Login

russian armor

Game Freezes

17 Nov 2017, 10:06 AM
Senior Referee Badge

So i don't really know where to put this, so i made a thread in coh2 bugs.

The last week i have been getting a big freeze moment (10 seconds) in almost every game i played. Since i mostly played dbp it might have something to do with that? It's really annoying bcs it happens so often. My screen just totally freezes and then it catches up after 10 seconds.
I know A LOT of other players have it 2, all with the dbp as well. Does it maybe has something to do with dbp? I remember that with the last balance patch preview there was trouble with lag and such as well.
Or is it just the servers or the game that's doing it? I'm pretty sure it's not a driver problem or something, because so many people have it.

Any idea's? :D
17 Nov 2017, 10:09 AM

Happens to every time I play DBP as well.

Not talking about my 30 second input potato PC lag, this one happens through match and rarely happened before
17 Nov 2017, 10:14 AM

If this has been occurring to you while playing DBP, do you remember what was the first version of DBP you started noticing such issues, and also when was the last time you experienced that?
17 Nov 2017, 11:59 AM
Senior Referee Badge

If this has been occurring to you while playing DBP, do you remember what was the first version of DBP you started noticing such issues, and also when was the last time you experienced that?

Im pretty sure i had it from the beginning. I had in 3 out of 4 games today.
17 Nov 2017, 16:10 PM

Im pretty sure i had it from the beginning. I had in 3 out of 4 games today.

Out of the entirety of the changes in the mod, the most likely cause seems to be the newest anti-ghostbag measures.

We'll try reverting that one, and see if that fixes the problem.
28 Nov 2017, 14:11 PM

*bump*

Ever since v1.5 we've reverted ghostbag changes. Could anybody comment on the state of possible performance drops, and whether that revert has managed to address them?
28 Nov 2017, 16:41 PM
Senior Referee Badge

*bump*

Ever since v1.5 we've reverted ghostbag changes. Could anybody comment on the state of possible performance drops, and whether that revert has managed to address them?

I'll test some games the upcoming days and come back to you!
28 Nov 2017, 17:28 PM

I found that the only way to fix this is to delete mods and also unsubscribe to them so that as you delete them, they dont reinstall the next time you boot. My PC was infested with them. I noticed that every time I booted COH2 it would take the main menu a good 3 minute too load properly and get rid of the menu lag that also plagues the game.
28 Nov 2017, 17:35 PM
Senior Referee Badge

I unsubbed from all my skins etc. a few days ago and i think i have only played 3 games since, but they were all without freezes. So it could have been that yeah and not dbp.
8 Dec 2017, 16:38 PM
Senior Referee Badge

I can confirm it's not dbp. I played automatch yesterday with vonasten and had the freezes too. So it's my pc or it's coh2 in general. Don't know which of the 2 it is. I'm going to buy some pc upgrades in the upcoming days and i'll have a look if i still have the freezes after. If i still have them then, it's probably coh2 tbh. But i dont know if im going to be intime to test it before dbp comes out :(
8 Dec 2017, 18:19 PM

I can confirm it's not dbp. I played automatch yesterday with vonasten and had the freezes too. So it's my pc or it's coh2 in general. Don't know which of the 2 it is. I'm going to buy some pc upgrades in the upcoming days and i'll have a look if i still have the freezes after. If i still have them then, it's probably coh2 tbh. But i dont know if im going to be intime to test it before dbp comes out :(

My PC got srs memory issues after I installed all those new windows 10 updates.

Might be same for you.
20 Dec 2017, 09:42 AM
Senior Referee Badge

It's still happening. It's not my pc, it's the servers or it's coh2. Any idea's?
3 Jan 2018, 21:06 PM
Senior Referee Badge

I have recently (last 4 months) upgraded my cpu, cooling and i bought a new ssd.
Ever since i started using dbp (the actual mod) i started having those freezes. Every game i get 5-7 seconds of complete ingame freeze. This happens almost every game (75% chance i'd say) and sometimes it even happens 2-3 times.

I've upgraded my cpu and cooling and ssd after i started having those freezes and it didn't help. I have tried the following things:
- My mouse is quite old and the wires are a bit unraveld so it could be that my mouse is causing a short circuit which gets my pc into a loop or something. I tried playing with another mouse, didn't work still had the freezes.
- I updated all my drivers.
- I updated all my windows shit
- I updated all the chip sets and extra shit (don't know the exact terms) on my motherboard
- It's not my internet, my brother is on the wifi while im on a cable (so i should have better internet) and he doesn't have this problem.
- I reinstalled and validated game cache etc and i installed it on 2 different ssds (and old and new one).
- I deleted a lot of skins and maps etc. etc.
- I deleted all my replays

My dad thinks its something with my software, not my hardware.
- It could be windows (but i have the official upgrades to windows 10 etc and never had problems with it since windows 10 :/)
- It could be my mother board maybe? It's from 2013-2015.

I also sometimes (quite randomly) have total freezes in which my pc totally freezes and i have to restart it with the button on my pc case. But this is probably seperate from the ingame freezes of coh2.

Any idea's? :(
3 Jan 2018, 21:19 PM

Permanently Banned
Relic hate you :snfPeter:
I dont know, you know Kyle and Co or another peopeles from ORG know him and can write to him. Maybe should write to him about game optimization ? Maybe relic should fix it ? Relic make genoicude of optimization from 2014. But ye, who cares, better be inside about info from game or kiss relic *ss :luvCarrot:
3 Jan 2018, 21:35 PM

To be 100% sure it's not your PC I think it would be helpful if you use a 2nd monitor (implying the PC does not react to Alt + Tab etc. during a freeze) to keep an eye on the performance screen of your Task Manager whenever such a freeze happens.

I re-setup my entire PC 8 months ago and before that time, a certain Windows 10 Update caused my 12GB RAM to reach 100% shortly at the most random moments, which made the PC extremely laggy during that time.
3 Jan 2018, 21:42 PM

I normally get lag/disconnect issues in COH2. But those are all network related. Do you get the Server disconnected messages? My ISP connection outside the house has been questionable.

You stated you are wire connected to your router. You could try WiFi to rule out your network cable or its connection to the network card. You can get a wireless USB adapter for very cheap for testing. When I would have disconnect issues my internet still appeared to be working. But I am guessing it was intermittent and would cause COH2/Server to get confused. I created a WiFi hotspot with my phone and never had disconnect issues on my phone.

OTHER THOUGHTS
If your screen is freezing that sounds like a hardware issue. In the old days hardware would freeze up and you had to reboot. Now CPUs may declock themselves and cool off and possibly return to working. Or your GPU may sense a software issue and reset the card/software. I imagine most of those scenarios would result in COH2 crashing. Which you are not seeing. The only hardware you have not changed is your GPU. Drop all settings down low and see if it runs? If your PC is in a high humidty area such as a basement I have seen some issues with oxidation on the Ram connections that caused weird issues. But that is rare.

If you have two monitors you should have Task Manager/resource monitor open on the other screen at all times to see if your CPU or Hard Drive spikes etc. An SSD has much better seek times than a traditional HDD so heavy HDD traffic should not affect you as much.
4 Jan 2018, 10:25 AM
Senior Referee Badge

To be 100% sure it's not your PC I think it would be helpful if you use a 2nd monitor (implying the PC does not react to Alt + Tab etc. during a freeze) to keep an eye on the performance screen of your Task Manager whenever such a freeze happens.

So if my task manager would show an insane peek of usage of the cpu/memory then it's my pc, right?
Thx for the advise :)
4 Jan 2018, 10:37 AM
Senior Referee Badge

I normally get lag/disconnect issues in COH2. But those are all network related. Do you get the Server disconnected messages? My ISP connection outside the house has been questionable.

You stated you are wire connected to your router. You could try WiFi to rule out your network cable or its connection to the network card. You can get a wireless USB adapter for very cheap for testing. When I would have disconnect issues my internet still appeared to be working. But I am guessing it was intermittent and would cause COH2/Server to get confused. I created a WiFi hotspot with my phone and never had disconnect issues on my phone.

OTHER THOUGHTS
If your screen is freezing that sounds like a hardware issue. In the old days hardware would freeze up and you had to reboot. Now CPUs may declock themselves and cool off and possibly return to working. Or your GPU may sense a software issue and reset the card/software. I imagine most of those scenarios would result in COH2 crashing. Which you are not seeing. The only hardware you have not changed is your GPU. Drop all settings down low and see if it runs? If your PC is in a high humidty area such as a basement I have seen some issues with oxidation on the Ram connections that caused weird issues. But that is rare.

If you have two monitors you should have Task Manager/resource monitor open on the other screen at all times to see if your CPU or Hard Drive spikes etc. An SSD has much better seek times than a traditional HDD so heavy HDD traffic should not affect you as much.

It gives me the "connection lost, reconnecting succesfully reconnected" sometimes. Like 50% of the times, so that's weird too.
Maybe my dad has a usb adapter, i'll try that out. I'll also try another internet cable, as the one im using right now has been flat together a few times now by my door haha.
I'll also drop my settings low and see if it still works then. If it does work then it's my gpu who can not handle my settings, right?
No, my pc is not in a basement so we can cross that one of the list :P
I have one a little bit older ssd and one new ssd. I'll try the task manager thing yes.

Thx for the advise!! I'll post back here when i've tested all those things, first reinstalling coh2 again now. I really appreciate your help guys :)
4 Jan 2018, 15:51 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

The computer crashing from windows sounds like an old issue I had when i fresh installed windows 10. Turned out my motherboard BIOS wasn't fully compatible with windows 10 and caused freezes like this. Have you updated your mobo BIOS?

If you plan to try and update BIOS make you sure you fully understand what you plan to do and how to do it. You can really mess up a motherboard if you don't install BIOS correctly.
4 Jan 2018, 18:02 PM
Senior Referee Badge

The computer crashing from windows sounds like an old issue I had when i fresh installed windows 10. Turned out my motherboard BIOS wasn't fully compatible with windows 10 and caused freezes like this. Have you updated your mobo BIOS?

If you plan to try and update BIOS make you sure you fully understand what you plan to do and how to do it. You can really mess up a motherboard if you don't install BIOS correctly.

Hmm, i'll think about that yeah.

Tried like 6 games today with Talisman after reinstalling and the freezes were only in 2 games. And the total freeze hasn't happened for days now. So maybe i fixed the total freezes by updating all that shit of my motherboard and the other stuff. I'll try using another internet cable and the usb wifi somewhere the upcoming days so i can fully exclude internet.

Every time i have a freeze in coh2 my gpu starts using way less (from 98% or something to 60% and if it takes long even to 0!). Talisman said however that this could be bcs the cpu is crashing or something and can't send signals to the gpu which means the gpu thinks he doesn't have to do anything.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS