Login

russian armor

2on2 near loss, or was it?

13 Nov 2017, 21:33 PM

2on2 with my brother. Seemed we were winning it. I think the turning point was when we lost our Tiger Ace. One enemy dropped, the AI pushed a bit on the right while the US Army just spammed Wolverines and just killed us. What could I have done different? I may have transisioned from Panthers to something else when I saw he was spamming Wolverines, but what?

I haven't played in a long time, so I'm quite off-meta and could use some help "rebooting".

Im [NurZ] Nils.
13 Nov 2017, 22:32 PM

Gotta watch your replay but tommorow. Any wishes for that? Just want the review what you could do to win at some point? Or whole match?
14 Nov 2017, 06:38 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Nov 2017, 22:32 PMFrost
Gotta watch your replay but tommorow. Any wishes for that? Just want the review what you could do to win at some point? Or whole match?

Hey thank you! I think I kind of knew what I was doing most of the time, I just couldn't get past the combination of inf blob and Wolverines by the USF. I think it would be good to know whether in this situation I should have transitioned into something else or not.

I think I did fairly good in the early game? They had a surrender vote at some point, so maybe something how we could have just ended it with the Tiger Ace would be nice to know. I think we might have overcommitted...

Do I don't think much about until maybe around min 20-30 is that interesting, build order and micro errors I can see and hopefully eliminate on my own. It's more about adapting tactics where I'm particularly bad at.

28 Nov 2017, 14:45 PM

Okay, finally watched your game. Quite late, but they say better later than never, don't they? :D Sorry for that, got many things to get ride of during that time.

Alright, if you don't want review of your build, so let's go straight to errors in strategy.

- You are keeping your units, especially grenadieres on red cover, against full automatic weapons from Riflemen. As you could notice, your infantry was shredded mostly to that. Next time, you should better look around for your kids if you want to stay in a game because vetted infantry is crucial thing for all the factions.
- Overall, even if you saw all those opponent's blobs, you didn't decide for something that would suppress them. Well placed machine gun or bunker with MG could easily stop their advance for long time since it's one of biggest map for 2v2.
- Thou didn't help your brother (only slightly few times, but I feel it wasn't enough) , even if he struggled against two enemies. He had troubles almost whole game on his side to push his stuff when you stayed at your side and waited for USF which used to came in quite period of time. I think you should communicate next time more and help yourself like real brothers :D Together against all.
- Completely unsupported raids with tanks, overall not very beneficial. You were too passive when you had a chance to break your enemy down, and too aggressive when he had full AT option (3 high vetted M36 Jacksons) which was a lot too much for your Panthers. At this point you should consider invest in some PaKs or try to make strong push with infantry and smoke (your doctrine allowed to do that very nice) but you send your panthers, especially later one by one and those Jacksons had easily work to did.
- Overall I felt like this doctrine was a mistake. You didn't have too much munition to work with, mortar HT did nothing and didn't place LeFH when you had a chance to do a lot since they hadn't tools to somehow destroy it straight. In this situation I would rather propose Blitzkrieg Doctrine with CAS which could easily done those Jacksons when you pushed, smoke and command tank which could reduce damage from tank destroyers.
Same goes to sniper where he was completely waste of munition.
- You had about 1000 men power float when you had no infantry on the field.

Overall, I think you have lack of experience and speed due short hours played but I think it will greatly improve in some time :)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★