Login

russian armor

[1v1] Brits vs OST

14 Nov 2017, 02:14 AM

Hello. In this match I'm the Osther player.

Well, in this match, once I saw he was going for the mortar emplacement, I decided to fight it using double mortars, as it was the best tool I had, but only noticed the bofors once it had already wiped one of my squads.

Once the late game rolled in, my best idea was to go for stug spam to challenge his tanks, and maybe a Tiger. Those things failed, mostly because an awful charge into his positions that quickly got countered, and the mobility o f the comet just allow it to escape my Paks.

My most important questions is, how to break this kind of fortification in the center? But any other advice you can give me, is most welcome.

Thanks in advance.
14 Nov 2017, 04:39 AM

Your options for killing emplacements that early in order of decreasing effectiveness are
Flamer Ht
Mortar Ht
2 mortars
Flamer Pios
Shrek Pgrens

Later on LEH artillery is quite good.

I think you had a chance to get the mortar pit around minute 16, but you only had 1 mortar firing and the other was in the south. You also didnt have anybody nearby to stop pios from rushing your mortar.

If you are committed and micro your mortars a little better, you would have a chance to kill them if he didn't get the doctirnal repair. With that it would have been very tough. Its also helpful to barrage then shift command attack ground on the Mortar pit so you don't lose firing time after the barrage(not saying you didn't but it helps). Also I think brace lasts for 30 second so counting when they turn it on can help you time your attacks on bofors and artillery strikes if you end up having them.

At the same time investing in 3 mortars to kill like 680 manpower of emplacements doesnt seem unreasonable, 3 mortars should have recked him pretty bad.

Since he went bofors he couldnt have an AEC so getting a flamenwerfer Ht would likely have been very effective. You may have been able to attack from the north and hit his mortar pit.

Finally I think getting a sniper wouldve been very effective early on. You could bleed his manpower and put more pressure on him. This would delay his mortar pit, tanks and reduce his ability to get an At gun to stop a flame halftrack or a mortar ht if you choose to get a doctrine with that in it in your roster. Mabye he would be compeled to get an AEC and not the bofors he wanted.

Hope this helps a little. Sometimes mortar pits are just impossible to kill if things don't roll your way though. Especially if they get stand fast. Flames are super good vs them though try that first.
14 Nov 2017, 16:19 PM

Thanks for the advices. I think playing the bledding game with the sniper would had help me a lot, besides, I didn't think abouth the flame HT because las time I tried, it got killed in seconds by the bofors, but this map was perfect to burn the mortar pit whiout having to deal with the bofors.

Once again, thanks for the help a and the advices.
14 Nov 2017, 21:04 PM

A lot of British players prep for flame halftracks with an AEC more than bofors. If there's a bofors you just have to try and take the rest of the map and prepare for the long haul to clear out the simcity. It's painfully boring to deal with, which is why it often results in a British victory screen.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 93
Netherlands 11
France 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak