Login

russian armor

Okw smoke in 1v1

29 Nov 2017, 16:58 PM
Senior Referee Badge

So, now there is a thread about usf smoke i think we should have one for OKW smoke as well.
I have been playing some games with brosras lately and when he plays usf and i play okw he almost always goes for double .50 call. This works really well against OKW bcs okw doesn't have real smoke.

USF: Smoke mortar, smoke grenades, smoke callin. Pack howi smoke.
SOV: Smoke mortar, smoke grenades. Also snipers to counter mg's.
UKF: Smoke grenades, cheap good smoke callin, smoke mortar which is quite expensive, but you get double mortar so it's more worth it. Also snipers to counter mg's.
OST: Smoke mortar, lots of smoke callins. Also snipers to counter mg's.

OKW: Only ONE option. Leig's. Leig's are way more expensive then other mortars (80 mp more!) and are at max as good as the other mortars if not shittier. Yes they have more range, but that doesn't help if you don't hit much ^^ . No snipers, no callins Only shit expensive leigs.
Oh yeah, obers have some kind of smoke. But obers are expensive and get teard apart by vet 3 bars rifles and such. Before you get the vet for it you either lost a lot of mp, or the squad, or the game.

I didn't really thought about this, but this could make okw very underpowered. And it's just not fair as well.

One of my suggestions:
- Give okw smoke grenades on some squads.
- Make leigs cheaper. Give them a nerf in range or whatever, but make them cheaper so the okw player can atleast buy them. (no i don't want another leig spam situation, but there has to be a middle way!!!)
- Give okw in the commander revamp smoke callins.

Opinions please, but keep it polite and only on topic. As this is my balance thread i'll be the one keeping it clean ;)
29 Nov 2017, 17:08 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Hooligan... hooligan.... hooligan....... As i've been told by the many allied fanboys, clearly, just L2P because volks and panther are OP.

Serious part: LeIG is getting smoke in DBP.
29 Nov 2017, 17:15 PM
Senior Referee Badge

Hooligan... hooligan.... hooligan....... As i've been told by the many allied fanboys, clearly, just L2P because volks and panther are OP.

Serious part: LeIG is getting smoke in DBP.

Serious part: I know. But leig is way to expensive and shit, just to get for smoke. It will cost you the game.
29 Nov 2017, 17:21 PM

Serious part: I know. But leig is way to expensive and shit, just to get for smoke. It will cost you the game.

I don't really think it is too expensive honestly, why would you think that ?
29 Nov 2017, 17:21 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

1 thing has to be clear:

To give Volks smokenades is NOT an option.

Edit:

And i mean soviet have only smoke from inf, If you go shocks, what almost nobody does.
Same is to Brits btw. Only when you go for special inf.

So its tricky
29 Nov 2017, 17:22 PM
29 Nov 2017, 17:22 PM
Donator 11

Okw has very good vehicle smoke, for example on flak halftrack. It also gets blendkorpfer on some infantry squads that can be used in the role of smoke cover with additional damage benefits if enemy decides to go through it or if you smoke an mg. They also have powerfull smoke + arty offmap in one of the commanders. That said it is still less smoke than most other factions get, so one could think for example of giving the sight blocking utility to volk flame nades.

Btw there is a faction that has even less smoke and it is soviets. Quite funny that both of them are considered OP by most players. If we are to ballance other aspects of them, they may struggle with the lack of smoke so maybe giving similar solution to soviets with sight blocking molotov is also a good idea.

On the other hand, maybe this is just the design behind those factions that should not be broken?
29 Nov 2017, 17:25 PM
Senior Referee Badge

Okw has very good vehicle smoke, for example on flak halftrack. It also gets blendkorpfer on some infantry squads that can be used in the role of smoke cover with additional damage benefits if enemy decides to go through it or if you smoke an mg. They also have powerfull smoke + arty offmap in one of the commanders. That said it is still less smoke than most other factions get, so one could think for example of giving the sight blocking utility to volk flame nades.

Btw there is a faction that has even less smoke and it is soviets. Quite funny that both of them are considered OP by most players. If we are to ballance other aspects of them, they may struggle with the lack of smoke so maybe giving similar solution to soviets with sight blocking molotov is also a good idea.

On the other hand, maybe this is just the design behind those factions that should not be broken?

Making a vehicle, just for smoke seems akward. Even if the vehicle isn't bad.
Soviets have less smoke, but they have snipers who can deal with it and atleast they have a cheap mortar that can throw smoke.
29 Nov 2017, 17:26 PM
Senior Referee Badge

I don't really think it is too expensive honestly, why would you think that ?

It's to expensive for what it does. It literally almost hits nothing. It hits as much as a mortar. But mortars are 240. Why should leigs be 320?
29 Nov 2017, 17:27 PM
Senior Referee Badge

1 thing has to be clear:

To give Volks smokenades is NOT an option.

Edit:

And i mean soviet have only smoke from inf, If you go shocks, what almost nobody does.
Same is to Brits btw. Only when you go for special inf.

So its tricky

I'm not stupid :P
Ofc we won't do that. But maybe on sturmpio's?
29 Nov 2017, 17:28 PM
Donator 11

Pls delete, wrong info.
29 Nov 2017, 17:29 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

I'm not stupid :P
Ofc we won't do that. But maybe on sturmpio's?

We buffed sturmpios already about the reinforce things.

To give them smoke from begin would make them like: Soviet have Shocktroups from begin --> Wrong way

Good idea, but look ...
29 Nov 2017, 17:33 PM
Donator 11

We buffed sturmpios already about the reinforce things.

To give them smoke from begin would make them like: Soviet have Shocktroups from begin --> Wrong way

Good idea, but look ...

Strumpioneers have stun nades that rarely anybody uses with vet. Maybe they could get changed to smoke nades, that way they are acessible but not from minute 1. On the other hand I feel that would be unfair to soviets.
29 Nov 2017, 17:35 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

Strumpioneers have stun nades that rarely anybody uses with vet. Maybe they could get changed to smoke nades, that way they are acessible but not from minute 1. On the other hand I feel that would be unfair to soviets.

In lategame mgs are no problem anymore. YOu have pivs, KT, walking stuka and co.

I think Hooligan and co have the fear in early game vs mgs spam.
29 Nov 2017, 17:40 PM
Donator 11

In lategame mgs are no problem anymore. YOu have pivs, KT, walking stuka and co.

I think Hooligan and co have the fear in early game vs mgs spam.

Yeah, there are pretty much two types of smoke - early game smoke and late game smoke. Some factions have one covered but not the other. For example soviets could in theory build shocks or mortar to get the early game smoke but in the late game they struggle to cover their advance or retreat in smoke in the way ostheer, usf or ukf do. As for okw it is true they have some means of late game smoking but not in the early game. Real question is: is this a ballance problem or the design choice.
29 Nov 2017, 17:48 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

I don't think assualt arty is considered "accessible smoke" since it's expensive. Don't wanna put smoke on sturms, they're already an overtaxed unit. I think the best option when they rework luftwaffe would be to give it the Ju87 smoke straffe from german mechanized. That's at least something.
29 Nov 2017, 17:48 PM
Donator 22

In the revamp mod sturms got a smoke nade if they upgraded to the Panzerschreck (if I remember correctly). It worked quite well.
29 Nov 2017, 18:11 PM

In the revamp mod sturms got a smoke nade if they upgraded to the Panzerschreck (if I remember correctly). It worked quite well.

No it didn't, smoke would imply some smart cqb usage, but sturmshreck are a useless cqb unit (and at unit)
29 Nov 2017, 18:15 PM

It's to expensive for what it does. It literally almost hits nothing. It hits as much as a mortar. But mortars are 240. Why should leigs be 320?

The only problem I see is that it has a low aoe, it's quite accurate actually.
29 Nov 2017, 18:18 PM

As I know volks can throw incendiary nade whatever. Keep crawling at the front of vicker and throw nade until you reach the range. That's all the skill you need.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★