Login

russian armor

Why soo few map vetos?

29 Nov 2017, 13:20 PM

Permanently Banned
Man this game is full of crap maps on automatch, give a few more vetos $hit relic plz!
29 Nov 2017, 13:27 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Nov 2017, 13:20 PMBravus
Man this game is full of crap maps on automatch, give a few more vetos $hit relic plz!

I know your feeling that's why I worked on it since May 2017

--> We’re also stoked to be implementing a meaty map balance update which will affect many of the maps within the game. Serious credit goes to SoE-Sturmpanther for coordinating the effort, and to map making experts Capiqua, Siphon X, Pigsoup, Lord Rommel, MonolithicBacon and Whiteflash. Their time and expertise have made this fantastic update possible. The result will be more fun, balanced and competitive maps. A huge win for everyone. Get ready to reset your vetoes!

http://www.companyofheroes.com/blog/2017/10/30/company-of-heroes-2-december-update
29 Nov 2017, 20:33 PM

I'd rather have a larger map pool.

I still don't understand why there's a rotation instead of just cumulatively adding maps over time.
29 Nov 2017, 21:00 PM

I'd rather have a larger map pool.

I still don't understand why there's a rotation instead of just cumulatively adding maps over time.

Oh really? I think it was this year or late 2016 when there have been 4 new 2v2 maps(Elst, Schilberg, Pripyat and Lisores) added to the pool. And the last 2 mentioned maps are regarded as being giga-trash by almost everyone who plays 2v2.
29 Nov 2017, 22:54 PM
Donator 11

If you had too many vetoes matchmaker could possibly find itself in a situation where its impossible to choose a map that has not been matched by one of the players. In effect it would have to ignore vetoes completely and force you to play on maps you really dont want to play on. So it is really better as it is.

Also vetoes are not exactly ment to be used to disable all the maps you don't play well on, just the ones that actually are really are just bad or especially hard for specific player. But there is actually much less such maps than vetoes.

If you happen to be in situation where one of the maps really gets on your nerves and you need to veto it but your veto pool is full, just delete all the other maps and add this one, then try to learn to play on these maps that you have vetoed before.
30 Nov 2017, 18:29 PM

Since we are on the argument, can someone explain me why literally everyone always veto dusseldorf and gerlenski (whatever its called) refinery? Are they so bad for both axis and allies?
30 Nov 2017, 18:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Nov 2017, 18:29 PManerkas
Since we are on the argument, can someone explain me why literally everyone always veto dusseldorf and gerlenski (whatever its called) refinery? Are they so bad for both axis and allies?

They're just a nightmare to play really. GR lacks pretty basic flanking routes and has lots of ludicrously tall buildings in it, whilst being a bit large for 2v2 and too small for 3v3. Dusseldorf is like playing with your eyes closed, there are about three different roads to drive tanks down, and it's mine/demo heaven. Not enjoyable in the slightest.
30 Nov 2017, 18:57 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Nov 2017, 13:20 PMBravus

Have a look here:

https://www.coh2.org/topic/66131/map-pool-update
30 Nov 2017, 20:50 PM

if there was no düsseldorf and gelsenkirchen there would be 2 vetos more
1 Dec 2017, 07:29 AM

^
And both free vetoes I will spend them for both Moscow Outskirt LUL.

1 Dec 2017, 13:07 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

^
And both free vetoes I will spend them for both Moscow Outskirt LUL.

Feel free :)

I will give the map a chance now. And see how its working on automatch now.
12 Dec 2017, 11:44 AM

Permanently Banned
I just play for fun now, and i trying search the fun in coh2 now, i will do instantly quit if i got some of crap maps on 4v4, because i wanna 4v4, no 2v2 or 1v1 in a 4v4 game, soo boring! 99% of the maps are really bad design with soo many separeted team.

I just like Redball and Port hamburg, the rest is a crap!

And someguys that continue play for fun in 1v1 mod need money! Cause they can play that infinite capture points boring game style? Heroes!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 45
Germany 34
Korea, Republic Of 3
Germany 46

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %