Login

russian armor

Is Jaeger Light Infantry Just Inherently Superior?

29 Nov 2017, 06:19 AM

Ever since I started playing Jaeger Light Infantry often as OKW, my amount of wins and overall performance has skyrocketed thanks to Jaegers' sight range. They make all other infantry in the game feel like they're functionally blind.

So I'm wondering: what do people do with other doctrines to spot without putting valuable units in danger, given how OKW doesn't really have units that aren't valuable?

And is it just me, or do Jaeger Light Infantry grant such a consistent advantage throughout basically 90% of any match that even the impact of a Fallschirmjager squad behind the enemy every once in a while doesn't seem to compare in terms of overall potency?

I've been annoyed with how blind units in CoH2 are since the game's launch, but I was always put off from trying Jaeger Light Infantry because of how ridiculously flimsy Ostheer four-man squads are (and so I assumed the Jaegers would be the same), so I never realized the positive effect such a long sight range has on the entire OKW army, even if the squads providing it are four-man.
29 Nov 2017, 07:50 AM

Keep on using this strat and winning.

Once you've laddered up enough you will see yourself getting countered, don't worry
29 Nov 2017, 08:06 AM

Keep on using this strat and winning.

Once you've laddered up enough you will see yourself getting countered, don't worry

Well, my issue is more... how do you get greater sight range on other doctrines?

Are there any kind of tricks people use, like maybe building structures of some kind, or positioning in some special way in relation to buildings/trees/etc., or holding a certain portion of the map until a certain phase of a match?

Or even something as basic as "put Sturmpioneers up front and Volks in the back" or vice-versa?

Because with all other doctrines, visibility is so limited that it's just frustrating.
29 Nov 2017, 08:21 AM
Strategist Badge

Well, my issue is more... how do you get greater sight range on other doctrines?

Are there any kind of tricks people use, like maybe building structures of some kind, or positioning in some special way in relation to buildings/trees/etc., or holding a certain portion of the map until a certain phase of a match?

Or even something as basic as "put Sturmpioneers up front and Volks in the back" or vice-versa?

Because with all other doctrines, visibility is so limited that it's just frustrating.

recon can be important, but as you play you will also begin to 'just know' where the enemy is going to have his troops or MG or whatever, because the maps aren't that big :P

Also try using an Infrared half track as OKW, this unit is often called the 'map hack' unit for good reason :)
29 Nov 2017, 09:40 AM
Donator 11

As for the simple ways that many players use and that work is hopping inside a building befotre advancing to see what opponent does. Another thing is staying at fighting range with a volk squad and soft retreating after getting the insight. Often players also use kubel and luchs in agressive way, that gives a lot of insight as well. If you chose overwatch doctrine you will also get free recon when enemy advances into your point.
1 Dec 2017, 00:02 AM

panzerfusilier flares, and the IR halftrack.
1 Dec 2017, 01:23 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

People mentioned some great options already, so I'll just emphasize some of the more practical ones:

Raketens can be used for scouting, especially once they've hit vet 1.

Panzerfusiliers' g43 upgrade grants extra sight range.

Volksgrenadiers get more sight range at vet 4.
2 Dec 2017, 00:42 AM

Is there anywhere that I can view exact numbers for unit sight ranges?

I seem to recall that there's a DPS stats spreadsheet somewhere, but from what I remember, it didn't have unit sight ranges or any other such stats.
2 Dec 2017, 01:00 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

Is there anywhere that I can view exact numbers for unit sight ranges?

I seem to recall that there's a DPS stats spreadsheet somewhere, but from what I remember, it didn't have unit sight ranges or any other such stats.

Theres no good single source that will tell you everything that you need to know.

For unit sight ranges:
http://stat.coh2.hu/

For sight bonuses that come from vet:
https://www.coh2.org/guides/29892/the-company-of-heroes-2-veterancy-guide

For sight bonuses that come from unit and commander abilities:
https://www.coh2.org/guides/52852/the-coh2-ability-guide

All infantry, tanks, and weapon teams have a sight range of 35, which is standard infantry weapon range.

Scouting infantry and scouting vehicles have a sight range of 50.

Pioneers have a sight range of 42.

Snipers have a sight range of 45.

The panzerfusilier g43 upgrade gives additional sight range; you would have to look through patch notes or some other source to find out how much it is (its some percentage bonus that makes it something like 52).
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 33
Germany 5
unknown 4
unknown 3
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L