Login

russian armor

Double MG open with bulletins pretty game-breaking

8 Aug 2013, 14:47 PM

Having lost to this strat last night decided to try it out on a friend and decent player to see how it works.

With the bulletins, MGs vet up ridiculously fast and allow a cut-off or at least the Ostheer player to maintain significantly better map control for quite a long time. Heavy T2 with essentially a blob army of halftrack, two grens, and AC counters everything.

The best counter to heavy T2 is of course a T70, but if you go snipers/cars initially to try and force off the MGs then you have no hard AT for T3 or T4 units. Support is not viable because the mortar comes out slower than it takes for two mgs to walk up and in any case, it's easier to avoid a mortar than a sniper.

Anyway this works like a charm on Kholodny and Langreskaya (both versions.) It might work on Minsk and Priyat but haven't tested it. The problem is the Soviet counters come out far slower on those maps then it takes for 2 mgs to cause a base pin.

Gonna try some conscript spam against it later, but I think it should just take a little longer to get the base pin...Ostheer can then just spam more MGs.

8 Aug 2013, 16:20 PM

I saw the replay ... I think going quickly with the sniper has been a gamble ... better to start with 2 teams of conscripts and Molotov cocktails, this is to allow you to skirt any mg42.

obvious after seeing the replay everything is easier ...
also why go 2 claown car, the better 1 but with the engineers / flamethrower

the mortar was a great counter but arrives too late
8 Aug 2013, 19:48 PM

This is how I handle multiple MGs on Langres. I can't attest to this player's skill, as there is no visible indication.

8 Aug 2013, 20:33 PM

When i play against 2 mg in beginning i play with mortar and i have a slowly beginning than usual but its' the only way i find to counter this quicly.

3 cons 2 mortar 1 at.

I play against you last night with this opening.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★