
A: chase them and firing on the move
B: Stand still and shoot him

It was my understanding units were less accurate on the move so I'm curious if this makes any difference. Seems very trivial now :p
21 Aug 2013, 19:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Aug 2013, 20:29 PMakosi
what kind of bonus give the german command tank and the artilerry officer? and how much ? (%)
example command tank is like HTD just allow all the units in the sector?

Uh, I'm not sure about the numbers, I'll figure it out and answer later :P

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Aug 2013, 18:24 PMakosi
If you could create doctrine how would look that? or what do you think what kind of doctrines will be released?

I think there will be as german Opel truck+ sector artilerry combo but i would see G43, tactical smoke,opeltruck,howitzer and mortal HT. :)

My ideal Doctrine would be: Smoke, Blitztruck, Straving Run, Tiger, Fragmentation Bomb. I have no idea what's relic gonna release however ^^

Dear Strategists,
Are combat engineers and pioneers more likely to lose their flamethrowers to an explosion/death crit when the squad has already lost members?

xoxo
ComputerHeat

There's a 10% (might be 5%, not sure) chance for spontaneous imbustion if the flametrower carrying guy dies. No matter how many members, so in theory no. But you could argue that since there are only 2 or 3 members left when a squad is fighting, the chance of the flametrower guy dying is higher, which make the chance for an explosion bigger too ;)

Let's say I have a gren/conscript squad in the line of a retreating enemy squad. Is it better to
A: chase them and firing on the move
B: Stand still and shoot him

It was my understanding units were less accurate on the move so I'm curious if this makes any difference. Seems very trivial now :p

It depends on what unit you're using. The grens need to stand still to be able to use their LMG, so never chase them in that situation. With conscripts I'd move with them, just to be able to fire longer at them, even though this might decrease my accuracy. But more shots = a higher chance of getting a lucky crit in.

And with Panzergrens and Shocktroops and stuff you should always run with them since submachineguns are most effectively at close range.
22 Aug 2013, 03:54 AM

Thanks Spanky, I'll give catching them early a go then and baiting with weapon teams.
PAGES (38)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 22
Germany 634

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak