Login

russian armor

What is wrong about playing only one faction ?

15 Nov 2017, 12:12 PM

I am getting sick at tired of people telling me "you should play all the factions".

I'm gonna introduce you to a "little" game called StarCraft (both of them). In SC 1 and SC 2, pro gamers and casual gamers stick to ONLY ONE race so that they can master it in time.

Why isn't that mentality appliable here? What makes this game different?

Edit: By one faction I meant that I play both Wehr and OKW.

i'm pretty sure Pro starcraft players have at least Tried one of the other races once in their lifetime.
15 Nov 2017, 12:47 PM

It's like being a Vegan. You miss a lot in your life, you think everyone else is an asshole and feel others are OP. You are also very vocal an annoying.
15 Nov 2017, 15:19 PM

I only play rock. Nerf paper plz.
15 Nov 2017, 15:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Nov 2017, 12:47 PMRMMLz
It's like being a Vegan. You miss a lot in your life, you think everyone else is an asshole and feel others are OP. You are also very vocal an annoying.

This lol
15 Nov 2017, 15:55 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Nov 2017, 23:11 PMGrumpy
Starcraft allows mirror matches. COH doesn't.

Starcraft pros know all the races in and out, and i played a ton of SC1/SC2 myself and have played all 3 factions for a decent amount of time. I think its not wrong to say that that is valid for most SC1/2 players actually, to have experienced all the factions enough to understand them very well.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with playing only one faction.

There is, however, something to be said about playing one faction and discussing the balance of the overall game or other factions. This is a complex game where there's a lot more faction specific mechanics at work.

I think players who only play one faction to be useful in discussions, but only for nuanced, high level play concerning that faction. But not necessarily overall balance or design of other factions/matchups.

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Nov 2017, 09:48 AMzarok47
It's thinking you can still make valid balance claims dispite missing out on atleast 60% of the game.

It doesn't help all one faction players/mains/whatever think their side is weak and the other side is OP
15 Nov 2017, 16:35 PM

Permanently Banned
There is absolutely nothing wrong with playing only one faction.

There is, however, something to be said about playing one faction and discussing the balance of the overall game or other factions. This is a complex game where there's a lot more faction specific mechanics at work.

I think players who only play one faction to be useful in discussions, but only for nuanced, high level play concerning that faction. But not necessarily overall balance or design of other factions/matchups.

I mean, an okw only 1v1 player is still dealing with 4 factions. But I wouldn't trust their perspective concerning how changes to allied units would affect ostheer gameplay.

^^
This.
15 Nov 2017, 16:37 PM

Permanently Banned
Also, imo SC1 mirrors are boring.
15 Nov 2017, 18:09 PM

If you only play one faction, things are more likely to feel unfair/OP/unbalanced when you get hammered by them.

By having used those similar strategies yourself, you will know the limitations and weaknesses and it should feel less OP.

Knowlege is power :D
15 Nov 2017, 20:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Nov 2017, 12:47 PMRMMLz

Bahaha!
Best analogy
15 Nov 2017, 21:02 PM

1. People are legit offended towards different factions of the game. With personal hate.
2. There are individuals who play only one faction with a phone number of a rank, who has no idea what they are talking about so they look stupid and waste everyone time. Unfortunately there are a lot who poisons these fourms.

Other than that I find no wrong reason to only play one faction, just as long as you have a reasonable skill, you have every right to do what pleases you for entertainment. And if you want to comment about balance a respectable rank carries more weight. If the number 1 OH player only played OH, yet he was near unbeatable, he wouldn’t be called a fan boy. Guaranteed.

Some of these fucks don’t know what else shit is besides coh2 and the fourms, so they take it personal when someone comments only for one faction.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★