Login

russian armor

Restrict players to only 1 base building of each type

8 Dec 2017, 05:53 AM

Wehrmacht and Soviet players can build multiple base tiers. There is no reason for this therefore should be removed. This would prevent new players from building 2 just to realize there is no point so slightly reduces the learning curve into the game. It also prevents trolls who build 20ish buildings just to waste others time. As there is no legit strategy for building lots of these (that I know of) it is a useless mechanic so should be removed. The way i would do this is just by having a maximum to one on the field at a time just like a tiger. Just to remove confusion I'm talking about building t1 then t1 then t1 then t1 etc.
8 Dec 2017, 06:02 AM

We should also restrict players to building one thread like this. Try to build a second one and they get introduced to Swiftsabre, who clearly needs more locking practice.
8 Dec 2017, 09:50 AM

I think in the 2500 - 3000 hours I played vCoH and CoH2 combined, I can remember building the same building twice for two times.

Not a problem at all.
8 Dec 2017, 10:12 AM

Replace all the buildings into one main HQ, so people will concentrate on battle instead of base building
8 Dec 2017, 10:57 AM

only on coh2.org can you find gold nuggets like this thread :snfPeter:
8 Dec 2017, 12:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Dec 2017, 06:02 AMGrumpy
We should also restrict players to building one thread like this. Try to build a second one and they get introduced to Swiftsabre, who clearly needs more locking practice.

Oi, now now let's be nice :romeoPls:

There is one legitimate strategy I can think of: prevent defeat by base destruction. You can build a cheap building if you're being baseraped to prevent yourself losing when you lose all your structures. It's not much, but it's something.
8 Dec 2017, 15:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Dec 2017, 12:15 PMSwift

Oi, now now let's be nice :romeoPls:

There is one legitimate strategy I can think of: prevent defeat by base destruction. You can build a cheap building if you're being baseraped to prevent yourself losing when you lose all your structures. It's not much, but it's something.

I thought I was being nice by using the crazy English spelling of your name :)
11 Dec 2017, 07:28 AM

Replace all the buildings into one main HQ, so people will concentrate on battle instead of base building

that sone of the main reasons dow2 got bashed like no tomorrow
11 Dec 2017, 08:02 AM

that sone of the main reasons dow2 got bashed like no tomorrow

If you read CoH Youtube comments then A LOT questions are about this topic.

"Will it have more base building?" is something many people ask, while I think the building part is perfect the way it is handled in the game, removing it may cause a giant shit storm.

11 Dec 2017, 09:59 AM

another reason for sov and ost to build more hqs then 1, i can think of is to get more cp's since u get like a between 0.5-1 cp boost if u complete one. (depending on the cost of the building) U can use this to rush certain commander abilities ^^. (it also helps to rush the m4cs just if you tech completely and get your shermans ealier that way.) But other then that i can't really think of a reason xD
11 Dec 2017, 12:52 PM

another reason for sov and ost to build more hqs then 1, i can think of is to get more cp's since u get like a between 0.5-1 cp boost if u complete one. (depending on the cost of the building) U can use this to rush certain commander abilities ^^. (it also helps to rush the m4cs just if you tech completely and get your shermans ealier that way.) But other then that i can't really think of a reason xD

Now that would be fascinating to see a player build three tier ones just to rush a Sherman out by a minute or two. Not sure how effective it would be though :snfPeter:
12 Dec 2017, 09:14 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Dec 2017, 12:52 PMSwift

Now that would be fascinating to see a player build three tier ones just to rush a Sherman out by a minute or two. Not sure how effective it would be though :snfPeter:

its the best thing my crazy abusive mind could come with :megusta:
13 Dec 2017, 01:17 AM

I often build T4 to get enough CPs for a Tiger, then maybe build a Pwerfer after, but thats not multiple of same tier.

13 Dec 2017, 14:09 PM

Let OKW build multiple T2 for a big repairstation area. :D
13 Dec 2017, 14:27 PM
Donator 11

If the player decides to use his resources just to get cp and some more base rape defence then I think its a fair trade, no need to stop him from doing that.
13 Dec 2017, 14:33 PM

It made more sense in vCoH where you got a free MG42 with every building if you chose Defense Doctrine.
14 Dec 2017, 02:29 AM

But what if they want to spam 2 panthers out simultaneously, you didnt think of that :o
14 Dec 2017, 02:49 AM

Build 2 Osteer Panthers at the same time PogChamp.
only in 4v4 can make it happen LUL.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Korea, Republic Of 5
unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak