Login

russian armor

Issues with Nahwv on Panzer IV?

23 Nov 2017, 22:07 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I've been trying to add a copy of the Sturmtiger Nahwv on the OKW Panzer IV, but the launch point seems to be from the bottom of the tank. To get it to fire from the turret roof, I had to put a origin y of 40, but this seems to make it fire almost straight up and have a long travel time before it falls down again. I've tried limiting the projectile non_collide_end_angle to 45 (down from 89) to no effect. Am I missing something?
26 Nov 2017, 21:57 PM
Donator 11

Maybe try using different heading values (on the hardpoint) than those used on the Sturmtiger? Also, is the parent_hardpoint set to 1 so that it turns with the turret?
27 Nov 2017, 05:43 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Maybe try using different heading values (on the hardpoint) than those used on the Sturmtiger? Also, is the parent_hardpoint set to 1 so that it turns with the turret?

It's currently set to hardpoint 4, which is the MG42 on the pintle gun (Sturmtiger's is hardpoint 3). EDIT: Misinterpreted that. What does heading do, exactly? And no, it is currently set to -1 (though the original pintle MG42 was set to 1), because otherwise it fires the main gun before it launches the grenade.
27 Nov 2017, 06:15 AM
Donator 11

I believe heading determines the direction in which the shot is fired.
27 Nov 2017, 06:56 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Ah, I've found the issue; upon inspecting the projectile further, I needed to change launcher_marker from fx_launcher to something else (for now using fx_top_hatch).
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★